Author Topic: raw eggs and cholesterol  (Read 8397 times)

Offline Haida

• Forager
    • View Profile
raw eggs and cholesterol
« on: April 30, 2009, 06:51:05 am »
I try not to take to heart the comments my MIL says about my diet. She said that feeding my 3yr old raw eggs will give my daughter high cholesterol. I thought this was a funny comment, but I dont know the facts, does anyone here know? She said I should remove the little white piece on the yolk before eating it.

Thanks
Haida

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
Re: raw eggs and cholesterol
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2009, 07:08:10 am »
The concept that fats or cholesterol cause heart diseases is a myth that needs thorough debunking. 
http://www.ravnskov.nu/cholesterol.htm

We're always in search of the yummiest, most nutritious raw fats in this forum.

My kids eat a raw fertilized egg when we have them.

I'm having 3 raw duck eggs this breakfast after a short rest with my high vitamin c fruits (papaya, indian mango, guava) because I'm on my way to meet a client.

Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2009, 03:44:08 pm »
    I grew up eating eggs only for breakfast.  Cereal was a very occasional treat, milk I couldn't keep down so that was out, and we never had juice at breakfast, or soda or coffee ever.  So, on an almost 100% whole egg breakfast regularly, I was very thin and I did have my cholesterol checked back then, it was never anything but low.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline Haida

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2009, 01:39:52 am »
I figured as much, just checking.
So RawZi, did you have milk intolerance. Do you drink raw milk now?

Haida

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2009, 02:36:59 am »
    I have at times had a physical milk intolerance.  The idea of milk then repulsed me.  I stayed away from it for years.  I never liked it very much anyway.  Presently I drink raw cow milk occasionally, and even less often goat.  I culture first just about every time.  I did get a little gas on my first sip of uncultured cow milk last time (but it was cold from the fridge).  The only real problem I have with raw milk, is it's so damned hard to get. 
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline Haida

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2009, 08:07:10 pm »
I hear that. Still trying to get my hands on some.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2009, 02:29:37 am »
I try not to take to heart the comments my MIL says about my diet. She said that feeding my 3yr old raw eggs will give my daughter high cholesterol. I thought this was a funny comment, but I dont know the facts, does anyone here know? She said I should remove the little white piece on the yolk before eating it.

Thanks
Haida

Get rid of the egg-white, IMO, if you can't get hold of fertilised, raw eggs and only have unfertilised eggs available.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2009, 04:58:20 pm by TylerDurden »
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2009, 06:08:15 am »
because of the germs?  the age of the child?  the avidin?  something to do with cholesterol?  a feeling?

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2009, 04:58:09 pm »
Well, fertilised eggs have far lower levels of avidin in them.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Haida

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2009, 02:36:38 am »
Luckily our farm fresh eggs tend to be mostly fertilized.

JaX

« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2009, 04:07:53 am »
I'm gonna ask again, how can you tell if eggs are fertilized? Will there be blood in them? Will the egg yolk be in the middle of a division in to two?

Haida when you mention "farm fresh eggs" do you mean from your own farm, or the commercial variety in the US sold as "farm fresh eggs"?. I have noticed in some US supermarket chains that there are egg packages labeled "farm fresh eggs" and the eggs look really dirty with mud and feathers on.. Interestingly, I haven't seen these at Whole Foods or other coops who sell certified organic eggs (those always look identical to one another).

Th "farm fresh" eggs I have seen aren't certified organic or anything and probably from 100% grainfed chicken.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2009, 04:16:49 am »
I get very dirty goose eggs which have been mostly pasture-raised but also fed some grains. It's vitually impossible to get hold of birds' eggs without them being fed on some grains as the grains help bulk up the bird and increase the amounts of eggs laid.

I've never had a fertilised egg as it's virtually unheard of in the UK. I have heard that there are signs of blood/redness within it, due to the embryo. In the far east, they also have balut(usually preboiled, but not always) where the chick is almost fully-grown within the egg.
" Ron Paul.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2009, 05:54:47 am »
In my experience with fertilized eggs, some of them will have a tiny hint / bit of blood if it has been sat on for a few days, and no hint of blood if absolutely fresh.

It's a trust thing between you and your organic farmer.  You can visit his farm and see if there is a male bird that impregnates the female birds.

When we used to have chickens and ducks in our own yard, we were sure their eggs were fertilized and we never once fed them "feeds".  They ate our fruit and vegetable peelings, some fish entrails and they fed on the worms, insects, grass, herbs and other things they could forage on our yard.

I'm currently coaching a man with liver cancer / cirrhosis and last week he was consuming 20 raw egg yolks a day.  The raw egg liver detox and nutrition part seems to be working.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline Haida

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2009, 01:56:13 am »
Haida when you mention "farm fresh eggs" do you mean from your own farm, or the commercial variety in the US sold as "farm fresh eggs"?. I have noticed in some US supermarket chains that there are egg packages labeled "farm fresh eggs" and the eggs look really dirty with mud and feathers on.. Interestingly, I haven't seen these at Whole Foods or other coops who sell certified organic eggs (those always look identical to one another).

Farm Fresh Eggs I get from a local farmer.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk