Author Topic: What's your take on the Swine Flu hysteria promoted on the media?  (Read 8678 times)

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
What's your take on the Swine Flu hysteria promoted on the media?
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: What's your take on the Swine Flu hysteria promoted on the media?
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2009, 06:18:00 pm »
I just posted a recent aajonus circular on this subject(a bit controversial but interesting, anyway).

What I find ridiculous about these scares is that there are 6-7 billion people on the planet , so who cares if a few hundred or thousand die of flu or whatever. Heck, we ought to be cheering every time a natural disaster happens killing lots of people as that means more room available for the rest of us humans and other animals.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Opportunistic Carnivore
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2009, 07:42:23 pm »
I noticed shares have gone up in Australian antibiotics manafacturer by 80% today. There's a lot of money in to be made through this rubbish.

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/business/story/0,28124,25392045-20142,00.html

“Integrity has no need of rules.”

Albert Camus

Offline Raw Rob

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2009, 11:24:37 pm »
I read AV's email yesterday. I'm not sure how I feel about vaccines. I had so many different vaccines pumped into me while I was in the Marine Corps, I don't really like to think about it. I once had a series of Anthrax vaccinations. Later on I heard that the government had shut down the factory that was making the Anthrax vaccine because they kept failing inspections. That was nice to hear about.

Offline yon yonson

• Global Moderator
  • Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2009, 10:49:27 am »
Hey, so im thinking this swine flu stuff is a bit hyped up but i've got a question. my friend was telling me that viruses like this one kill younger and 'healthier' people because they have better immune systems. according to his logic, a good immune system over reacts to the virus which ultimately kills you (not the virus itself). anyways, i was just wondering what other people thought of this. it seems completely counter intuitive to me but i dont know much about biology. also, how do we factor into to the equation as RPDers? are we more susceptible?

ps: im just kinda curious about it, but still think it's all probably BS

Offline yon yonson

• Global Moderator
  • Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2009, 10:58:21 am »
also, just read a pretty interesting article (i love conspiracies!): http://www.naturalnews.com/026141.html

This, in particular, intrigued me: "Could world governments, spooked by the prospect of radical climate change caused by over-population of the planet, have assembled a super-secret task force to engineer and distribute a super virulent strain of influenza designed to "correct" the human population?"

kind of like what tyler was suggesting... wouldn't be that bad of an idea in my opinion (however bad it sounds to some, i think we need a LOT less people in the world)
« Last Edit: April 30, 2009, 11:38:10 am by yon yonson »

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2009, 01:02:49 pm »
also, just read a pretty interesting article (i love conspiracies!): http://www.naturalnews.com/026141.html

This, in particular, intrigued me: "Could world governments, spooked by the prospect of radical climate change caused by over-population of the planet, have assembled a super-secret task force to engineer and distribute a super virulent strain of influenza designed to "correct" the human population?"

kind of like what tyler was suggesting... wouldn't be that bad of an idea in my opinion (however bad it sounds to some, i think we need a LOT less people in the world)

"bad" is a point of view.  Who wants to volunteer first to be eliminated?  Who gets to be the judge and executioner on who the xx% should die?

Maybe we should keep RPD to ourselves...   -\

Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2009, 01:59:35 pm »
Cytokine storm I think it's called.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cytokine_storm

These cytokines cause depression as well.

Could it be that people with over active immune systems such as grain and dairy eaters will be hardest hit? not that this thing is gonna happen... keeps people scared and in debt.

I personally don't want the world population to be 'corrected' as I'm happy with the way things are but if I had kids I might think differently.

Albert Camus

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2009, 02:09:05 pm »
Just read that half a million people died of the Spanish flu in the USA in 1918-1919, most young healthy adults

pretty heavy

Albert Camus

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2009, 11:04:25 pm »
    AV http://www.superhumanradio.com/core/shr_archive.htm episode 20 298

I read AV's email yesterday. I'm not sure how I feel about vaccines. I had so many different vaccines pumped into me while I was in the Marine Corps, I don't really like to think about it. I once had a series of Anthrax vaccinations. Later on I heard that the government had shut down the factory that was making the Anthrax vaccine because they kept failing inspections. That was nice to hear about.

"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline Raw Rob

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2009, 11:56:28 pm »
This all makes sense.

The average age of those who died in the 1918 outbreak was 25-45. I came down with Ulcerative Colitis in February of 2008, after years of basically living off of processed grains. Ulcerative Colitis is when your immune system overreacts and starts attacking itself. The average age of those affected by Ulcerative Colitis or Chrone's etc., is the same as those who died in the Influenza outbreak of 1918. 

*Numbers may be somewhat different depending on different sources, but we all understand that it's younger adults in that range. 

Offline Raw Rob

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2009, 12:10:47 am »
Also, from the hardcore conspiracy theorist's point of view, overpopulation is a myth perpetuated by the global elite in order to push their agenda, which is a slow progression towards a one world government/police state.

I'm kind of agnostic about the issue, but as far as land mass and population goes, there's plenty of room. It's the government management of populations that's the problem. Because of corruption and a myriad of other aspects of government, people will will always suffer in different parts of the world. There's plenty of food for everyone, but according to economic justifications, we can't just give it out to everyone.

Offline Raw Kyle

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2009, 01:21:58 am »
Hey Rob, I agree about being Agnostic with conspiracy theories. They make a lot of sense usually, but just like with religion and other declarative statements as time goes on and the doomsday scenario they foretell doesn't happen, things start to look make believe.

The definition of conspiracy though is not a cooky word:

1. the act of conspiring.
2. an evil, unlawful, treacherous, or surreptitious plan formulated in secret by two or more persons; plot.
3. a combination of persons for a secret, unlawful, or evil purpose: He joined the conspiracy to overthrow the government. 
4. Law. an agreement by two or more persons to commit a crime, fraud, or other wrongful act.
5. any concurrence in action; combination in bringing about a given result.

Offline Raw Rob

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2009, 03:13:21 am »
I know, it's a very frustrating/funny word because the very mention of it automatically dismisses the theory that you are talking about, even though the actual definition of it is objective.

Whenever it was brought up in my history or political science classes, the professor would say, "Oh we're not going to get into any of these conspiracy theories." It was such an easy way for them to dismiss something and not talk about it. Ironically, if there was any validity to whatever theory was mentioned, the professor just became one of the conspirators. 

Offline yon yonson

• Global Moderator
  • Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2009, 03:35:38 am »
Also, from the hardcore conspiracy theorist's point of view, overpopulation is a myth perpetuated by the global elite in order to push their agenda, which is a slow progression towards a one world government/police state.

I'm kind of agnostic about the issue, but as far as land mass and population goes, there's plenty of room. It's the government management of populations that's the problem. Because of corruption and a myriad of other aspects of government, people will will always suffer in different parts of the world. There's plenty of food for everyone, but according to economic justifications, we can't just give it out to everyone.

I think this might be true if everyone were eating the current SAD diet. lots of grains and little animal sourced foods. If we were all eating paleolithic diets, i think it's unreasonable to think that the world could sustain us all.

Offline Raw Rob

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2009, 03:53:08 am »
I think this might be true if everyone were eating the current SAD diet. lots of grains and little animal sourced foods. If we were all eating paleolithic diets, i think it's unreasonable to think that the world could sustain us all.

I know. Everyone is eating the SAD diet, and I'm sure they always will. I mean, they've been eating it since recorded history.

If everyone ate like us, the world would be totally different. Major corporations wouldn't exist. Almost every major corporation has everything riding on people buying from the inner aisles of the grocery stores, cosmetics, pharmaceuticals, etc.

We RPDers are in a world of our own.

Offline Raw Rob

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2009, 04:05:40 am »
Also, if humans had stuck to RPD in the first place, the world wouldn't be like this. (population, corporations, etc.) So, it's kind of pointless to talk about.

Offline yon yonson

• Global Moderator
  • Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2009, 06:17:19 am »
true enough. man, i wish i lived in paleo times....

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2009, 07:35:53 am »
A lot of illnesses hit people in their early 20's especially things like mental disorders, MS, IBS, colitus etc their immune systems start going crazy and attack their own body.

Albert Camus

Offline Raw Kyle

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2009, 07:40:58 am »
A lot of illnesses hit people in their early 20's especially things like mental disorders, MS, IBS, colitus etc their immune systems start going crazy and attack their own body.

Yes I've noticed this. It's completely anecdotal but I've seen that a lot of people start to get chronic health problems in young adulthood. And if they make it out of there without getting them, they are usually relatively healthy until at least their 50's.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk