19 (27.9%)
Raw Insects
13 (19.1%)
Raw Wild Game
17 (25%)
None yet - Haven't had the courage!
3 (4.4%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Author Topic: Raw palaeo toughness  (Read 6568 times)

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Raw palaeo toughness
« on: December 30, 2009, 11:23:31 pm »
OK, here is a poll determining how far people are willing to go with the rawpalaeodiet. You are allowed up to 5 votes, potentially.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline SkinnyDevil

• Chief
  • "...embrace your fear..."
    • View Profile
    • Skinny Devil Music Lab
Re: Raw palaeo toughness
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2009, 01:35:46 am »
I've not ever had raw roadkill. Not sure exactly what qualifies as high meat. Perhaps you could define?

And how is it different from standard aging of meats?
-
--
David M. McLean
Skinny Devil Music Lab
http://www.skinnydevil.com

Offline djr_81

• Hakuna Matata
  • Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2009, 02:49:08 am »
Only high meat, organs, and wild game for me so far. I'll get to insects some day; roadkill depends on the shape of the animal. :P
https://www.facebook.com/djr1981
As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler; solitude will not be solitude, poverty will not be poverty, nor weakness weakness.
-Henry David Thoreau

Offline Megan Megatoast

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2009, 03:35:45 am »
Tried everything but roadkill. Its kinda hard to convince my mother to pull over whenever I see a dead deer by the road.  -\

Offline Sitting Coyote

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2009, 04:46:49 am »
Just insects and wild game for me so far.  But I'm fairly new to this...

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2009, 07:55:29 am »
The only roadkill in my urban area are stray cats -- I am not eating those.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2009, 09:33:05 am »
ive only eaten ants :( but this summer i want to harvest misquito eggs, i want to find a bee keeper who will let me eat some larva, and ill probably be eating grasshoppers.  for whatever reason i have not seen any deer carcasses(in the road, i have seen several dismembered deer legs, and lots of cougar scat eww) this year which means they are either being blessed or there is a high demand for roadkill, but i promised that if i find a fresh roadkill deer and have the means to bring it home i have a few friends who will help me with the butchering process, i would be so blessed and honored to have that much meat that easily!

i thought this poll might intale how much "toughness" one has in terms of paleo lifestyle(duh this is more a diet board) i dont know if the diet breeds the lifestyle or vice versa or both or neither......
for me its kind of the lifestyle influencing the diet, as i live very close to the dirt and nature and now feel i am more at harmony with how i am supposed to be treating/nourishing myself and am living a more "paleo" life, spending most of my free time in nature, or in some form studying nature
i will admit typing on the computer is rather abstract, but, as i am sure most will agree it is a great sounding board for the constant internal string of thought and a great way to cultivate and cumulate ideas
« Last Edit: December 31, 2009, 10:14:26 am by jessica »

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2009, 06:54:31 pm »
I've not ever had raw roadkill. Not sure exactly what qualifies as high meat. Perhaps you could define?

And how is it different from standard aging of meats?
  "high-meat" is meat aged at least to the point where it becomes really slimy on the surface, with fungus threads appearing as well. "High-Meat" is different from simple aging of meats because most people prefer to age it in the fridge(to avoid flies laying eggs on the meat).
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2009, 08:51:27 pm »
Well, up to now it appears I’m the only one to have eaten a roadkill ! It was a hare of the desert in Baja California, just freshly killed. We skinned it and hung it on the rear view mirrors inside and outside the van for a few days till it dried somewhat.  ;)
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2009, 10:08:42 pm »
    I've had live ants, raw venison, raw every kind of meat I've found in Whole Foods Market or local fish market, raw high meats, raw organs, raw glands, live clams/oysters, I think that's all.  I have not tried road kill.  

Besides flavor (I heard it tastes like chicken), what is frog like to eat?  What does snake taste like?  I'm sure eventually I'll be trying these if I run across them.  I'll be trying locusts too.  The bee grubs sound good.  
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2010, 02:05:26 am »
I've had cooked frog's legs and it didn't taste much of anything, just bland as I recall.
" Ron Paul.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2010, 06:25:56 pm »
   Besides flavor (I heard it tastes like chicken), what is frog like to eat?  What does snake taste like?  I'm sure eventually I'll be trying these if I run across them.  I'll be trying locusts too.  The bee grubs sound good.  

I've had raw wild frog.  It was super bland.  Not like the organic chickens I've had.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2010, 10:02:28 am »
Frog's legs were bland all the times I had them except once, in Louisville, Kentucky, when they tasted of swamp.

I learned that in Montserrat the people call frog "mountain chicken," because they catch the frogs up in the cool mountains.
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk