Author Topic: fermenting fruit?  (Read 4958 times)

Offline Neone

• Warrior
    • View Profile
fermenting fruit?
« on: October 22, 2009, 10:05:49 am »
Is it possible to ferment fruit by crushing it up and putting it in a jar and leaving it to rot for a few weeks? I imagine this would make paleo alcohol? haha
That's not paleo.

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: fermenting fruit?
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2009, 10:19:05 am »

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2009, 04:15:13 am »
    I've fermented fruit.  Experiment! 

Kind of like AV a little, I have some "new" stuff in a honey jar, alcohol fermented from interstitial buffalo shoulder fluid.  I'm almost afraid to taste it.  Smells like scotch whiskey or something, I'm not all that familiar with commercial alcohols.  This one I fermented here grew at room temperature.  Anyone with experience with this?
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline raw

• Mammoth Hunter
  • country chickens and lambs and wild bugs
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2009, 05:58:04 am »
fermenting fruits is a very bad idea to me, b/c it produces alcohol right away. i prefer to work with veggies and when fruits come, i love to eat them fresh. so i never experiment fermenting any fruits.
bugs or country chickens

Offline Neone

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2009, 09:42:37 pm »
Well my blended pears in mason jars started to smell like acetone. but after a few more days turned into more of a vinegar.. i dont know.. fruit flys somehow got into my jars and made a palace inside anyway but the vinegary pears were pretty tingley on the tounge, was a treat haha.

PS: I Wanted the alcohol
That's not paleo.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk