Author Topic: really red lips  (Read 8757 times)

Offline nicolegreen

• Forager
    • View Profile
really red lips
« on: January 24, 2010, 11:57:05 am »
I just went 100% raw within the past week, always following a paleo and 70% raw diet I didn't think it would be that much of a change but something really weird has happened, my lips are red. I'm not talking normal pigment red either. My lips look as though I have on bright pink/red lip stain or lipstick. They aren't chapped or dry, they actually are fine. I was wondering if anyone has experienced this because no matter how much research I do I can't find anything on the topic. Thanks.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2011, 05:12:53 pm by TylerDurden »

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
Re: really red lips
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2010, 12:54:58 pm »
    Not so much now, but much of my life my lips were that way.  It may be normal, and just different than you were before.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2010, 07:08:59 pm »
If they're not inflamed or dried out, the only thing I can think of is better blood circulation in the lips.

"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2010, 09:40:07 pm »
raw paleo is making you extra sexy?
i would only worry if they begin to crack or chap
when i used to eat pineapple my lips would swell up a little, pretty sexy and red and take a day or so to chap and hurt like!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! totally allergic :(

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2010, 11:32:25 pm »
I don;'t see how redder lips can be anything but a good thing for a woman, re appearance.(unless it's to do with inflammation, of course, but that's not the case, here). Now inflamed,purple lips on a man are quite another issue - decades ago, I was unusually rather allergic to certain chemical substances/deodorants(no doubt indirectly caused by dairy-consumption) and my lips for some strange reason once went bright purple despite my not using those chemicals in that immediate area..
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline roony

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2010, 03:42:58 am »
Probably detoxing some pigmented toxins, like lipstick embedded in your jaw tissue

William

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2010, 04:08:52 am »
It's Mother Nature signalling men that you are healthy.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2010, 09:59:27 am »
raw paleo is making you extra sexy?

Yeah, baby, yeah!

LOL

Offline aunaturale

• Trapper
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2010, 02:32:01 pm »
It's Mother Nature signalling men that you are healthy.

Kudos Will. The body has no need for artificial lipstick....
I wonder what other man-made cosmetic supplies women can eliminate
by attaining good health  ;)
"The more I learn what is a man, the more I want to be an animal."

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2010, 02:56:07 pm »
I wonder what other man-made cosmetic supplies women can eliminate
by attaining good health  ;)

One of the reasons lipstick ever started is because city people were trying to copy the look of healthy lifestyled people.

Unfortunately modern man is using cosmetics little by little more and more.

When I went today to meet new people, I showed my "best" by showering ("shampooing") with cold (unfortunately city tap) water and raw fertilized free ranged eggs before I went.  Do you consider cracking eggs to be cosmetic use?  Anyway, they said I smelled good.  I get this reaction every time.  One lady also commented today that smelling perfumes makes her sick and that she liked that when I hugged her, she couldn't smell any even though her sinuses were more clear than in a long time.

modified at _:41:01 AM
« Last Edit: January 25, 2010, 04:41:10 pm by RawZi »
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2010, 06:14:46 pm »
One of the things mentioned by older women who've been more successful at retaining their looks was that they stopped doing 2 things in order to stay younger-looking:- they stopped using makeup and they stopped exfoliating/moisturising their skin.
" Ron Paul.

Offline roony

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2010, 11:30:36 pm »
Hmm, exfoliating works wonders for me lol, it does open your pores like crazy tho

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2010, 01:34:24 am »
One of the things mentioned by older women who've been more successful at retaining their looks was that they stopped doing 2 things in order to stay younger-looking:- they stopped using makeup and they stopped exfoliating/moisturising their skin.

When I was vegan my skin felt too tight and like it was burning.  I needed to moisturize it every day.  Also my skin looked blotchy, so I actually looked more "natural" the few times I applied "foundation".  Eating high fat RAF my skin looks and feels surprisingly better.  My acne scars and most of my other other scars (of up to thirty and more years) went away too by changing diet.  Also the roughness of my skin becomes smooth instead if my carbs are kept down to very low.  Just yesterday I was told my skin looks tight (for my age I'm sure they meant) (and in a good way).  Maybe the older women learned the secret of diet, so their skin is better.

Offline nicolegreen

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2010, 01:41:23 am »
I have to say my skin looks better and better every day that goes by. The higher in animal fats that I consume that week my skin seems like it has more of a glow. Its amazing to be prescribed multi medications threw out your teenage and early adult years for acne and then a simple change of diet can clear your entire face in two weeks.  ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk