Author Topic: Meat suitable for the tropics?  (Read 7047 times)

Offline Diana

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
Meat suitable for the tropics?
« on: February 05, 2010, 02:42:03 am »
I really wonder how suitable meat is for tropical areas. I got myself to eat 100 g fish, goat or lamb (all raw) per day. It is not my first choice, but I can get it down. An undesirable side effect is the heat it produces, even with this small amount. I have never been a meat eater so never realized how powerful it is to keep one warm, certainly a perfect food for Eskimo's, but what about the tropics? Does it not indicate it is probably not the most ideal food for a human living in these areas?

Offline Hannibal

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Meat suitable for the tropics?
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2010, 02:59:56 am »
What about Masai?
One of the most prized foods in Ethiopia is raw camel meat.
Do you blame vultures for the carcass they eat?
Livin' off the raw grass fat of the land

alphagruis

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2010, 03:06:31 am »
I don't think that it's safe or even just meaningful to draw any conclusions from your apparently very limited experiment (in terms of duration). What you observe is most likely just a temporary effect.

Paleopeople in tropical areas certainly ate a lot of meat and/or fish and seafood and thrived on such diets. This is just a plain fact.

Tolerance of either high or low temperatures in particular thermogenesis is drastically improved on an appropriate diet which means a diet rich in food of animal origin. This is just another plain fact.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2010, 04:15:51 am »
I also have found that eating raw meat in my usual quantities heats me up too much when going to the Mediterranean in the heat of summer. I was assured in previous times that this would pass, but it hasn't. At any rate, I eat a lot of raw plant foods and reduce my raw-meat-intake accordingly, and then I'm fine.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Hannibal

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2010, 04:27:50 am »
In summertime I can eat even more fat than in witnertime and it's fine.
Do you blame vultures for the carcass they eat?
Livin' off the raw grass fat of the land

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2010, 06:37:54 am »
I really wonder how suitable meat is for tropical areas. I got myself to eat 100 g fish, goat or lamb (all raw) per day. It is not my first choice, but I can get it down. An undesirable side effect is the heat it produces, even with this small amount. I have never been a meat eater so never realized how powerful it is to keep one warm, certainly a perfect food for Eskimo's, but what about the tropics? Does it not indicate it is probably not the most ideal food for a human living in these areas?

I live in the Philippines and I eat some 1/2 kilo of raw meat a day plus hydrating fruits.  It works for me.  My ethnicity is mixed races.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2010, 09:19:13 am »
I also have found that eating raw meat in my usual quantities heats me up too much when going to the Mediterranean in the heat of summer. I was assured in previous times that this would pass, but it hasn't. At any rate, I eat a lot of raw plant foods and reduce my raw-meat-intake accordingly, and then I'm fine.

I was very hot, miserably so, in the record heat of the summer of 2007 here, but, one day, I ate an entire Dungeness crab (they're huge, up to 2 lbs) and suddenly, the heat didn't bother me anymore.  Even 98 F was quite comfortable.

I wonder what happened there.

Do you think you might be missing a nutrient or something, Tyler?

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2010, 05:28:19 pm »
I was very hot, miserably so, in the record heat of the summer of 2007 here, but, one day, I ate an entire Dungeness crab (they're huge, up to 2 lbs) and suddenly, the heat didn't bother me anymore.  Even 98 F was quite comfortable.

I wonder what happened there.

Do you think you might be missing a nutrient or something, Tyler?
 Not really, I eat raw grassfed horsemeat there as well as raw wildcaught seafood plus some raw nonorganic fruits and wild raw samphire. Unless some specific vitamin or mineral somehow blocks off the heat, I tend to be somewhat sceptical of the Stefansson notion that eating meat is OK in the tropics. Of course, there may simply be individual differences re heat-/cold-intolerance.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2010, 05:29:50 pm by TylerDurden »
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline invisible

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2010, 05:52:46 am »
Meat shouldn't raise body temperature...should lower it. Carbs stimulate greater thyroid and metabolic activity. That is the case when in ketosis anyway.

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2010, 08:39:00 am »
I would tend to think that eating meat is similar to any other food decision.
If you eat food that is from your local area then the immune system of that plant/animal has been geared up to operate in that climate and so it will transfer this attribute to yourself.
Obviously this concept has limitations or eating seafood would be problematic : ) however...

Same goes for meat if you eat large slow moving animal meat like a cow for instance, you should tend towards taking on the cows characteristics... heavy, slow moving, quiet. Whereas if you eat goat you will  take on the aspects of lightness etc. Not sure if it will make you horny.... (get it, goats have horns)

The easiest way to explain this is that tea grows well in Ceylon. Ceylon is very damp and rainy so the immune system of the tea plant has evolved to thrive in this very damp climate by being good at getting rid of water to prevent rotting. So by drinking the tea from Ceylon this inner intelligence is transferred to the drinker by encouraging getting rid of liquid (urine) . Tea is a diuretic.
Cheers
Al

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk