Author Topic: DUCK  (Read 5221 times)

Offline fishercat

• Forager
    • View Profile
DUCK
« on: May 31, 2009, 04:05:59 pm »
Is there something bad about it? It's very appetizing raw and incredibly delicious, but I don't know many people who eat it and I can only find it in Asian markets.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: DUCK
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2009, 06:17:41 pm »
Is there something bad about it? It's very appetizing raw and incredibly delicious, but I don't know many people who eat it and I can only find it in Asian markets.

Most duck is intensively-farmed and extremely unhealthy, being grainfed etc. I've even heard claims that ducks are routienly treated worse than chickens. Organic duck isn't that good either as most such ducks are fed on 100% grain-diets - I've bought organic duck a few times in the past and the taste/smell was pretty foul. On the other hand, I've many, many times tried wild mallard duck and the taste was absolutely fantastic - wild ducks, after all, have access to small insects/worms etc. which make their nutrient-profile far better and healthier for you than commercially-raised ducks.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2009, 09:15:31 pm »

Last year we took care of ducks, hatched their eggs in our garden and grew up in our garden on our organic fruit and organic vegetable peelings.

I ate some raw, and the kids ate some roasted.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline Josh

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2009, 07:27:15 pm »
What does it taste like? For some reason eating raw poultry squicks me out, whereas beef and seafood seemed natural.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2009, 09:00:24 pm »
What does it taste like? For some reason eating raw poultry squicks me out, whereas beef and seafood seemed natural.

Ducks are all red meat.  Chicken has red and white meat.  On the chicken I like the raw white meat.
As to preference, ducks and chickens are meats I do not crave for.
They are the last on my list.

Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2009, 12:37:32 am »
Ducks are all red meat.  Chicken has red and white meat.  On the chicken I like the raw white meat.

I would disagree with you. Fowl is always referred to as "white meat". And the grainfed, raw duck/fowl etc. I've tasted was definitely white flesh everywhere. Now wild mallard duck is definitely dark red in colour and is red meat. Perhaps you fed your ducks so well that they were partially red-meat. Since ducks are omnivores, perhaps worms/insects for cosnumtpion as well as all that fruit peel might help as well for the ducks.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2009, 06:46:39 am »
Maybe there werent enough insects in our garden?
They hunted insects all day long.
They were colored all white, the ducks chinese use for Peking duck.

Offline invisible

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2009, 07:23:48 am »
Red meat refers to the meat from a mammal. The specific colour is actually not important to whether it is 'red' meat or not.

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2009, 07:47:00 am »

I've eaten dark red raw duck meat.  My cats devour it too.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk