Author Topic: Gout. Experiences. Cures.  (Read 12089 times)

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
Gout. Experiences. Cures.
« on: January 24, 2010, 08:19:38 am »
Please post your gout experiences and success stories here.
I expect since some of you are long enough on RPD any gout will have been eradicated, never to return.

I'd like to share my wife's gout experience and success.
http://www.myhealthblog.org/2010/01/24/gout-treatment-and-cure-my-wifes-story/
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline Ronaldo10

• Forager
    • View Profile
Re: Gout. Experiences. Cures.
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2010, 04:03:45 pm »
Hi, I've read your wife's story, it was a very informative. I would like to ask if the symptoms of  having gout are the following?

- sudden attack of joint pain
- swelling
- joints feel hot, tender and look dusty red or bruised

I've recently got injured on basketball and since then I keep on feeling those things. At first I thought it was only a slight bruised or something but I'm on my 2nd week and still the same injuries.

carnivore

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2010, 04:47:57 pm »
I expect since some of you are long enough on RPD any gout will have been eradicated, never to return.

I experience gout-like symptoms (pain in joint and fingertip, inflammation) when I eat too much (raw) high purine food (liver, egg, etc.), despite having sufficient fat. So it's not related to cooked protein for me.

Offline Hannibal

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2010, 06:40:09 pm »
I experience gout-like symptoms (pain in joint and fingertip, inflammation) when I eat too much (raw) high purine food 
Hugh purine food do not directly cause gout. It could be correlation, so some other factors are important.
Maybe to little carbs (all sorts of berries and pears are great), not enough water, sedentary lifestyle?
Do you blame vultures for the carcass they eat?
Livin' off the raw grass fat of the land

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2010, 08:21:10 pm »
Hi, I've read your wife's story, it was a very informative. I would like to ask if the symptoms of  having gout are the following?

- sudden attack of joint pain
- swelling
- joints feel hot, tender and look dusty red or bruised

I've recently got injured on basketball and since then I keep on feeling those things. At first I thought it was only a slight bruised or something but I'm on my 2nd week and still the same injuries.

Go see a chiropractor.  They know best.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

carnivore

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2010, 08:38:45 pm »
Hugh purine food do not directly cause gout. It could be correlation, so some other factors are important.
Maybe to little carbs (all sorts of berries and pears are great), not enough water, sedentary lifestyle?

The diet was too high in purine and protein. Too much acid for my body to eliminate.

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2010, 10:24:09 pm »
I thought gout was just another term for 'Chronic Inflammation'? Which would include acne. Lots of people find they stop their chronic inflammation by not eating carbs. Liver and Egg happen to both contain carbs(above trace...), though in much smaller amounts than fruit.
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

carnivore

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2010, 10:29:40 pm »
I thought gout was just another term for 'Chronic Inflammation'? Which would include acne. Lots of people find they stop their chronic inflammation by not eating carbs.

You mean refined carbs ?

Liver and Egg happen to both contain carbs(above trace...), though in much smaller amounts than fruit.

Fat (triglyceride) also contains carbs (glycerol).

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2010, 10:30:48 pm »
I experience gout-like symptoms (pain in joint and fingertip, inflammation) when I eat too much (raw) high purine food (liver, egg, etc.), despite having sufficient fat. So it's not related to cooked protein for me.

Frozen liver does this to my fingers, but not fresh liver.

Offline Hannibal

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2010, 11:13:46 pm »
The diet was too high in purine and protein. Too much acid for my body to eliminate.
It could be too much protein. But have you eaten berries, pears, etc. to prevent gout symptoms? Some fruits are excellent to prevent gout. More vitamin C also helps (blackcurrant and Rosa Canina are very good).
http://www.goutpal.com/foods-for-gout.html
http://ezinearticles.com/?Eating-Healthy---The-Best-Gout-Home-Remedy&id=908392

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2010, 12:27:16 am »
No Carnivore, any carbs =/
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

alphagruis

« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2010, 01:09:32 am »

GS, in your very interesting blog you advocate the use of tea made with avocado leaves or possibly other plant parts. In principle this is usually prepared at boiling water temperatures or so. Isn't there any concern with possibly heat generated  toxic compounds?

carnivore

« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2010, 12:02:32 am »

High purine food can cause gout symptoms for people with high blood uric acid level.

http://www.best-gout-remedies.com/low-purine-gout-diet.html :
"Nevertheless, a low purine gout diet is important. It may reduce blood levels of uric acid by 1-2mg/DL. In some cases this would be enough to be a natural cure for gout. "

I have a pretty high blood uric acid (60mg/dl whatever my diet). Herring for example makes my urine burn if I eat a lot. Each time I eat a lot of liver, gout symptoms return.

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2010, 07:10:31 am »
No Carnivore, any carbs =/

When I got my gout attack I had been eating refined carbs (white rice) for a while with no gout.  When I tried cooked meat I got the attack.  Maybe it was a combination of having eatenwhite rice perhaps the day before.

use of tea made with avocado leaves or possibly other plant parts. In principle this is usually prepared at boiling water temperatures or so. Isn't there any concern with possibly heat generated  toxic compounds?

I drank herbal teas occasionally with no problem that I noticed.  I was told avocado leaf tea is strengthening.  Yes, cooked meat cause the problem I described below.

High purine food can cause gout symptoms for people with high blood uric acid level.

http://www.best-gout-remedies.com/low-purine-gout-diet.html :
"Nevertheless, a low purine gout diet is important. It may reduce blood levels of uric acid by 1-2mg/DL. In some cases this would be enough to be a natural cure for gout. "

I have a pretty high blood uric acid (60mg/dl whatever my diet). Herring for example makes my urine burn if I eat a lot. Each time I eat a lot of liver, gout symptoms return.

Liver, herring, eggs, sounds like Vitamin D foods...I did not eat the (cooked) meat again, and the gout went away not to return.

It could be too much protein. But have you eaten berries, pears, etc. to prevent gout symptoms? Some fruits are excellent to prevent gout. More vitamin C also helps (blackcurrant and Rosa Canina are very good).
http://www.goutpal.com/foods-for-gout.html
http://ezinearticles.com/?Eating-Healthy---The-Best-Gout-Home-Remedy&id=908392

When I had the gout attack, I was eating less fruit than optimal at the time and less than I was accustomed to.

Frozen liver does this to my fingers, but not fresh liver.

The meat that cause my attack was (thoroughly cooked and frozen first.  Raw liver has never caused me a problem, but a preserved liver injection caused me agglutinations.

You mean refined carbs ?

Refined carbs at the time of my gout? attack did not seem to be a main cause at all, but I think it inflammed my stomach.

I thought gout was just another term for 'Chronic Inflammation'? Which would include acne. Lots of people find they stop their chronic inflammation by not eating carbs. Liver and Egg happen to both contain carbs(above trace...), though in much smaller amounts than fruit.

When I got an attack of gout, I had no acne for years (the occasional blackhead only).  I had no liver nor egg for many years.  I did eat fruit regularly without a problem, but perhaps I did not eat enough.

I had a very active, maybe too active lifestyle.  I was mostly vegan, as I hadn't eaten anything from an animal in years.  I was in a desperate situation and needed food.  Someone offered me cooked meat.  I accepted.  I got what was described as a gout attack.  I had never had gout before.  My diet had been poor for months, the rice I ate regularly was regular white cooked with rocksalt and olive oil.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline Hannibal

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2010, 03:12:26 pm »
But if you balance the organ-meats with anti-gout food, such as all sorts of berries, pears, cherrries, etc. and with lots of water then I think that you'll be ok. Have you tried this?

carnivore

« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2010, 07:19:44 pm »
But if you balance the organ-meats with anti-gout food, such as all sorts of berries, pears, cherrries, etc. and with lots of water then I think that you'll be ok. Have you tried this?

I ate some fruits at this time, but maybe not enough antigout food, and certainly too much liver (with butter). It is clearly the excess of liver and other high purine food that trigger gout symptoms for me.

Offline Hannibal

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2010, 08:28:14 pm »
I ate some fruits at this time, but maybe not enough antigout food, and certainly too much liver (with butter). It is clearly the excess of liver and other high purine food that trigger gout symptoms for me.
I'm not saying that you should eat a lot of organ-meats. Maybe it's better for you to eat mainly muscle-meats with some small amounts of organ-meats. Additionally, more anti-gout fruits and more water would be helpful. IMO.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk