Author Topic: Artificial light lowers female fertility  (Read 3442 times)

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Artificial light lowers female fertility
« on: August 21, 2015, 03:46:28 am »
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-3204762/Have-sex-dark-want-pregnant-Exposure-light-night-damaging-women-s-fertility.html

I have this theory that, like all past sentient  alien life before us, we will eventually encounter  multiple extinction events, in line with the Great Filter Theory. The idea being that, as we steadily behave and act in ways that are more and more unnatural and anti-Nature/anti-palaeo etc., we end up slowly but surely becoming extinct as a species in the end. The above article is just one example among many.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2015, 05:14:27 am by TylerDurden »
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Artificia light lowers female fertility
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2015, 05:01:03 am »
You are forgetting that people actually can learn from their mistakes and improve without having to experience the deaths of billions. Good find, though. I enjoyed the article.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: Artificial light lowers female fertility
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2015, 05:16:44 am »
You are forgetting that people actually can learn from their mistakes and improve without having to experience the deaths of billions. Good find, though. I enjoyed the article.
Only a very small minority, though, not enough.....
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2015, 05:56:51 am »
Now I'm thinking of Inger and her avoidance of artificial lighting.
Has anyone of you men met Inger personally?
She must be oozing with fertility.
What do your senses tell you?
Inger?
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2015, 06:48:42 am »
Only a very small minority, though, not enough.....

20 years ago the raw food and paleo diets were basically unknown, as was Dr. Price's work.  Now they are known by millions of people, and are gaining rapidly in popularity.

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2015, 09:50:26 am »
I think this is directly related to an old observation: women in a night-lit city have trouble with irregular menstruation until they can have a day-night AND lunar-cycle light patterns. Remember, the natural night is not completely dark, not equally dark every night of the moon's circuit.
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2015, 10:39:14 am »
I think this is directly related to an old observation: women in a night-lit city have trouble with irregular menstruation until they can have a day-night AND lunar-cycle light patterns. Remember, the natural night is not completely dark, not equally dark every night of the moon's circuit.

I've not heard that before.

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2015, 11:34:35 am »
I've not heard that before.

Like this 1986 study http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3716780 and the bazillion years of old wives' tales that led up to such a study. Women know about synchronized menses guided by lunar cycles if they have lived together where lighting is celestial instead of artificial.
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2015, 03:33:40 pm »
20 years ago the raw food and paleo diets were basically unknown, as was Dr. Price's work.  Now they are known by millions of people, and are gaining rapidly in popularity.
Well, even Paleophil and I could only come to a reasonable figure of  1.2 million worldwide for eaters of raw meats, however partially. Sure, there is probably another 1 million(or much less?), mostly in the US, who practise Dr Price's diet filled with unhealthy grains, and the cooked-palaeos mostly only dabble in it for a short time and do very unhealthy versions of it, being inspired by Ray Peat and/or eating  lots of heavily-cooked grainfed meats, judging from a cooked-palaeolithic diet list I am on. Ironically, even though we are smaller in number, our activity-levels are way higher than most cooked-palaeodiet forums, which is why we often get cooked-palaeodieters who mistakenly want to join us.
" Ron Paul.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk