Poll

On average, how many days per week do you eat no carbs (animal product only)

3 (21.4%)
1-2
3 (21.4%)
3-4
2 (14.3%)
5-6
0 (0%)
6 (42.9%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Author Topic: How often do you eat zero carbs?  (Read 7068 times)

JaX

How often do you eat zero carbs?
« on: April 06, 2009, 02:52:14 am »
It seems that people who go on a raw paleo diet end up eating mostly raw meat/fat and so eat a low carb diet. I remember when I started on raw paleo and had an idea that animal foods would only be the minority of my diet.. just doesn't work that way lol

Anyway the point of this thread is to see where most raw paleo dieters are in terms of carb consumption

« Last Edit: April 06, 2009, 02:57:55 am by Seeker »

Satya

Re: How often do you eat zero carbs?
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2009, 05:18:31 am »
Are you going to count seaweed as animal food?  Seaweeds are not plants!  Actually, they are neither.  I suppose you may want to define what you mean by "animal foods" before I can vote.

http://www.bio.umass.edu/biology/conn.river/protoc.html
Protoctists are aquatic: some primarily marine, some primarily freshwater, and some in watery tissues of other organisms. Nearly every animal, fungus and plant - perhaps every species - has protoctist associates. Some protoctist phyla include hundreds of species, all of which are parasitic on other organisms.

Offline invisible

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2009, 07:55:45 am »
I usually eat nothing but red meat

Offline vernon

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2009, 11:07:39 am »
Many people said rice is not good but our bodies need carbo isnt it so?

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2009, 12:02:00 pm »

There are better carb sources.  Raw carb sources like fruits and vegetables.
But we are off topic.
Some people experience benefits when going on "zero" or close to zero carbs. (meat isn't completely zero carbs, but its close to what is meant in this topic.)
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline lex_rooker

• Trailblazer
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2009, 12:52:49 pm »

The simple answer is NO - our bodies don't need any carbohydrates at all.  I haven't eaten any carbs for several years now and I know several others that haven't eaten carbs for many years - just lean meat and animal fat.  I'm much healthier now than I was when eating carbs.

Lex 

Offline Raw Kyle

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2009, 01:47:42 am »
Lex, if I may amend that statement, our bodies don't need to consume any carbs. We need carbs, but these can be easily made from any other energy containing food molecule we eat.

Offline invisible

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2009, 02:07:45 pm »
Lex, if I may amend that statement, our bodies don't need to consume any carbs. We need carbs, but these can be easily made from any other energy containing food molecule we eat.

We need glucose, not carbs per se.

Offline Raw Kyle

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2009, 07:32:47 pm »
Glucose is a carbohydrate. It is THE basic carbohydrate from which all more complex and large carbs are derived.

Offline lex_rooker

• Trailblazer
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2009, 11:51:39 pm »

I suppose your statement is more technically accurate from a scientific point of view, however, from a layman's point of view, "needs" would be related to what I'm able to control.  I can only control what I consume.  What my body does with what I consume is totally out of my control and without sophisticated technolgy, I have no ability to see or measure glucose or any other substance that my body manufactures from the food I eat.  My body needs Human Growth Hormone, but it is not available in anything thing I could directly consume so I don't consider it a "need" that I can do anything about.

Vernon's question was related to rice which is something we consume and then asked if carbs (food like rice being implied) are necessary.  My simple answer was NO.  Based on the wording of his post, I don't think Vernon was concerned with all the complex chemical reactions taking place in our bodies - he was more interested in what he needed to eat.  He does not need to eat any carbs.

I guess if you get nit-picky you could also insist that all meat contains some carbs in the form of glycogen, and I'm sure this is true. Therefore, strictly speaking, ALL foods we eat contain some carbs no matter how small an amount.  Since I have no way to measure or remove them from my meat, I have no way to determine if my body truly "needs" these few carbs.  The best I can do is trust in nature and consume what nature provides in the least processed form possible.  If there is a renegade carb here and there then so be it.  My personal choice is to consume as few of them as possible.

Lex

Offline Raw Kyle

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2009, 03:34:36 am »
I wonder what might happen if someone went out of their way to remove all of the glycogen from the meat they eat and truly go zero carb.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk