Author Topic: Dreams about health matters  (Read 4181 times)

Offline pc701

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
Dreams about health matters
« on: January 10, 2010, 12:07:45 pm »
hi, has anyone experienced dreams that relate to your poor health or good health. Here are 4 of mine that i just realized today exactly what they meant/tried to say, and all of them where about my ailing health problems shortly before i switched to the primal diet.

1. I dreamed multiple times of killing a pig/stabbing it in the heart.( this I believe means that i should kill the greediness in terms of eating all the junk food i want. Pigs are notorious for eating everything, same goes with me, eating junk food and not worrying about the consequences.)
2. Teeth crumbling. (teeth are a sign or health, and loosing teeth means health lose. I had these dreams when i was a vegetarian and when i was fasting shortly before i turned to raw meats)
3. Heart stopping/failing on operating table. (this was when i was fasting and when i was severly tired with low blood pressure)
4.Shitting in large amounts feces. (I had chronic fatigue some days and then i had blood in stool, then went had a colonoscopy. luckily no polyps/cancers.)

All these dreams were shortly prior to when i transitioned to the primal diet.

After going on the  primal diet i had a good sign dream....i dreamed multiple times of me flying in the air.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: Dreams about health matters
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2010, 06:39:28 pm »
Dreaming too much can be a sign of depression, apparently. Though, of course it doesn't apply to all cases., just some.

All I can say is that I was an extremely vivid dreamer in pre-rawpalaeo days when I was very ill. Once I cut out all the raw dairy and went fully rawpalaeo, I stopped dreaming(that is I can still daydream on a conscious level, but I am never aware of any subconscious dreaming, such as waking up from a dream etc.) I suspect that the dairy, in addition to fouling up my hormones had some sort of narcotic effect on my brain, thus stimulating dreaming to an extreme level. Given that cooked foods also contain opioids which affect the brain in an addictive manner, perhaps hominids went in for cooking in order to stimulate their dream-activity - just a thought, of course, others might have experienced no change in their dreaming-activity at all when transitioning to RVAF diets.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline pc701

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2010, 11:43:02 am »
But i absoltuley believe that dreams are true in the sense that they predict future events. I saw a documentary, this one guy dreamed he won the lottery, a very vivid dream, and thereafter he was certain he would win, and so he did.

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2010, 02:39:52 pm »
2. Teeth crumbling. (teeth are a sign or health, and loosing teeth means health lose. I had these dreams when i was a vegetarian and when i was fasting shortly before i turned to raw meats)

All these dreams were shortly prior to when i transitioned to the primal diet.

After going on the  primal diet i had a good sign dream....i dreamed multiple times of me flying in the air.

While vegetarian I had uncomfortable dreams about my teeth shifting.  On primal on rare occasions my flying comes back.  I like those.  I've been having a lot of prophetic dreams lately.  I do dream less when I avoid dairy and other carbs.  The higher quantity of the most recent dreams lately might be a fluke, or maybe it has something to do with I have a more local dairy source and it tastes fresher.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline jennie

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2010, 12:18:02 pm »
It's just been a few days on the raw diet and my dreams are for the first time as I can remember pleasant. Normally my dreams are complicated, feels "unsolved" and a bit stressful, then there is the nightmares.

Not long ago I dreamt I was losing my teeth. I've been having this dream a lot the last year as a fruit-/vegetarian and also with a very restricted cooked diet. I've also been "falling" a lot in my bed, wonder if this will continue.

The last few days, my dreams has been interesting with nice turns and surprises, for the first time in ages I'm enjoying dreaming. If there was a surprise in the past, it would never be a good one. It might be the raw meat/bone marrow.

Offline LightzNY

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2010, 12:26:01 pm »
Wow this thread caught my eye, its very interesting because I too had a dream about my teeth falling out. This dream occurred while I was raw vegan. It was very scary.

Offline Louna

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2010, 01:24:34 pm »
But i absoltuley believe that dreams are true in the sense that they predict future events.

I dreamt about the subjects of my school time exams... I trusted that and I review only what my dreams were talking about.
I had my bachelor exam (with a mention !) thanks to these dreams as I prefered to do others things with friends than going at school this last year of secondary school...

I also dreamt about towels and planes "accidents" 3 days before and was very anxious about what will happened.

I often dream that I fly (and learn that to others !), and even if sometimes I have a nearly sensation in the day (like since I'm on paleo) I am still waiting for a real fly... Regullary I woke up with the sentiment that it is truly possible to do it...   :)

Since 10 days on paleo, I dream less and when I did they are very good dreams.

Offline yuli

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2010, 02:07:43 pm »
Yeah whenever I stray from raw paleo and eat a heavy cooked meal I have weird dreams. Not bad or good, sometimes they are interesting.
Never had nightmares but I had the "falling" thing you guys mentioned, where you feel like you're literally falling, that happened a few times in my life and woke me up, I guess that could be considered a scary dream.
When I eat raw meats and other raw foods I don't have much dreams either.
A few times I had dreams so interesting they were like watching a weird animation, then it was daytime and I wake up but I didn't get to finish watching the dream so I get annoyed by that, like someone switched the screen off during an interesting movie ha ha

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk