Author Topic: infected wound?  (Read 14588 times)

Offline yon yonson

• Global Moderator
  • Chief
    • View Profile
infected wound?
« on: January 18, 2010, 03:01:11 am »
alright guys. here's the story. yesterday i was cutting a branch with a metal saw and accidentally hit my other hand's index finger with the blade. it made a very small  (1mm by 5mm) but deep (i could see the bone) cut. it bled a lot but didnt hurt that bad so i continued with what i was doing the rest of the day (the accident happend around 1 pm). when i got home at night i noticed my finger was getting swollen and stiff. i cleaned it a little with hydrogen peroxide and went to bed. when i woke up this morning, it was a little more swollen and very stiff. i though it might be broken because it felt like the bone hurt, not the cut. so i went to my school health clinic and they x-rayed it and found it wasn't broken. then they told me it was probably infected.

at that point, i kinda just wanted to leave because i figured i could deal with an infection. but then they suggested i get a tetanus shot and take antibiotics (cephalexin- apparently similar to penicillin). i faked a story about my parents not wanting me to get vaccines because i was very unsure about the need for one. i got my last tetanus shot in 2002, but the doctors still recommended it. i told them i'd wait until tomorrow to decide (they had already scheduled me for a check up tomorrow). i took the prescription for the antibiotics but i really don't plan on buying them or taking them.

anyways, i would really appreciate any insight. is the tetanus vaccine one of the legit ones? should i get it? any recommendations about the antibiotics? any home remedies i should try? i've already applied raw honey to it just recently as i've heard that helps a lot... also, are there any particular raw foods i should eat? honey, liver, eggs?

haha, they seemed pretty bewildered when i refused the vaccine
« Last Edit: January 18, 2010, 03:39:15 am by yon yonson »

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: infected wound?
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2010, 04:34:04 am »
  I too am on the fence about tetanus shots.  Haven't had one in years.    But what works for infections:  get iodine and dilute it so that it looks like a strong strong tea.  Warm it and soak your finger in it three times a day for twenty minutes at a time.  It will penetrate and kill germs.  Only certain kinds of honey work for wounds.  I would stay away from ingesting sugars with an infection, and add garlic to your meals.   keep us informed.

Offline yon yonson

• Global Moderator
  • Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2010, 05:26:10 am »
thanks for the insight van. what kind of honey works? i have local unheated and unfiltered raw honey, will that work?

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2010, 06:00:57 am »
sounds like a good candidate for a tetanus shot and antibiotics.

Tetanus shot is legit.  I've seen it work with my cousin's cat bite.

Our family trick is to always have dried cayenne powder handy.  When the next injury like that comes, just slap on the cayenne powder and in 24 hours your wound is healed.  Really.

http://www.myhealthblog.org/2007/11/19/dried-cayenne-powder-cures-34-thumb-wound-in-1-day/
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

djr_81

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2010, 06:48:42 am »
thanks for the insight van. what kind of honey works? i have local unheated and unfiltered raw honey, will that work?
I don't know if it will work.
The one I've always seen touted as most effective is Manuka honey.

Offline yon yonson

• Global Moderator
  • Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2010, 08:51:14 am »
thanks for the advice guys. im still skeptical about the vaccine and the anitbiotics though...

im thinking about applying some hydrated bentonite clay to the wound. i've read that it helps with infections

Offline aunaturale

• Trapper
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2010, 08:58:00 am »
DONT EVER get vaccinated or go through a course of antibiotics!
These are medicines that man has created in a sorry
attempt to achieve what nature can.

For every drug out in the industry their is a natural alternative. Drugs
just dont come from no where, scientists need a foundation to start
from... and that is herbs and food. Nature is here to help you.

simply keep up the raw unheated honey, if you can get yourself aloe leaves,
dab that on your wound as well as ingest the gooey insides. Good luck.
"The more I learn what is a man, the more I want to be an animal."

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2010, 09:14:25 am »
    Something like this happened to my son last year, but not on the hand.  He did not go to any doctor in person.  We did talk to a doctor online who eats raw foods.

We used unheated honey in it.  The first thing we used was terramin clay.  We used some homemade kefir to rinse it.  We used wheatgrass pulp too.  It all helped, but wheatgrass has impressed us a lot.  I know people who say putting white sugar on cuts heal them, but I wouldn't dare attempting that. 

It saved my son's nerve in his finger, and saved his finger too about ten twelve years back.  Don't use pharmaceutical antibiotics!  That's what I suggest.  Especially cephalexin.  At least in my family we do not react healthfully at all to that.

As far as tetanus shot, it it was my body involved, with my awareness, I would turn down tetanus vaccine.  I'm not saying not to take it though.  It's up to you.  I'm just not telling you to take it. 

Goldenseal herb powdered may help to, to apply.

I personally would not use hydrogen peroxide in it on me, but that's me.  I would not use pharmaceutical grade iodine on it on me either.  I'm not saying I'm right, but I wouldn't.

As for foods, I'd think protein.  Protein should help you heal, but do what you feel is right.  Take care.  Tell us what happens.  Get well soon!
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2010, 05:47:55 pm »
While my one experience with antibiotics was a disaster, I'm not totally against vaccines/antibiotics as a whole. I mean if someone gets bitten by a rabid dog, then I would strongly suggest getting an anti-rabies shot rather than using raw honey, for example.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Hannibal

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2010, 06:55:11 pm »
I mean if someone gets bitten by a rabid dog, then I would strongly suggest getting an anti-rabies shot rather than using raw honey, for example.
So you think that there is nothing in Nature that can be efficient?
Do you blame vultures for the carcass they eat?
Livin' off the raw grass fat of the land

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2010, 07:01:58 pm »
No, I think that Nature can be very effective re use of herbal medicines and many other practices. I just am a bit sceptical that a natural remedy is always the solution.I mean wild animals do get diseases despite eating much healthier diets than humans generally do, and sometimes an artificial method might be more useful.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2010, 08:35:37 pm »

I'm open to anything and everything that works and find out which ones are better suited for the particular job.
In this case my first choice is dried ground cayenne.
If it was applied too late, maybe a Hulda Clark Zapper will do it.
I also have a pyro-energen if it is viral.
Beam ray if the operator is available.
I could also use honey if nothing else.
But if it is far gone I'd accept a tetanus shot.
In an emergency far gone infected maybe anti-biotics.

All healing tools welcome.  The more choices the merrier.  With experience you know which one to use and when.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2010, 09:44:06 pm »
you probably should just clean it out and figure that it hurts and is stiff/swollen right now because of the fact that it is sending extra materials, antibodies, blood to that site to heal it up for you, i would worry if its scabs over and develops a puss or does not seem to heal.  i would make a tumeric/clay solution if you are going to go that route and just pack it down.  i chopped off the tip of my finger at work and went to the er to have them stitch it to stop the bleeding, but after sitting there for an hour i realized there was nothing to stitch together.  they applied a wound cover(a fabric mesh) that coagulated the blood and sent me on my way.  i was not to get it wet for a week but i did a few times and immediately submerged it in bentonite clay...i formed with weird ceramic scab and after a week it told me to pick it off, so i did and had a wonderful new skin underneath, its still not fully grown back but i believe the clay helped to heal and protect the wound....i would definitely advice against any oral antibiotic or shots!  if you feel you need extra protection take oil of oregano, spray the wound with collodial silver or rub it with garlic or take a few smashed teeth of garlic internally (smash them, let them sit ten minutes, swallow like pills)

Offline livingthelife

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2010, 10:25:01 pm »
Sorry to learn of your injury.

Clay works very well. Also massage and heat once you can tolerate it.

Wishing you a speedy recovery!

Offline yon yonson

• Global Moderator
  • Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2010, 12:07:28 am »
i don't want to speak too soon, but im pretty sure it's healing nicely. here's what i did. yesterday i applied raw honey for a couple hours. then, around 6pm i found a website that recommended bentonite clay. luckily i had some so i hydrated it and applied that. i took the clay off after about an hour. already, the swelling had gone down and the scab that was on the wound was gone and yellow pus was coming out! so, i applied the clay again for an hour and removed it. even better. apparently you're not supposed to let the clay dry completely. then, i applied more raw honey just before going to sleep and wrapped it up in cloth. i just woke up a little while ago and it looks pretty good (less swelling, MUCH less pain, and more range of motion). even typing was very painful yesterday, but im going strong now. i just applied some more clay. im going to the doctor's check up in an hour or so. i guess i'll just tell him i took the antibiotics and stuff at first. then, i might tell him the truth as im leaving. i think that'd be pretty funny - a kind of fuck you to the pill pushers. i also don't think im gonna get the tetanus shot. i mean i figure since the wound is healing there's probably no reason, right? i don't know, there's a possibility i'll get the version of the tetanus shot without diphtheria and pertussis  vaccines added...

any input appreciated
« Last Edit: January 19, 2010, 03:37:42 am by yon yonson »

Offline Hannibal

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2010, 12:21:41 am »
No, I think that Nature can be very effective re use of herbal medicines and many other practices. I just am a bit sceptical that a natural remedy is always the solution.I mean wild animals do get diseases despite eating much healthier diets than humans generally do, and sometimes an artificial method might be more useful.
Yes, I know that modern methods can be very efficient in some cases.
Wild animals do get diseases usually when they don't have sufficient amount of food or when it's really neaded - detoxification, getting rid of degenerative tissue, etc.
It's usually good to get sick from time to time, as it is the best way to cleanse oneself.

Offline livingthelife

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2010, 02:48:48 am »
you're not supposed to let the clay dry completely

Yes, yes, glad you mentioned this. I forgot because I never let it dry, it's a habit. This is true even when cleansing skin, though most "cosmetics" incorrectly direct that the clay should dry on the skin.

Glad you're doing better. Every caveman needs to keep on typing!   ;)

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2010, 02:56:45 am »
possibility i'll get the version of the tetanus shot without diphtheria and pertussis  vaccines added...

any input appreciated

I thought the DPT was only pushed for infants of new parents.  They really would suggest you take whooping cough and diphtheria for this?  Wow, "kick em while they're down"!  They can act gall-filled.  From the time people are being born, they're objective is to make us more robot-like and be the parents of all beings on Earth.  They know better than anyone's parents could.  

The whole idea of vaccines is to stop your immune system from doing anything, so that the injectors an control you better for your own good and the greater good of society at large.  They can create us all equal then, and we can worship them like the gods they want to think they are over us.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline yon yonson

• Global Moderator
  • Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2010, 03:35:03 am »
so i just got back from my check up. there was a different doctor this time and she said the infection looked great. she said it was healing nicely as evident from the reduced swelling and redness and the presence of puss. i told them i took the antibiotics and they seemed to be pretty satisfied. i didn't take the liberty to tell them what really happened... also, she didn't mention the tetanus vaccine so i just went with it. guess im not getting that either. i'll keep you guys updated as to how it's healing. so far, bentonite clay is amazing

Offline Hannibal

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2010, 05:55:01 am »
i told them i took the antibiotics and they seemed to be pretty satisfied. 
That is what I don't understand. I would definitely tell them the truth and wouldn't care what they say.

Offline yon yonson

• Global Moderator
  • Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2010, 08:00:12 am »
That is what I don't understand. I would definitely tell them the truth and wouldn't care what they say.

yeah, i think i might tell that doctor in an email or something. i don't know how the health care is over in poland, but doctors here can get pretty aggressive if you don't follow the protocol. even when i told him that i wanted to 'wait' on getting the tetanus vaccine, he questioned me about it pretty persistently and i felt very uncomfortable. but i stuck with my gut instinct. so, i didn't want to go through the same thing with the antibiotics while im there. but now that i don't have to go back, i might let them know how i actually healed so they don't go on believing that their antibiotics are amazing. hope this all makes sense. but you're right, if i was a more confrontational person, i'd have told him anyways and maybe even given him a little lecture on why antibiotics are bad and why vaccines can be dangerous. im just not that kind of person... yet

Offline Hannibal

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2010, 03:07:44 pm »
Firstly, I woudn't go to such doctors, who could get aggressive.
Secondly, I don't go to doctors, because I don't need them.
The only 1 time that I really needed them was 4 years ago when I was hit by a car I was severaly injured - I had acute epidural hematoma and several fractures - and I needed the neurosurgical craniotomy ASAP and after several days orthopedical operation.
These kind of modern methods saved my life and they are definitely good.
In that kind of cases the doctors are needed; but in other cases - I think not

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2010, 03:17:28 pm »
doctors here can get pretty aggressive if you don't follow the protocol. even when i told him that i wanted to 'wait' on getting the tetanus vaccine, he questioned me about it pretty persistently and i felt very uncomfortable.

They think of us like their dolls, and many want us to stay as their dolls, to play with when we pay them, by using whatever their latest game (they call treatment) is.  If I were you I might think twice before telling them that your healing wasn't spontaneous but by clay instead.  That's me.  I might not even follow my advice.  I'm not in your shoes, you should know best what to do, as you are there in your body and situation.  Your instincts sound IMO from what I've read you write.  

Offline roony

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2010, 08:04:15 am »
Tetanus shots dont do anything, just follow aajonus recipe for handling wounds ...

Offline yon yonson

• Global Moderator
  • Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2010, 08:48:22 am »
Tetanus shots dont do anything, just follow aajonus recipe for handling wounds ...

which is....? i read We Want to Live at a library when on vacation so don't have it available. is it in that one? i have Recipe for Living Without Disease but i didn't find it in there.

thanks for the input on tetanus. i've been applying bentonite clay pretty regularly, and my wound is almost completely healed! it's actually kind of amazing how well it worked. i highly recommend it for anyone who gets a deep wound. also, i bought some cayenne powder so i can try goodsamaratin's advice for the next time.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk