Author Topic: Greetings from Middle Tennessee. :)  (Read 2158 times)

Offline xnadam

• Forager
    • View Profile
Greetings from Middle Tennessee. :)
« on: February 07, 2010, 02:14:52 pm »
Hiya everyone. :)

I came across this board a couple weeks ago while searching for instructions on making pemmican. Many, many kudos to Lex for creating such an awesome guide. The jerky drier guide was excellent, too; it works like a charm.

At any rate, I became interested in VLC/ZC after reading Good Calories Bad Calories. That book pretty much shifted my entire paradigm as far as nutrition goes.

I've decided to experiment on myself and try a pemmican-only diet. I was lucky enough to find a ranch that's both grassfed and finished relatively close to where I live, so I can't wait for my order to get here.

Anywho, I've lurked enough and figured I should stop in and say hi and thank you all for your contributions here.

I look forward to being a part of this community. :)

Regards,
Adam
"Clearly, I lack arrogance as that would be a flaw." Red Mage, 8-Bit Theater

William

Re: Greetings from Middle Tennessee. :)
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2010, 04:26:10 pm »
Welcome, and as an experienced pemmicaneer, note that enough tallow is important. See Lex's blog for that, and you might want to read the pemmican thread at zeroinginonhealth.com

Offline xnadam

• Forager
    • View Profile
Re: Greetings from Middle Tennessee. :)
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2010, 05:18:31 pm »
Hi hi William. :)

Thanks for the welcome and the information. I've been reading through Lex's journal; I find it fascinating.

Hell, I find this entire forum to be fascinating. It's about all I've read the past week or so. Looks like I'll have to lurk around the ZIOH pemmican thread a bit, too.

- A.
"Clearly, I lack arrogance as that would be a flaw." Red Mage, 8-Bit Theater

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk