Author Topic: How can I stop feeling so anxious and relieve caregiver stress?  (Read 5875 times)

Offline thomaskristine

• Forager
    • View Profile
How can I stop feeling so anxious and relieve caregiver stress?
« on: September 07, 2009, 08:09:11 pm »
I have been a caregiver for my parents for the last four years. They live in an assisted living facility and have a 24/7 aide, and I visit them at least once a week and talk to them on the phone quite often as well.

At least three or four times recently, I have felt burnout very badly, enough that it was difficult to function at all during these few days.

When I try to get together documents needed, for instance, for Medicaid planning, I just can't place them, and have to search and search until I finally find most (but not all) of the documents required. I get so anxious and I just can't think properly due to feeling totally overwhelmed at times. When I feel this way, I feel like my brain is not working properly at all. And, the burnout has caused me needless days of depression when I don't leave my house.

Have any caregivers at this site had similar experiences as a caregiver who gets so anxious that their memory fails them?

I had asked the same question in How can I stop feeling so anxious and relieve caregiver stre but I am looking for more suggestions before I make a hasty decision and regret later.

Please advise.

Krisitne

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: How can I stop feeling so anxious and relieve caregiver stress?
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2009, 04:14:03 am »
Well, it does sound as though you're sufferine from soem glandular disorder(thyroid or adrenal). it would be best, IMO, to take a freeze-dried adrenal and thyroid supplement. Dr Ron's website  is the only one I really know of, which sells such.

(I'm not a caregiver as such, admittedly, but I'm sure there are some on this forum).
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline SkinnyDevil

• Chief
  • "...embrace your fear..."
    • View Profile
    • Skinny Devil Music Lab
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2009, 04:48:36 am »
Thomas,

Are you a raw foodist who as chosen a raw paleo diet or lifestyle?
-
--
David M. McLean
Skinny Devil Music Lab
http://www.skinnydevil.com

Offline PrePang

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2009, 02:33:22 pm »
                 It does complete as admitting you're sufferine from soem glandular disorder. it would be best, IMO, to yield a freeze-dried adrenal and thyroid supplement. Dr Ron's website is the alone one I absolutely apperceive of, which sells such.

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2009, 03:15:20 pm »
   Hi Kristine,

The link in here needs to be updated: http://cavemanforum.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=00441fc5d28d6b751fd2440dd7d72e84&action=profile;u=818;sa=showPosts

I have not cared for someone with Alzheimers.  I have cared for end of life, parents, etc 24/7 without a decent aide.  That's why I started eating RAF.  I was needed, as I had no siblings that could help, and too high other stresses too.

I didn't just add RAF, rather I completely switched from my previous for health diet to 100% Raw Primal, very high fat.

Prior to that I did have some depression and anxiety.  Eating this way, I had the incredible amount of calm and energy I needed.    

Contact me here, first on forum (private message preferably) if you want to talk.

Hugs,
RawZi

« Last Edit: September 23, 2009, 03:21:06 pm by RawZi »
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline RawpaleoHealthdiet

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2009, 08:06:04 am »
ELIMINATE all sugar. Sugar causes your body to stress your adrenals  giving you stress hormones. Your body is in a stress pattern though so I drinking Perrier water and using raw butter is needed to lower adrenaline level. Eating raw fish is said to help people relax.

Toxins can irritate nerves and malnutrition can cause your body to emit adrenaline and other excessive hormones to compensate for lack of energy. we do this ourselves by drinking coffee. eating a lot of raw fat and espeically raw eggs and raw butter produce a strong calming effect that is deeply energizing and detoxing.

There is a herbal remedy called serendin i will be selling on my blog soon its at jbni.us. it will be 3 or 4 dallors less on my blog.
Serendin is an ancient Taoist grounding  formula designed to give you serenity. it also aids in the detoxing of some toxins that may be irritating your body chemistry.

I find it tastier to pig out on lots of meat than even touch rice bread etc.
Twitter.com/healthdiets

My blog
http://freedomforcreation.posterous.com/

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk