Author Topic: Hi, new to the forum  (Read 13153 times)

Offline nicolegreen

• Forager
    • View Profile
Hi, new to the forum
« on: January 24, 2010, 11:51:51 am »
Hello all. I'm new to the forum! Just wanted to say hi.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: Hi, new to the forum
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2010, 07:02:21 pm »
Welcome to the forum!
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2010, 10:15:37 am »
Yes, welcome! :)

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2010, 10:31:45 am »
Hello all. I'm new to the forum! Just wanted to say hi.

Hi Nicole.  What brings you to try raw paleo?
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline nicolegreen

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2010, 09:00:49 pm »
Hi Nicole.  What brings you to try raw paleo?

Well, about 2 years ago I was about 70 lbs over weight, vegan, had tons of adult acne, and assumed that I had been practicing the healthiest lifestyle possible. I should also mention that I was diagnosed at a very early age with childhood diabetes and had assumed that this would be something that I would carry around for life. A friend of mine who was at the time was a crossfit instructor introduced me to paleo nutrition and Zone dieting. Within 2 months I dropped nearly 20 lbs and I stopped taking all diabetes medication. I started experimenting in raw about a year ago and now taking my diet to 100% raw I thought that it would be a great idea to join a board like this because I actually don't know anyone besides people who are vegan/vegetarians who eat raw foods. I've had a hard time convincing my family that what I'm doing is healthy for me and sometimes feel uneducated on the subject when I get into debates with my mother in law and parents on nutrition. My husband has always stuck by me and first hand seen the transformation that I went through in the past few years. I'm really excited to see how 100% raw is going to effect me  :D

Offline Hannibal

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2010, 09:17:27 pm »
Have you tried raw meat?
Do you blame vultures for the carcass they eat?
Livin' off the raw grass fat of the land

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2010, 10:06:44 pm »
You are probably going to get even prettier, sexier, with a beautiful glow your husband will be all over you. 
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline nicolegreen

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2010, 01:31:32 am »
Have you tried raw meat?

Oh yes, for well over a year now. I haven't taken the plunge with high meat yet just because I'm a bit of a sissy. I've been around 70% raw for around a year now but I'm just now switching over to 100% raw because I'm noticing more and more being intolerable to cooked foods.

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2010, 01:42:54 am »
2 years ago I was about 70 lbs over weight, vegan, had tons of adult acne, and assumed that I had been practicing the healthiest lifestyle possible. I should also mention that I was diagnosed at a very early age with childhood diabetes and ...instructor introduced me to paleo nutrition ... Within 2 months I dropped nearly 20 lbs and I stopped taking all diabetes medication. ... great idea to join a board like this because I actually don't know anyone besides people who are vegan/vegetarians who eat raw foods. I've had a hard time convincing my family that what I'm doing is healthy for me ... husband has always stuck by me and first hand seen the transformation that I went through

I'm so glad you're here.  It's great to have lots of support that a group can give.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline Hannibal

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2010, 02:42:32 am »
Oh yes, for well over a year now. I haven't taken the plunge with high meat yet just because I'm a bit of a sissy. I've been around 70% raw for around a year now but I'm just now switching over to 100% raw because I'm noticing more and more being intolerable to cooked foods. 
All kinds of organ-meats as well? Suet, bone marrow? Fish, shellfish?

Offline nicolegreen

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2010, 04:19:52 am »
All kinds of organ-meats as well? Suet, bone marrow? Fish, shellfish?

Marrow yes, random bits of organ meats here and there. I haven't been able to find many organ meats other then china town in Philadelphia and most of the time they are questionable in terms of quality. Liver is easy to come by though and I always have on hand because my dogs eat raw also. I noticed liver makes me feel amazing the next morning when I get up, its so easy to jump out of bed no matter what time it is. I eat raw fish a lot but I'm still trying to get used to eating raw fish with bones. Shrimp is easy to come by and always a favorite snack of mine so now I constantly keep some on had. I tried scallops for the first time yesterday and was blown away by how good they are! Still haven't tried a lot of shellfish other then just blue claw crab, what would you recommend? Is there anything that should be looked for when your purchasing them?

Offline Hannibal

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2010, 04:46:00 am »
Still haven't tried a lot of shellfish other then just blue claw crab, what would you recommend?
I haven't eaten much of them. I eat regularly fatty fish, such as mackerel, sardines, anchois.
I eat lots of organ-meats - lamb hearts, tongues, liver, kidneys, spleen, eyeballs, testicles, veal brain.
I like horse meat, venison, goat meat.

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2010, 04:49:47 am »
I eat lots of organ-meats - lamb hearts, tongues, liver, kidneys, spleen, eyeballs, testicles, veal brain.

How do you recommend getting eyeballs?
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline Hannibal

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2010, 05:03:33 am »
How do you recommend getting eyeballs?
It's not easy to buy them. Once I got about 30 small lamb eyeballs and I was really happy. :)
Besides I always eat them when I eat fish.

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2010, 05:27:29 am »
It's not easy to buy them. Once I got about 30 small lamb eyeballs and I was really happy. :)
Besides I always eat them when I eat fish.

Thank you.  I know when they are slaughtering grass grazed animals around here in a few months.  I will have to get the eyeballs.  They probably haven't promised them to anyone. 

What other eyeballs are good beside lamb and fish?  I assume they're all good.  Do you know a place to find more dietary info on them?

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2010, 05:35:30 am »
Raw wildcaught oysters are a good option re shellfish. raw mussels are to be avoided until you're well into this sort of diet as their taste is very sharp. raw lobster if you can afford it is good(they refuse to sell it raw and dead, though, only live and raw or cooked and dead).
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Hannibal

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2010, 05:47:57 am »
Do you know a place to find more dietary info on them?
No, I don't. On Weston Price site there was some article amout eating eyeballs, but I don't know where it was.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2010, 05:51:31 am »
No, I don't. On Weston Price site there was some article amout eating eyeballs, but I don't know where it was.
I still have yet to try raw intestines and raw eyeballs. can't get them in the UK, and don't want to rock the boat by seeming odd to my farmers re asking them for some.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Hannibal

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2010, 06:04:15 am »
 I still have yet to try raw intestines and raw eyeballs.
Raw mackerel intestines aren't tasty. I don't think that lamb ones are so much different. 
But the eyeballs are quite good - I suck the ink-like liquid that is inside the eye membrane.  

Offline roony

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2010, 05:17:21 am »
Liver, kidneys, taste amazing with spices, or a spicy marinade ... makes muscle meats taste so bland in comparison

Liver is very addictive even raw

Offline Hannibal

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2010, 05:36:27 am »
Liver, kidneys, taste amazing with spices, or a spicy marinade ... makes muscle meats taste so bland in comparison
I eat them without any spices - they would definitely worsen their taste.
Muscle meats aren't bland for me, as I always age them 1-6 weeks. 1-week-old venison is delicious, 3-weeks-old horse meat is fantastic, but when it gets older (up to 6 weeks) it becomes more of the delicacy :)
I eat fresh muscle-meats very rarely.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2010, 05:38:46 am »
Muscle meats aren't bland for me, as I always age them 1-6 weeks. 1-week-old venison is delicious, 3-weeks-old horse meat is fantastic, but when it gets older (up to 6 weeks) it becomes more of the delicacy :)
I would love to do that, but there are issues with smells, I don't want to gross out other non-rawists who visit. Ideally, of course, we should all mostly eat aged raw meats not fresh raw meats as that would have been the case, IMO, in palaeo times.
" Ron Paul.

Offline roony

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2010, 05:42:44 am »

If you're tastebuds are still attuned to the narrow nutrition of cooked foods, spiced livers & kidneys taste amazing

Right now even thinking of eating kidneys without spices makes me gag, they smell awful lol

So far over a month old, aged meat doesnt taste that much different from fresh, if anything it tastes more bland .... lol

Offline Hannibal

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2010, 05:48:07 am »
@Tyler
Yeah, that's really a problem. But horse meat even when month-old isn't very smelly - I eat it in my room and my parents don't feel any strong smell. But testicles after 5 days could be so smelly that my parents would not be happy. ;)

Offline Hannibal

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2010, 05:51:57 am »
Right now even thinking of eating kidneys without spices makes me gag, they smell awful lol
Lamb ones are really toothsome. But some pork ones could be really bad.
So far over a month old, aged meat doesnt taste that much different from fresh, if anything it tastes more bland .... lol
Have you tried aged horse-meat? That's really delicious. Sometimes I gorge it like a wild animal. ;)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk