Author Topic: Nail Care Tips  (Read 4263 times)

Offline marshel

• Forager
    • View Profile
Nail Care Tips
« on: December 29, 2009, 06:46:42 pm »
Removed--spam. 
« Last Edit: May 25, 2010, 08:59:32 am by cherimoya_kid »

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
Re: Nail Care Tips
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2009, 09:25:29 pm »
    We're not vegans, and none of us on raw paleo diets get protein deficiencies.  I don't know about you.  I'm not sure any of us would touch an onion.  We definitely are not big on grain, to say the least.  I know my nails got stronger and younger looking by eating RAFs.

diet should include a lot of fruits and raw vegetables so that they get the required vitamins, minerals and enzymes. Eat food that is rich in silicon like broccoli, fish and onions. Eat foods rich in biotins like whole grains. Drink plenty of water and other fruit juices. Food rich in zinc and vitamin B will strengthen your nails. Fresh carrot juice rich in calcium and phosphorous is perfect for strengthening nails. In addition remember the following things:

* Lack of vitamin A and calcium in your body causes dryness and brittleness.
* Lack of protein, folic acid and vitamin C causes hangnails.
* White bands across the nails are a result of protein deficiency.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2009, 10:41:47 pm »
i was reading a book about the native americans that preferred to let their horses range on the other side of this huge mountain i live next to because there is much more quartz and silica in the soil and as a result the horses that were eating the grasses growing there had much stronger bones and hooves, they also surmised that there was more protein in the grains growing from these soils so the horses were overall stronger and healthier.  another testament as to the importance of soil health and how it can contribute to our health! as long as animals are being fed from a natural and nutritious source we are sure to absorb the minerals from their flesh.

i think the same goes for veggies, i think they can be beneficially if they are being grown in rich soil, although i wouldnt trust industrial organics anymore!

i eat/crave cabbage, winter squash, and a few purple potatoes(yes all raw) this time of year, once in a while a bite of onion, i think i like the sulphur, vitamin a/k and the potassium, are there better/rich animal sources of these nutrients? i am still allergic to eggs(this makes me sad they are so delicious/healthful)

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2009, 03:12:09 am »
Marshel is a spammer by the way and now banned.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Megan Megatoast

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2009, 05:56:12 am »
Whats with the influx of vegan trolls/spammers? Its getting a little rediculous. Its not like we troll them or anything.  :(

anyways, my nails no longer break or split anymore. I had constant issues with that on a SAD and vegan diet. I also no longer get white lines on them my hair is really shiny.  ;D

Offline redfulcrum

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2010, 03:45:40 am »
You don't need veggies.  Just eat high quality meat and take a good multi.  I don't think there's good soil anywhere anymore, that's how I justify the multi.  Don't be buying no store brand either.  Order a high quality one like Dr. Ron's. 
Opening Pandora's boxes, one box at a time.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk