Author Topic: first time eating high meat...  (Read 5239 times)

Offline Ioanna

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
first time eating high meat...
« on: January 20, 2010, 02:31:25 pm »
did you give yourself a pep talk first??... or was the sight/smell entirely agreeable to you from bite one?? 

if the first, how long until you are comfortable/enjoy the high meat?

i didn't start the aged vs high thread because i wanted to make it, i really just wanted to know the difference.  but... now after reading the recipe thread... i'm interested.. i don't think i can do try it by myself though, lol, at least not yet... haha, maybe i'll see how my dog takes to it first :D

yon... from your photo it wasn't obvious that the meat was high, which was probably what encourage me most that i could try it... i'm sure the smell was obviously high, though :)

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: first time eating high meat...
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2010, 05:52:14 pm »
I vomited the first couple of times I tried high-meat, just couldn't handle the taste. I solved this by only swallowing very tiny bits of high-meat followed by a large gulp of alkaline mineral water each time. After a while, I got used to the taste of high-meat and viewed it as being a bit like an aged raw cheese(without the side-effects that raw dairy gives me).

It is probably better, IMO, for people to simply gradually leave some raw meats in the fridge for longer(at not too cold a setting). By the time you can easily handle raw meat aged for 10 days/14 days, you can then start with high-meat.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

djr_81

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2010, 08:22:03 pm »
I found it very easy when I did it. Basically I made a fairly large batch of it at once and I would eat a piece every day or two as I cultured it. It tempers the taste buds over time so that it only tastes a little "off" each subsequent time. By the time the meat was truly high I could clearly smell it but the taste was fine for me. :)

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2010, 08:52:23 pm »
    For my first four months, I never ate meat that was more than three days old.  I always kept it refrigerated too.  After four months, one time, my husband bought fish and liver in honor of me (as his diet included no meat etc).  The weather was hot and sunny, and he is a processed food eater, so he wasn't aware of things I am in meat.  After he bought the meat he drove around with the meat in the car with no ice nor cooler for a couple of hours.  When he brought it home and I got there, the meats were slimy, yellowed and smelled bad.  He didn't notice; because he didn't look at them.  He was just so happy to serve me.  So I thought for a minute ... well, I'll keep him happy and I'll eat it.  My health was going really good after four months practicing everything perfectly.  I thought I can bare whatever goes.  I gave some to my cats and I ate half of both types of meat.  Nothing happened, it didn't make me vomit or anything else.  Highmeats smell pretty gross to me, but they don't taste too bad.  Sometimes they taste really good.  I started making highmeats after the liver/fish incident, and highmeats make me feel good each time, even when I put the first bite in my mouth.    

I made a fairly large batch of it at once and I would eat a piece every day or two as I cultured it. It tempers the taste buds over time so that it only tastes a little "off" each subsequent time. By the time the meat was truly high I could clearly smell

That's what I did when I made it not using refrigeration.

better, IMO, for people to simply gradually leave some raw meats in the fridge for longer(at not too cold a setting). By the time you can easily handle raw meat

I think so too, little by little get used to bacteria.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline yon yonson

• Global Moderator
  • Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2010, 11:17:36 pm »
yon... from your photo it wasn't obvious that the meat was high, which was probably what encourage me most that i could try it... i'm sure the smell was obviously high, though :)

ya, that batch was a good one. it never really got slimy, but it was just kind of sticky if that makes sense. it smelled obviously high but i thought that was the best batch i've made taste wise. it was kinda like cheese as others have mentioned. i didn't find it hard to start with high meat at all. i mean it was a little weird thinking that i was going to eat that nasty stuff in the jar before i did it. but then i just put it in my mouth and i actually liked the taste. good luck

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2010, 03:49:08 am »
  It would be great if someone could find an innoculant for the meat.  I live in northern Ca. on the coast.   This time of year there's a lot of mold and fungus growing most places.  Thus airing out meat in my guess would pick up these airborne 'locals' and probably my meat would be a culture of them.  Whereas someone who lived elsewhere would have other 'innoculants'.    In Europe where they age and culture meat for sausages etc.  they have developed certain innoculants,  same with cheese.    I wrote about this some time ago here, and am hoping again that someone might have a good idea as to what might work well.  The last time I tried high meat here,  I developed an ear problem with wetness.  I used to have them years ago.  So who knows,  I also had been swimming alot in an indoor pool.   I had also suggested burying the meat.  Maybe in a stainless screen material.   Any ideas?

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2010, 03:58:30 am »
The last time I tried high meat here,  I developed an ear problem with wetness.  I used to have them years ago.  So who knows,  I also had been swimming alot in an indoor pool.   I had also suggested burying the meat.  Maybe in a stainless screen material.   Any ideas?

That's strange.  I might have thought local pathogens are better for us.  Maybe it just helped you continue the old detox?  They say with raw healing food that you go back through your old illnesses in reverse order (once once) until you are well.

If the stainless suggestion or anything else works, I am interested.  I want to learn about bacteria even more.  Meat bacteria is so different, not that I know everything I want to know about the other bacterias yet.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk