Author Topic: Mobile/cell phone to track what you eat/the cost/misc other things...?  (Read 2785 times)

Offline SuperInfinity

• Deer Hunter
    • View Profile

Wouldn't this be a great idea? (we use the term "mobile" in europe, not "cell").

This way you could have an awesome "eating history" of everything you ate and could also track nutrients etc. You could also input things like exercise, body weight, sleeping hours into it, and the supplements you took. You could then collate much of the data for interesting statistics and trends and send it to your computer/email etc. for long term storage. There are exciting possibilities, if you want you can be totally obsessive about it, you can have supplements vs hair mineral tests and have the exact time recorded and make charts on time eaten recorded... but it's certainly not obsessive to watch out for where your money is going!!! (raw food-wise or not, money is connected with raw-food anyway so still on topic).

Obviously no other application out there has something like that with regard to food, I know that without even checking. I'm afraid "there's an app for that" doesn't work with things as mundane and boring as your health. l) (well, maybe there are spending money apps or limited nutrition apps separate, I bet they have quite limited flexibility). You could have reminders on your phone telling you to remember to do this or that... you could have a hotlist of your weaknesses or the times you felt bad because of what you ate, like after taking lots of peanuts... the possibilities are endless!!!

I'm not a programmer or anything but I think Java is about the easiest language out there and for me there's no point in doing anything fancy on the phone itself, it can just have a streamlined input of data with text-driven menus and you can create your charts in Excel or something afterwards. If you have enough computing skills to hack together a webpage, I'm sure you could do this. I have a Nokia phone and I've downloaded the Netbeans and Java ME IDEs at:

http://cds-esd.sun.com/ESD7/JSCDL/jdk-nb/6u14-6.7/jdk-6u14-nb-6_7-windows-ml.exe?AuthParam=1249504519_6b54aa3a803c692949ae2f64757b5836&TicketId=nod1BFsQQXN6k%2BMulUWfWZeecQ%3D%3D&GroupName=CDS&FilePath=/ESD7/JSCDL/jdk-nb/6u14-6.7/jdk-6u14-nb-6_7-windows-ml.exe&File=jdk-6u14-nb-6_7-windows-ml.exe

And the software development kit (for emulating/testing) is here: http://java.sun.com/javame/downloads/sdk30.jsp

That should be all you really need. Don't count on me doing it for you or anything though in the next while...

I was thinking today if only somehow what I purchased at the checkout also got scanned into my records and then I could "click" them afterwards at the time I ate them (if indeed I did eat them)... that would make it so much easier still.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2009, 08:44:58 am by SuperInfinity »

Offline invisible

• Elder
    • View Profile

Offline SuperInfinity

• Deer Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Mobile/cell phone to track what you eat/the cost/misc other things...?
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2009, 06:00:31 am »
Sure, I guess maybe not if you're completely retarded.

Offline Raw Kyle

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Mobile/cell phone to track what you eat/the cost/misc other things...?
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2009, 08:54:57 am »
Sure, I guess maybe not if you're completely retarded.

Oh snap!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk