Author Topic: Eating chicken bones  (Read 3046 times)

Offline Fenrir

• Trapper
    • View Profile
Eating chicken bones
« on: April 26, 2024, 04:44:32 am »
Seems pretty quiet around here, i ate a whole chicken leg quarter bone raw with the rest of the cut yesterday and it made me think of this place. I am getting great regenerative pasture raised chickens from a local farmer, havent eaten chicken much until more recently.

I have attempted to crunch raw chicken bones with my teeth before and it always seemed like they were too hard but this time it just happened i went to crunch the end and it was not too much effort so i kept going and pretty much ate the whole thing. It felt really nice when i did i yesterday but today it has felt like im still digesting it all day i can feel it in my stomach so i will likely go easy on the quantity. The chicken skin/meat is awesome but i think my stomach needs to work up to the bones.

It seems like a good food to include though i would think may be unnecessary to eat every day, i have struggled with sourcing since moving to a new town and have been eating mostly raw beef muscle and pasteurized heavy cream/cream cheese. Obviously not optimal and i realized yesterday i felt very deeply hungry and need to pursue the consumption of more whole animals once more. More organs and sinew/cartilage and other parts. Hoping i can find  good place to process local goats or sheep, goats seem readily available but no one seems to want me processing on their land.

Offline Fenrir

• Trapper
    • View Profile
Re: Eating chicken bones
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2024, 09:08:37 pm »
Not that i think anyone is rushing to follow in my footsteps here, but i will say i have not been eating chicken bones in any regularity since this. Occasionally i do like to eat the ends off, i do love to eat the cartilage from between bones! But most bone has not been appealing listening to my stomach since this time, i think small bits are good but i dont know we are meant to be eating a ton of it the way a dog would.

Offline dariorpl

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Eating chicken bones
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2024, 04:23:22 am »
It depends on how strong your teeth are. This is a double edged sword, biting on bones can damage your teeth, but the marrow and soft bone can heal them.

Ideally you would find a way to eat these without putting your teeth under major stress.

I think we should aim to utilize as much of the animal as possible. It's more ecological, it's more economical, and it's more healthy.
We now live in a world where medicine destroys health, law destroys justice, education destroys knowledge, government destroys order, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and banking destroys the economy

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk