Author Topic: lip remedy  (Read 4121 times)

Offline Ioanna

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
lip remedy
« on: December 16, 2009, 11:11:00 am »
my lips are cracking and peeling like crazy!  i'm guessing it's the cold weather?

my hands are particularly dry too.   (I wash them a lot, and this always happens in winter months.)

any curative ideas?

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
Re: lip remedy
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2009, 11:20:14 am »
    Use as hydrating foods as possible.  Try to wash your hands less.  Put raw fat on your lips?
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2009, 05:15:29 pm »
I once used raw marrow(the soft, creamy kind not the dry, sawdust-like version) on my chapped lips before going skiing. Worked OK.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

carnivore

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2009, 07:27:20 pm »
coconut oil is good for the cracking lips!

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Opportunistic Carnivore
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2009, 07:39:26 pm »
I use suet, chewed, then cover my lips with it. Do it all the time as I my lips dry because I always work outside at heights so I'm exposed to the wind.
“Integrity has no need of rules.”

Albert Camus

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2009, 08:26:51 pm »
I used to get cracked, sometimes bleeding lips and very dry hands. It didn't clear up until I eliminated all plant foods and increased my fats to around 75-80% of calories. I still get a small amount of dry skin in the winter in my eyebrow/forehead area. Here I apply melted suet or coconut butter before bed (drying from heater) and before going outside (drying from wind and dry winter air). I also use melted suet on my hands before and after washing dishes or wear dishwashing gloves to avoid drying the hands.
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk