Author Topic: delicious fish experiment  (Read 7633 times)

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
delicious fish experiment
« on: January 23, 2010, 09:43:39 am »
i had a piece of salmon that had traveled around with me a bit, frozen, dethawed, warm, cold, warm.....all while in its original plastic/freeze wrap, which is would have been fine but i was worried that the good germs hadn't had enough oxygen...so i figured to throw it in the end of a jar of raw kimchi and let it ferment with those germs, i kept it in the fridge and aired it twice a day for two days and took it to work this morning and left i ton the counter for 6hrs
it was extremely delicious, the skin was soft, a bit broken down and easy to eat unlike how chewy it usually is and the flesh was still soft and raw, not that weird "cooked" chewiness that even raw flesh+lemon juice imparts
i would recommend and will experiment further with my next batch of saurkraut and red meat

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
Re: delicious fish experiment
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2010, 10:50:35 am »
That's nice.  I get kimchi once in a while.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline roony

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2010, 05:26:09 am »
erm jessica, that's a BRILLIANT way to create controlled high meat

This way you can control the smell AND flavour & still keep it tasting great, i've been looking for a way to control the smell & flavour of high meat for a while, great idea ,,,,

I think you just made high meat, acceptable to a much larger number of raw paleo's, perhaps everyone even the newbies, nice, hmm ....

Who wants great tasting high meat anyone? need to find some kimchi ....

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2010, 05:32:06 am »
I think you just made high meat, acceptable to a much larger number of raw paleo's, perhaps everyone even the newbies, nice, hmm ....

May be a good way to start the newbies, but it doesn't have the same bacteria as highmeats we've been talking about.  I'm glad Jessica's experiment tasted good and went down well.

Jessica, did you get high from it?

Roony, I suspect it's like Living Food LifestyleTM.  LFL foods as taught directly by Ann Wigmore are prepared in certain ways with intention of healing things unhealable to modern knowledge other wise.  It's not easy to prepare them.  Today a bunch of raw vegans run around eating any fruit or vegetable raw, add any spice etc and say Ann Wigmore taught them, just because they read something that someone wrote saying she said eat anything vegan.  In my experience vegan can't even maintain minimum health unless very carefully done.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline roony

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2010, 06:43:02 am »
   May be a good way to start the newbies, but it doesn't have the same bacteria as highmeats we've been talking about.  I'm glad Jessica's experiment tasted good and went down well.

Jessica, did you get high from it?

Roony, I suspect it's like Living Food LifestyleTM.  LFL foods as taught directly by Ann Wigmore are prepared in certain ways with intention of healing things unhealable to modern knowledge other wise.  It's not easy to prepare them.  Today a bunch of raw vegans run around eating any fruit or vegetable raw, add any spice etc and say Ann Wigmore taught them, just because they read something that someone wrote saying she said eat anything vegan.  In my experience vegan can't even maintain minimum health unless very carefully done.

Well the REAL vegans, who created the vegan movement, like the yogi's in india, ate tons of faeces & urine, vegans were never meant to eat veg & fruit on their own

Well if it can start newbies on eating high meat, its better then not eating high meat at all, which is what all newbies are doing now

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2010, 07:05:46 am »
Well if it can start newbies on eating high meat, its better then not eating high meat at all, which is what all newbies are doing now

I think everyone who eats raw meat then waits at least a month before they dare taste high meats.  I don't think it's natural for humans to go for biting into high meats first thing.  We're not flies nor dogs.  My cats don't like high meat.  A neighbor cat does, but he's lucky he gets any food at all.  They don't feed him.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline roony

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2010, 07:09:00 am »
    I think everyone who eats raw meat then waits at least a month before they dare taste high meats.  I don't think it's natural for humans to go for biting into high meats first thing.  We're not flies nor dogs.  My cats don't like high meat.  A neighbor cat does, but he's lucky he gets any food at all.  They don't feed him.

hmm, well its not really high meat if its fermented with kimchi, high meat light, so its not as strong as, or as overpowering as regular high meat

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2010, 08:11:32 am »
meat if its fermented with kimchi, high meat light, so its not as strong as, or as overpowering as regular high meat

The kind of "overpowering" highmeats give me is the kind of overpowering I need for health.  It feels like it cleans my brain and my pain and leaves me light, strong, energetic, aware, calm and clear.

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2010, 08:34:37 am »
i am always high! so i dont remember noticing a difference but it was totally satisfying
i have a high meat pot i use it like you would ferment sour kraut and just add more pieces of meat to the pile, the stuff at the bottom is totally putrid and delicious so i give it a stir when i add new, making sure the older juices cover it and then eat the oldest first, i air this whole mess twice daily if i can remember but always once when i am eating, i set it outside by the dirt and covercrops and fan it so hopefully some microbes jump in

Offline roony

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2010, 08:38:17 am »
i am always high! so i dont remember noticing a difference but it was totally satisfying
i have a high meat pot i use it like you would ferment sour kraut and just add more pieces of meat to the pile, the stuff at the bottom is totally putrid and delicious so i give it a stir when i add new, making sure the older juices cover it and then eat the oldest first, i air this whole mess twice daily if i can remember but always once when i am eating, i set it outside by the dirt and covercrops and fan it so hopefully some microbes jump in

Sweet, do you recommend adding some chilli peppers & herbs & spices for flavour?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk