Author Topic: What about water temperature?  (Read 3049 times)

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
What about water temperature?
« on: January 30, 2010, 04:11:49 pm »
Hey just wondering are there any restrictions about the temperature of the water we drink that is supposedly healthier??? I heard something about cold water actually making animal fat turn back into a solid which is not good for your digestion?
thanks
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: What about water temperature?
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2010, 05:30:35 pm »
Well, I can only give my own experience. When skiing in early post-RPD days, I would still feel cold so I would get the hot water from restaurants but not add the herbal tea, and drink that. Hot water isn't changed much so is not like cooked food.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2010, 05:33:38 pm »
... I would still feel cold so I would get the hot water from restaurants but not add the herbal tea, and drink that. Hot water isn't changed much so is not like cooked food.

I agree, water is not food.  Did paleo people drink tea-temperature water?  I suppose on an empty stomach, it shouldn't do any harm.  I like holding a hot cup if I'm cold.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2010, 05:48:49 pm »
    I agree, water is not food.  Did paleo people drink tea-temperature water?  I suppose on an empty stomach, it shouldn't do any harm.  I like holding a hot cup if I'm cold.
I doubt palaeo peoples did this as they didn't have cups.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2010, 11:06:39 pm »
I know that cold liquids gave me gas and bloating when I was eating raw vegan.  It even took me a couple of years on raw paleo before I could drink cold liquids without digestion problems.  I suggest avoiding cold liquids.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk