Author Topic: Burning Protein/Flushing Amino  (Read 6369 times)

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Burning Protein/Flushing Amino
« on: September 17, 2009, 08:13:30 pm »
Do you guys find that you need to pee+drink a lot when you start some intense exercise(If you have had meat any time beforehand, even hours before - the more quantity/most recently I'd had meat the more I would need to pee)? I wasn't sure if it was just the body flushing the amino acids because they just get in the way/damage you if they're not being used; or if it was the NH3 because I was burning protein or something. I was thinking the former. I know that if I don't accept my body's urges to drink and flush I get muscle cramps.

Also, I have found very limited sources which say that, amongst the sub-cutaneous adipose(to store fat), there is also collagen which stores protein. Although most sources claim that protein can't be stored in the body, they would also say that there should be a constant flow of slow-release carbohydrates and that burning stored fat is only an emergency response and is bad.

Does anyone know more about this?
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

Offline Neone

• Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Burning Protein/Flushing Amino
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2009, 02:41:49 am »
I figured that you have to piss after eating a lot of meat beause its what, 80% water or something like that?
That's not paleo.

Offline DeadRamones

• Bear Hunter
  • My boy eating!
    • View Profile
    • Acumen Athletics
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2009, 02:19:28 am »
I might have an article saved in the depths of my computer that links more protein intake with frequent urinating. If I find, I'll post. Also might just be what Neone posted.

Offline redfulcrum

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2010, 10:46:56 am »
If you eat too much lean meat at one time, you will create too much amino acids in the blood.  Then you'll get thirsty and which makes you piss a lot.  It's kind of hard to do it eating real meat because you get tired of eating lean meat.  But if you really want to test it, down about 500g of whey protein.  Your breath will smell like ammonia, your kidneys will hurt, and your gonna get thirsty to remove or dilute all that ammonia and urea.  If you keep on eating in that manner, you'll end up getting acidosis.  I went thru all this when I was just getting into zero carb.  You'll end up getting rabbit starvation.  Not a pretty place to be. 
Opening Pandora's boxes, one box at a time.

Offline Neone

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2010, 09:27:54 pm »
What is 'too much' lean meat?

That's not paleo.

William

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2010, 11:25:47 pm »

(popcorn-eating smiley)

Offline redfulcrum

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2010, 01:11:48 am »
Try eating 5 lbs. of chicken breast at one time.  It's really hard to do.  You will feel sick. 

Offline Hannibal

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2010, 03:48:27 pm »
There's no need to eat over 2 lbs. of lean meat a day.
Do you blame vultures for the carcass they eat?
Livin' off the raw grass fat of the land

Offline Neone

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2010, 09:51:16 pm »
I guess that I have always done a (not retarded) instincto diet.  When i first went on this diet i was trying to figure out ratios and fats and proteins and all that crap.   When i just started eating what i felt like my health improved.  Sometimes i feel like i need fat, so i eat it, same goes for protein and organs..  ever found yourself having an idea like 'i need some liver' pop into your head?  i just listen to that.. 

The only time that i think you would ever eat 5lb of lean meat in a sitting is if thats all there was.. I think that if you have eaten 5lb of lean meat its probably because you're measuring out and telling yourself you have to eat it, kind of overwriting your instinct.  I think you're better off in the long run trying to develop instinct, rather than using your 'intelligence'.
That's not paleo.

Offline redfulcrum

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2010, 02:50:41 am »
I know there's no point.  I think everyone should approach their upper protein limit to know what signs and symptoms you will get after too much protein.  At least once.  That way you don't get freaked out when it comes because you're oblivious of it like I was.  That's what happened to me when I first started ZC.  It was awesome, no hunger and losing weight really fast.  I didn't realize how lean most cuts of meat are at the market.  I kept eating and the weight kept coming off.  When I got really lean, I started getting delirious.  Thank God, I found an article on rabbit starvation, I could have died back then.  I think I was literally 3% body fat.  I did look nice in the mirror though, shredded with veins everywhere. 

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2010, 04:11:58 am »
too bad you didn't measure your blood sugar levels though out the day.  I would have loved to see the results.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk