Author Topic: I keep reading possibly crazy zc stories???  (Read 7430 times)

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
I keep reading possibly crazy zc stories???
« on: February 14, 2010, 03:38:52 pm »
I keep reading different thread and posts that keep saying that a lot of people are very sensitive to fruits and vegetables and they cant eat any raw plant matter at all without sensitivity issues. Why are some people on raw paleo and zc raw paleo so sensitive to plant matter? There is no way that human beings legitimately ate 0% plant matter? Anyone here whos no a zcer have any of these issues?
thanks
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: I keep reading possibly crazy zc stories???
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2010, 07:48:01 pm »
Actually, the vast majority of omnivorous rawpalaeos have no problems whatsoever with raw fruit. There is a tiny minority of people who simulatenously can't handle any raw fruits and who can't handle raw zero-carb either.

The problem is simple:- most people become RVAFers simply because their health has been almost completely ruined while on other diets. Usually, most of us have tried every other possible dietary combination from cooked-palaeo to Atkins to raw vegan etc.etc. The result is that we invariably have serious digestive issues at the very start of rawpalaeo, and some people(likely the ones who've indulged in refined carbs to a greater extent than others pre-rawpalaeodiet) will not be able to handle any carbs at all. Others like me are unable to handle any cooked animal foods(especially cooked animal fat), due to our own particular health-issues pre-RPD diet. While RPD can cure issues, some tendencies can remain - for example, I don't react as badly on an immediate level to cooked animal foods as I did at the start of the diet, but if I continued with its consumption, I would eventually end up with the same problems I had before the RPD diet.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

djr_81

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2010, 09:05:21 pm »
I'm like that Kurite.
On my last panel of blood serum food allergy testing every single vegetable they tested, except strangely bell peppers, was a positive. This test was done in 2006 and I've been eliminating more and more fruits and vegetables since then as I've noticed problems with them.
My personal observation is that my issue, including developing my food allergies, is as a result of a systemic Candida overgrowth. I'm hoping that after enough time eating "ZC" I'll be able to reincorporate a small amount of carbs but given my recent reaction to a large amount of liver I've got a long way to go. :(

William

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2010, 02:09:12 am »
Why are some people on raw paleo and zc raw paleo so sensitive to plant matter?

Because it is not food for us.

There is no way that human beings legitimately ate 0% plant matter?

Yes way. The constant mild euphoria of rzc is preferred to the drug-like boom and bust mood cycle of the carb eater, who has mood problems, brain fog, mental glitches etc. Tyler is a good example of this.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2010, 06:33:35 am »
Yes way. The constant mild euphoria of rzc is preferred to the drug-like boom and bust mood cycle of the carb eater, who has mood problems, brain fog, mental glitches etc. Tyler is a good example of this.
The sheer hypocrisy of your above remarks is truly breath-taking. But to be expected from a troll such as yourself.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2010, 04:02:28 am by TylerDurden »
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

William

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2010, 08:03:26 am »
The sheer hypiocrisy of your above remarks is truly breath-taking. But to be expected from a troll such as yourself.

What I wrote.

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2010, 10:35:42 am »
Tyler,  I would support Williams'  position about one's mental states when not eating carbs.  The ups and downs just aren't there.  Doesn't mean that 'we' don't process through our minds and emotions and the associated unpleasantness from that, it's just that the mental energy swings, blood sugar swings aren't there.  Before I would justify it by saying I haven't eaten ..... and have some fruit, or eat a meal.  But then, you are relatively young, and your blood sugar may still be quite stable.

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2010, 11:49:56 am »
I would support Williams'  position about one's mental states when not eating carbs.  The ups and downs just aren't there.  Doesn't mean that 'we' don't process through our minds and emotions and the associated unpleasantness from that, it's just that the mental energy swings, blood sugar swings aren't there.  ...  But then, you are relatively young, and your blood sugar may still be quite stable.

I haven't been zc, unless you count fasting for weeks on water.  I have lived for weeks on cultured grass butter and pastured egg yolks.  I have never checked my blood sugar everyday, but I have had 6 hr gtt's a few times through the decades.  It seemed no matter how much of their glucose syrup I ingested, my blood sugar was stable, never went up for a moment.  As the years passed, my blood sugar became well below normal numbers (70 and lower US).  Eventually I wound up very depressed and lacking any energy.  Eating such a high fat diet helped my mood immensely.  I seem to maintain a blood sugar level that is within "normal" range while eating almost all fat.  I'm a little scared of ZERO carb though.  I may need to try it though.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2010, 06:31:18 pm »
Tyler,  I would support Williams'  position about one's mental states when not eating carbs.  The ups and downs just aren't there.  Doesn't mean that 'we' don't process through our minds and emotions and the associated unpleasantness from that, it's just that the mental energy swings, blood sugar swings aren't there.  Before I would justify it by saying I haven't eaten ..... and have some fruit, or eat a meal.  But then, you are relatively young, and your blood sugar may still be quite stable.
  The trouble is that you're making sweeping generalisations. I and many others do not notice any massive blood-sugar swings which cause brain-fog or whatever. This has nothing to do with age as there are plenty of older RVAFers who don't have such issues with fruit-consumption(except possibly 100% fruitarians?).As for claiming that raw zero-carb improves mental calmness/brain-fog, I only experienced a small very temporary benefit in alertness(by comparison to raw omnivorous diets) lasting c.1 week in the middle of my rzc trials, followed by a disastrous ever-increasing rise in brain-fog,mood problems etc(the benefit was the same as what I got when I've fasted for a day or two at a time, so clearly raw omnivorous plus occasional fasting is a better bet than going raw zero-carb). At any rate, if I were to go by my own experience(and William's given his deluded/retarded claims of pemmican being raw /laughable Creationist claims etc.!), I could safely state that zero-carb, raw or cooked, leads eventually to brain-fog, mood-problems etc.
" Ron Paul.

William

« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2010, 12:33:43 am »
 I could safely state that zero-carb, raw or cooked, leads eventually to brain-fog, mood-problems etc.

Which is the same as saying that zero-carb, raw or cooked, leads eventually to the symptoms of high blood sugar. Sniff.

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2010, 12:58:03 am »
my inclusion about age has only to do with insulin sensitivity which for most increases with age, especially if carbs are the fuel source.  That is the only sweeping generalization that I made.  Any others were my own reactions.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2010, 04:03:41 am »
Which is the same as saying that zero-carb, raw or cooked, leads eventually to the symptoms of high blood sugar. Sniff.
  One can get similiar negative effects from different health-problems.
" Ron Paul.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk