Author Topic: Grounding organ meats  (Read 2302 times)

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Grounding organ meats
« on: January 15, 2010, 11:28:57 am »
Hi
I simply cant ever make myself eat raw organ meats while they still look like the organ (its completely mental). So what about grounding them? Does this somehow negatively affect the meat?
Thank you
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."

Offline Ioanna

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Grounding organ meats
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2010, 11:40:54 am »
I'd like to try organ meats too, and it will be in ground form for similar reason.  I can get ground mix of organs from a local farmer that is a mix for my dog, probably something similar to what Lex get's from Slankers.  It smells good when I feed my dog, lol, one of these days I'm going to try some.

Quality being equal, I'd guess the non-ground organs would be of better value, but, like you, I'm definitely not ready to start with the whole organ  :(

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
Re: Grounding organ meats
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2010, 11:46:16 am »
    Hi Kurite.  

I occasionally make a recipe.  I grind raw liver, raw buffalo, a little raw fat, a little mineral water and some herbs together.  It tastes good.  I tried making it three days in a row eating it.  By the third day it just felt wrong.  I still do it sometimes, but only one day or in a row two days.  

I say try grinding the liver and other organs.  See how you feel.  If it helps you continue on the diet, well good!  

Hey, now that I think of it, I have ground raw heart with other meats.  I didn't add seasoning.  It was totally good, but I just haven't done it again.  I have to say the heart was stringy/fibrous (some tubes/vessels).  Gotta be careful with my blender.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk