Author Topic: Purchasing from farms  (Read 3457 times)

Offline invisible

• Elder
    • View Profile
Purchasing from farms
« on: August 30, 2009, 04:48:03 pm »
I have talked to someone form a farm and am looking to place an order. They can supply me with grass fed suet, marrow bones and organ meats which is what I'm looking for, but I'm not sure about the quantity I should order? How many kilograms of suet would you use per month, and how much do you order from the farmers each time?

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: Purchasing from farms
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2009, 08:29:38 pm »
I have talked to someone form a farm and am looking to place an order. They can supply me with grass fed suet, marrow bones and organ meats which is what I'm looking for, but I'm not sure about the quantity I should order? How many kilograms of suet would you use per month, and how much do you order from the farmers each time?

I generally prefer to buy 5kg of raw suet at a time. As for how long it lasts, that all depends on whether the suet is of high quality re taste as if it tastes good, I could go through a lot more each day.

My suggestion is simply that you evaluate roughly how much you eat per day and then buy enough food for 6 weeks, freezing perhaps 2/3 of the stuff.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline invisible

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2009, 08:47:32 pm »
how much calories in 100 grams of suet?

Edit: apparantly this

Water content (grams per 100g) 4
Calorie content of Food (kcals per 100g/3.5oz) 854

I guess if I was to eat nothing but suet 1kg would last about 4 -5 days. Id probably eat about 100 grams of suet a day and 600-700 grams of 90/10 ground beef. Once a week maybe having an organ meat instead of the ground beef.

6 weeks woth probably a good amount as well I think. I don't know how much freezer space it will need but i don't think that much 20 litres max?
« Last Edit: August 30, 2009, 08:55:48 pm by invisible »

Offline invisible

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2009, 10:38:25 am »
my freezer is in the garage...there is a bit of a petrol smell in the garage but inside the freezer it should be ok correct?

Offline ddddyyyy

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2009, 05:03:05 pm »
Hi all,

I hope everyone is doing good. Helpfulness and caring.Yes, I think so.
Don't make too much noise while you eat.'After you' is good manners.

chanel bags true religion wholesale PPR fittings plastic mould cheap purses replica coach handbags

William

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2009, 12:56:41 am »
Here's my last order from the farmer:
70 lb. ground beef and muscle chunks
42 lb. beef fat (hide)
5.3 lb. two beef tongue
4.8 lb. beef liver

This fillled maybe 2/3 or 3/4 of my 10 Cu. ft. freezer, and is about 6 weeks worth of frozen food.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk