Author Topic: Where is everyone getting raw organ meats?  (Read 15312 times)

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Where is everyone getting raw organ meats?
« on: January 23, 2010, 03:06:23 pm »
The only organ meat i can get is raw chicken liver and its grain fed, non organic. So where is everyone else getting theirs? Can i go to whole foods and ask for it special or something?
thanks
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
Re: Where is everyone getting raw organ meats?
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2010, 04:08:41 pm »
In my country, organs are sold openly in every wet market everyday.

Filipinos eat a lot of cooked organ meat and blood whether at home or in food stalls.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2010, 05:46:53 pm »
In the UK one can get  raw organ-meats from farmers' markets but they rarely display organ-meats so one usually has to pre-order. In the US, you'll just have to contact grassfed farms like Slanker's in order to get raw organs.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Nation

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2010, 06:04:26 pm »
You guys don't have organs in your supermarkets?  here in Quebec we have kidney, brains, tongue, heart. I've never seen pancreas, i wonder why.

William

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2010, 06:14:52 pm »
I've never seen brains for sale - where do you get that?

djr_81

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2010, 08:23:39 pm »
You guys don't have organs in your supermarkets?  here in Quebec we have kidney, brains, tongue, heart. I've never seen pancreas, i wonder why.
They sell quite a variety of organs/offal in US supermarkets (liver, tongue, heart, tripe) but the stuff's invariably grainfed.
Even my local grassfed supplier doesn't get the organs in with the meat as there's such a small market for it (although I keep asking them to do so maybe eventually I'll get them to). Like most of the others when I crave grassfed organs I need to place an order with Slankers.

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2010, 08:34:06 pm »
here in Quebec we have kidney, brains, tongue, heart. I've never seen pancreas, i wonder why.

You have brain?  You are so lucky.

I've gotten lamb and goat heart, kidneys and livers from WF.  I've gotten chicken and calves livers there too, but the chicken livers' source may be dubious, as the calves.  The others are more local and definitely pasture fed.  There are beef livers there too, but they don't say grassfed and I haven't tried them.  I've tried beef tongue from there, but the meat was too tough.  
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline Ioanna

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2010, 11:25:26 pm »
Like most of the others when I crave grassfed organs I need to place an order with Slankers.

Do you get the whole organ(s) or the pet food ground mix of organs?  I wish they had a human grade ground blend like they do for pets, that is a less daunting way to start with organs to me.

djr_81

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2010, 01:00:51 am »
Do you get the whole organ(s) or the pet food ground mix of organs?  I wish they had a human grade ground blend like they do for pets, that is a less daunting way to start with organs to me.
I get the full organs.
I've ordered liver, heart, tongue, kidney, and spleen. Some are tastier and easier to eat. Some less so. I have yet to get the fries (testicles) that Slankers lists on their site but really want to give them a shot and see how they are.
I've been craving liver pretty heavily for the last month but each time I call Slankers up they're out of beef liver. I'm going to call Monday though and get whatever liver they have because I obviously need something in it right now.
As I mentioned before Ioanna you should really dry them out a bit if you're having an issue with the raw & wet whole organ aspect. Even just a day uncovered in the fridge completely changes the texture and makes it a ton easier to work into the organs. Cut it up and let it dry out some even.

Offline Ioanna

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2010, 02:17:53 am »
good idea! is there an organ that is the least strong in flavor that might be better to start with?

djr_81

« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2010, 02:32:00 am »
Heart or tongue.
The heart has a unique flavor to it and is a bit tougher/firmer than muscle meat but is the closest to what you eat now.
Tongue takes some prep work and is fairly fatty but doesn't have too much of a different flavor.

Liver, kidneys, and spleen will all have strong flavors with liver being the most agreeable IMO. Liver is tasty semi-dried or fully dried (I know it's all in the head but I get a chocolate undertone when I eat it). I avoid kidneys and spleens, especially spleens, as they taste disgusting to me. If at some point I crave one I'll buy some but until that point I don't care to eat them again.

Offline klowcarb

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2010, 02:36:28 am »
Aisan markets are great, too. I love getting my raw ground beef at the Korean H-Mart, and they have every organ I could imagine. I haven't been eating any, but if I were, I would trust that source over a typical supermarket.

Offline Ioanna

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2010, 02:44:14 am »
thanks dan! i'll work on it :)

carnivore

« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2010, 03:47:33 am »
I generally don't eat fresh organ. I prefer to let them dry in the fridge or outside.
Heart is the easiest to start, liver and brain (lamb) are my favourites.
I don't like yet kidney and tongue, but I often buy and eat a bit of them in order to accustom my palate to the taste (and to train my body to manufacture the required enzymes). I know one day I will like them!

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2010, 11:02:49 am »
My local supermarkets have grainfed organs and my local healthfood markets have pasture-fed organs, some are partly grainfed, but there are also grassfed.
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2010, 11:29:05 am »
Okay when you guys say you are eating all of these organs whole do you mean raw to?
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2010, 11:34:00 am »
Okay when you guys say you are eating all of these organs whole do you mean raw to?

I eat them only raw.  Meat is toxic cooked.  Everything is toxic cooked.  Organs are even more toxic cooked.  Don't freeze them either.  Best is raw.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline Carnivora

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2010, 12:53:20 am »
good idea! is there an organ that is the least strong in flavor that might be better to start with?

The book Nourishing Traditions by Sally Fallon states that calf 'sweetbreads'(part of the thymus gland apparently) are the mildest tasting organ. I cannot confirm this with experience since I have never seen them available for sale. I find heart to be palatable, though a bit denser than other muscle meat. The fat around organs or 'suet' is good and more nutritious than regular muscle fat I believe.

liver has a very strong flavor to me... I did the dessicated tablets for awhile and have frozen it in small pieces to swallow before. I am still trying to acquire the taste.

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2010, 05:42:19 am »

How about the skin?
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

Offline Nation

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2010, 01:03:05 pm »
Out of curiosity, would a diet of nothing but organs work? Has anyone ever tried? You can get plenty of fat from tongues and brains. I've been eating 50-60% organs in the last week, i have an infatuation with organs.

Offline raw

• Mammoth Hunter
  • country chickens and lambs and wild bugs
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2010, 01:20:58 pm »
Out of curiosity, would a diet of nothing but organs work? Has anyone ever tried? You can get plenty of fat from tongues and brains. I've been eating 50-60% organs in the last week, i have an infatuation with organs.
just be careful with liver. you have to have limit to eat liver, otherwise that could cause you the toxicity. tongues and brains are full of fats, and you can eat them alone if you can.
bugs or country chickens

Offline Hannibal

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2010, 02:19:05 pm »
In some days I eat nothing but organs, but it definitely wouldn't be natural to eat this way forever.
Do you blame vultures for the carcass they eat?
Livin' off the raw grass fat of the land

Offline raw meat man

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2010, 02:42:34 pm »
I just got out of hospital from doing a liver cleanse by eating local organic calf's livers. I had extreme fever, vomiting, fatigue and had to take some pain killer and steriods to overcome the sharp stabbing pain my lower abdomen.

What do you peeps think it was? Was it a good cleanse or geniune food poisoning? AV got me to eat mono livers and heaps of raw cream to help overcome my liver condition. I just feel the worst ever now.!!  :'(

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2010, 11:29:05 pm »
I just got out of hospital from doing a liver cleanse by eating local organic calf's livers. I had extreme fever, vomiting, fatigue and had to take some pain killer and steriods to overcome the sharp stabbing pain my lower abdomen.

What do you peeps think it was? Was it a good cleanse or geniune food poisoning? AV got me to eat mono livers and heaps of raw cream to help overcome my liver condition. I just feel the worst ever now.!!  :'(

How did AV "get" you to do that?  He says cream is hard to digest.  That's not something he would recommend for your liver.  And for pain?  He doesn't prescribe steroids or pain killer.  You must have gotten to do these things through an impostor.  Are you from that crazy website we were featured on recently?

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2010, 11:29:15 pm »

Trolling needs to be more subtle than this, or else we'll notice you immediately and ban you. Of course, if you troll subtly enough to not get caught, you'll pretty much be saying the exact same things that many of us do...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk