Author Topic: Any health problems that have come from raw paleo diet???  (Read 7228 times)

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Any health problems that have come from raw paleo diet???
« on: January 29, 2010, 11:26:13 am »
Hey just wondering has anyone had any health problems that have arisen from a raw omivorous paleo diet? Any regrets because i heard once you go paleo your body doesn't like switching back to cooked?
Thanks
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: Any health problems that have come from raw paleo diet???
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2010, 05:43:25 pm »
No health-problems as such. That is I had minor detox-symptoms once every few months for the first 2 years as toxins from previous cooked diets were expelled from my system. I also get such detox symptoms
 after eating a cooked meal, after which I feel fine again. I've been 8+ years on this diet and haven't had food-poisoning or whatever.

As for regrets, I'm partially regretful that I can't indulge in such things as malakofftorte, esimarillenknoedel and other dairy-related delicacies, but since those indulgences were based on addiction and not true pleasure, I'm not too bothered about it.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2010, 08:41:31 am »
I have noticed that some spots (melano) on the backs of my hands seem to be disappearing. Could be my imagination.
Cheers
Al

Offline ys

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2010, 11:33:54 am »
I have yet to see benefits.  After 4 months of mostly raw grass-fed products I'm still struggling to gain weight, reduce fatigue, and my gums are getting worse.  I am still optimistic and trying various things.

My sister started feeding her dog (6y old 130lb rhodesian ridgeback) raw organs and bones with marrow.  All are non grass-fed, from cheapest local grocery store.   Dog's energy level is the highest it's ever been.  I wish I'd get the same effect but it is not there yet.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2010, 11:37:07 am »
I have yet to see benefits.  After 4 months of mostly raw grass-fed products I'm still struggling to gain weight, reduce fatigue, and my gums are getting worse.  I am still optimistic and trying various things.

My sister started feeding her dog (6y old 130lb rhodesian ridgeback) raw organs and bones with marrow.  All are non grass-fed, from cheapest local grocery store.   Dog's energy level is the highest it's ever been.  I wish I'd get the same effect but it is not there yet.

It takes more than diet to regain lost health sometimes.

There is a time to fast, to be on liquid diet, to be on a temporary something diet.
There are tools for detox or other external tools needed sometimes.
Maybe if you told your story and your symptoms we can better help you.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline invisible

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2010, 12:19:23 pm »

You should try increasing your organ intake.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2010, 05:44:01 pm »
You should try increasing your organ intake.
Yes, it's commonly reported that increasing intake of raw organs speeds up recovery.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline ForTheHunt

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2010, 06:47:31 pm »

You must be doing something wrong.. I've gained 20 pounds since I started and my energy has never ever been better.
Take everyones advice with a grain of salt. Try things out for your self and then make up your mind.

Offline ys

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2010, 12:24:32 am »
I'm already having organs every other day with daily values of Vit A, copper, and iron approaching 500%, cholesterol approaching 1000%.  I'd like to be cautious and not overdo organs.

You must be doing something wrong.. I've gained 20 pounds since I started and my energy has never ever been better.

Well, that's the worst assumption there is.  You can't look at yourself and then tell others they are doing something wrong.   You can't generalize like that.  Everybody has unique bodies.  What works for one does not work for the others.
It is like for me telling an overweight person "If you can't easily loose weight you must be doing something wrong.  Look at me, if I skip a meal I'll drop 2lb right away."  See the analogy?

Offline invisible

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2010, 06:31:27 am »
I'm already having organs every other day with daily values of Vit A, copper, and iron approaching 500%, cholesterol approaching 1000%.  I'd like to be cautious and not overdo organs.

Well, that's the worst assumption there is.  You can't look at yourself and then tell others they are doing something wrong.   You can't generalize like that.  Everybody has unique bodies.  What works for one does not work for the others.
It is like for me telling an overweight person "If you can't easily loose weight you must be doing something wrong.  Look at me, if I skip a meal I'll drop 2lb right away."  See the analogy?

imo people aren't that different at all. We are all human beings with the same digestive system, only varying in the damage that has been done to it from modern diets. All people react well to a healthy diets. The difference is how well they can tolerate an unhealthy diet and losing weight is indeed possibly the easiest thing in the world to do for anyone with more than an ounce of willpower.

With that said...your situation is strange and I don't know what to recommend.

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2010, 11:40:55 am »
... You can't generalize like that.  Everybody has unique bodies.  What works for one does not work for the others....
Correct, which is why it's going to be hard for others to diagnose you and make recommendations. You know your own body better than we do and you can carefully track what you eat and observe the results, whereas we can only go by what you share with us.

Stephen Guyenet has blogged extensively about dental health, with focus on vitamins A, D3, K2, and the minerals calcium and magnesium. Have you read his posts on this stuff yet?
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk