Author Topic: hyper awareness, paranoia, agression  (Read 8519 times)

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
hyper awareness, paranoia, agression
« on: October 16, 2009, 03:55:00 am »
ive always had these personal traits to a varying degree but most often more aware of my surroundings, hypersensitive to noise, color and movement, slightly paranoid and extremely aggressive compared to others. also weird because i am a female and have been this way since i was just a little wildebeast!

however i have notived an increase in these that seems to coincide with my comsumption of raw meats. 

i eat elk and salmon, sometimes buffalo (if im cooking it at work)
maybe too much elk?

i remember discussing with someone that the feelings that an animal experiences at death are carried over into the muscles via different hormone and other chemicals releases into the body at that point....
anyone know anything about that?

definitely wont stop or slow my comsumption just something i have recognized lately...... >:

Offline Josh

• Chief
    • View Profile
Re: hyper awareness, paranoia, agression
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2009, 04:28:51 am »
Myself and phatdave have also noticed this. I don't know why exactly. I think it might be to do with mineral deficiencies while your body adjusts to the new diet. Are you trying to eat low carb out of interest?

hypersensitive to noise, color and movement, slightly paranoid and extremely aggressive
That describes me to a t. I mean I'm very nice and tolerant with people but that's my mental structure!

I think histamine maybe have something to do with it, minerals maybe have something to do with it and same with dopamine. How it's all connected I don't know.

Offline Roselene

• Deer Hunter
    • View Profile
    • I like We Want 2 Live.
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2009, 05:49:23 am »
    Switch to raw white fish and raw chicken.  They're calming in my experience.

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2009, 11:15:42 am »
i am allergic to most grains but i dont do very well without carbs
i eat foraged or my own home grown fruit for breakfast(mostly apples, berries, tomatoes), lunch of meat and raw root veggies/peas with yummy meaty dinner
i also eat like a fucking pound or more of greens, i am addicted to romaine lettuce, with super drippy opiumy latex stuff that is in the heart and too much spirulina/seaweeds

im allergic to milk and eggs too so i feel laking for options/diversity, i havent tried raw chicken because it grosses me out more then "high meat" or roadkill (which dont actually gross me out that much)

ill have to start eating more white fish

i also have been thinking about colors and chakras/auras
orange and red and root and sacral colors and they have to do with more primal and instinctual needs and urges and also sexuality(which may be aggressive tendencies as well)
i have been thinking maybe i am consuming too much of this color???
white can be the crown chakra so maybe that would be good to feed that part of the spectrum

i dont know sometimes i get a little bummed when my brain is working well because this universe is extremely dynamic...makes me want to eat popcorn and dull my neurotransmitters lol

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2009, 12:48:48 pm »
wondering if you're eating enough fat.  It took me a while to give up the routine of eating carbs for my first meal.  Everyone has their own path, but it seemed with me that whatever the source of carbs, it destabalized my blood sugar.  For when we wake up, it can be quite low, and then to eat fruit would spike it.  The difference of substituting protein and fat for fruit for the first meal revealed itself over time, as a more calming way to start my day.  For many of us, we do best keeping blood sugar extremely even thoughout the day, thus reducing the number of insulin spikes.  Eating large amounts of protein/meat without fat will cause similar spikes of insulin/blood sugar increases.  And all of us have different abuse historys to our systems, making some of us more insulin resistent. 

Offline H.fructus

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2009, 12:57:10 pm »
"extremely aggressive compared to others. also weird because i am a female and have been this way since i was just a little wildebeast!..however i have notived an increase in these that seems to coincide with my comsumption of raw meats...i eat elk and salmon, sometimes buffalo (if im cooking it at work)
maybe too much elk?"

I noticed feeling more relaxed and blood pressure dropped 10 points by replacing fish with fruit too.

"J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2007 Jun;92(6):2208.
Stress responsiveness in adult life: influence of mother's diet in late pregnancy.
Men and women whose mothers ate high-protein, low-carbohydrate diet in late pregnancy have raised blood pressure and plasma cortisol.
..advised to eat 1 pound of red meat daily during pregnancy and avoid carbohydrate-rich food..offspring of women who reported greater meat and fish consumption in the second half of pregnancy had cortisol concentrations raised by 22%"
J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2003 Aug;88(8):3554.
Maternal consumption of a high-meat, low-carbohydrate diet in late pregnancy: relation to adult cortisol concentrations in the offspring.
..high-protein diets stimulate the hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal axis..excess cortisol and programming lifelong hypersecretion of cortisol.
cortisol concentrations increased 5.4% per portion of maternal meat/fish consumption per day (P = 0.03), decreased 3.3% per portion of green vegetable consumption per week

"i remember discussing with someone that the feelings that an animal experiences at death are carried over into the muscles via different hormone and other chemicals releases into the body at that point....
anyone know anything about that?"

Even though you may already produce enough testosterone, you're also consuming it in meat.

"definitely wont stop or slow my comsumption just something i have recognized lately...... "

You're definately not paranoid about 'paranoia' then...

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2009, 05:30:45 pm »
I noticed feeling more relaxed and blood pressure dropped 10 points by replacing fish with fruit too.

J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2003 Aug;88(8):3554.
Maternal consumption of a high-meat, low-carbohydrate diet in late pregnancy: relation to adult cortisol concentrations in the offspring.
..high-protein diets stimulate the hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal axis..excess cortisol and programming lifelong hypersecretion of cortisol.
cortisol concentrations increased 5.4% per portion of maternal meat/fish consumption per day (P = 0.03), decreased 3.3% per portion of green vegetable consumption per week

"i remember discussing with someone that the feelings that an animal experiences at death are carried over into the muscles via different hormone and other chemicals releases into the body at that point....
anyone know anything about that?"

Even though you may already produce enough testosterone, you're also consuming it in meat.

You're definately not paranoid about 'paranoia' then...

Fructus, I don't see you in the welcoming thread.  What do you eat?

ive always had these personal traits to a varying degree but most often more aware of my surroundings, hypersensitive to noise, color and ...

however i have notived an increase in these that seems to coincide with my comsumption of raw meats. 

i eat elk and salmon, sometimes buffalo (if im cooking it at work)
maybe too much elk?

i remember discussing with someone that the feelings that an animal experiences at death are carried over into the muscles via different hormone and other chemicals releases into the body at that point....
anyone know anything about that?

I've never tried elk.  Deer and beef make me ill, just the taste!  Even slightly cooked buffalo too.  Raw buffalo fares fairly well with me, salmon about the same, but the fish grease doesn't work as well for my body as the fat from the grass fed red meats.  The best for my health, mind and body?  I don't know why, but raw real free range chicken feels the best, seconded by some other raw white meats.  I think AV says white meat nourishes the nervous system and glandular systems.  I know cooked white meat makes me sick, but the raw is perfect for me, so far. 

"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2009, 05:30:56 pm »
The above study focused on cooked meat, Naturally, cooked meat would be more harmful than cooked veg. Raw meat on the other hand would be better.

Re animals/adrenaline:- I've heard that claim, but AFAIK, it's only a problem if the animal is tortured for long periods before slaughter. If the animal is quickly killed(as in all modern abattoirs), then there shouldn't be an issue.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline H.fructus

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2009, 01:05:25 am »
J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2003 Aug;88(:3554.

Fructus, I don't see you in the welcoming thread.  What do you eat?

I didn't know there was a welcoming thread. I eat mainly organic fruit, leafy greens and sprouts (Miocene diet). Paleo dieters tend to find it boring/unpopular.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2009, 08:39:44 am »

I didn't know there was a welcoming thread. I eat mainly organic fruit, leafy greens and sprouts (Miocene diet). Paleo dieters tend to find it boring/unpopular.

Vegan, if you troll, I will ban you. :)

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2009, 07:25:24 pm »

Check out the child boards, that's where we all start, as I did back almost a year ago.

What's Miocene?  Is there a book you started with?  What does the word mean? 

I've been organic raw sproutarian.  I can make better raw sprout loaf, sprout dressing, etc than anybody.  I digest raw meat much better.  With raw meat I get a strong kind of sensitive, so eye opening.  With sproutarianism I get hypersensitive, my skin turns bright orange color, and I get what the professional sprout directors call blood poisoning.  I do find that a bit boring and unpopular, or some other negative, as you've said.

Organic RAF helps my immune system know what's me, and helps my liver know how to deal with everything.  It's a more interesting diet than Miocene in that manner.   
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2009, 07:45:55 pm »
You mean this?
One diet might have been eaten in the Miocene era, 4 to 7 million years ago. At that time, the range of foods eaten by our human ancestors was probably not very different from that of contemporary great apes, whose genetic makeup is possibly no more than 2% to 3% different from modern humans.11 This first diet consisted of large amounts of leafy vegetables, nuts (almonds and hazelnuts), and fruit, some tropical, but all purchased in local grocery stores. Theoretically, all these foods could be eaten raw but the majority of vegetables were eaten cooked. The diet was effectively devoid of any significant amount of starch. This diet was compared for effect on serum cholesterol with 2 current diets. First was a high-starch Neolithic-like diet, low in saturated fat and high in oats, barley, whole grain cereals, and dried legumes, with low-fat dairy as the source of animal protein. The second diet was a modern therapeutic diet (NCEP step 2 diet)-very low in saturated fat and dietary cholesterol and with a similar macronutrient profile to the Simian Miocene diet.

The major feature of the Simian diet was the large volume and the length of time spent eating. Considerable pressure had to be brought to bear on the subjects to ensure they ate all their food and did not lose weight. The foods were palatable, but the volume of 5.5 kg/d for a 70-kg man was excessive and the time taken to eat this volume (8 or more hours per day) was a further limitation.
I am more aware than I was not having to eat and digest so often.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk