Poll

What's your blood type?

A
B
O
AB

Author Topic: What's your blood type?  (Read 4104 times)

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
What's your blood type?
« on: May 11, 2009, 10:33:07 am »
Blood type diet is at http://www.dadamo.com/

I'm wondering of the blood type diet and observations of D'Adamo apply to raw paleo dieters.

For starters, my blood type is B.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline lex_rooker

• Trailblazer
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: What's your blood type?
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2009, 12:32:18 pm »
I read this book years ago and found it made zero difference in either my health or my wife's.  Mostly marketing hype to sell his diet products as far as I'm concerned.  I found the same with Dr. Barry Sears and his Zone diet.  I even called Dr. Sears several times to discuss his findings and my personal observations when following his protocols.  His didn't hold water either.  Both theories turn out to be very leaky boats when you go deep inside and thoroughly examine the hull.

Lex

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2009, 01:43:54 pm »
Maybe it's coincidental but my 2nd boy is absolutely allergic to all forms of the chicken species whether cooked or raw, egg or grown chicken, even if organic home raised and home fed ourselves.  But give my boy duck and he has no problems with duck whether cooked or raw.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline Carnál

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2009, 04:41:22 pm »
    I suspect the theory may be inverse, as the diet was written by a cooked eater based on observations of cooked eaters.   

Offline Guittarman03

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2009, 07:18:02 am »
A, B, and AB blood types are neolithic, recent developments in our evolution, and you should be banned from the forum.

No just kidding.  But seriously tho, A came about 20kya, B was 10kya, and AB 1500ya, all suspected results of farming and modern diet.   

I wouldn't be suprised if this held some water regarding cooked eaters (prob not so much raw), as I do know blood types influence the type of antibodies we have.  Those that eat cooked food have to produce a MUCH larger amt of antibodies to deal with its toxic effects. 

Since this mutation occurred probably b/c of farming, then perhaps those A, B, AB types can tolerate a few more carbs than type O.  And since farming is in their past, I would suspect at least a couple other mutations to make plant materials more useful and less harmful. 

My guess is the difference between the diet of various blood types for RPers (if any) is very minor - 20k years isn't that long.     

When you consume an organism it loses individuality, but its biological life never ends.  Digestion is merely a transfer of its life to mine.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2009, 09:13:19 pm »
I read a recent daily telegraph article in which d'adamo changed his tune and is now recommending a somewhat altered, less extreme variation of his former blood-type diet.

Anyway, it's just nonsense as it takes much longer to adapt to radically different foods(some geneticists claim 1 million years is needed and that does seem true as it takaes a very long time for wild animals to change their diets till they are fully adapted to the new diet, gene-wise).
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2009, 12:11:01 pm »
    The durianrider says he has type O blood and I believe he's telling the truth about that.  He harps on how he eats almost all carbs and it's right for everybody to eat more and more carbs.  Yes O has a problem with potatoes, beans and wheat, but not carbs, it's cooked.  I know plenty of people of the three "newest" blood types that do better very low carb high protein high fat.
Since this mutation occurred probably b/c of farming, then perhaps those A, B, AB types can tolerate a few more carbs than type O.  And since farming is in their past, I would suspect at least a couple other mutations to make plant materials more useful and less harmful.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline Guittarman03

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2009, 09:03:14 am »
All those carbs by your type O buddy is probably harmful in the long run, despite the bragging.  I would venture to say that the ideal diet for all humans consists of low carb meat eating regardless of blood type - I wasn't saying more carbs for A B (or potentially just grains, potatoes, beans, etc) was more ideal for them, just maybe less harmful. Again tho, this is probably mostly non sequitur as A B blood types are recent developments.
When you consume an organism it loses individuality, but its biological life never ends.  Digestion is merely a transfer of its life to mine.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk