Author Topic: toddler's suffering with severe cold and cough  (Read 12041 times)

Offline raw

• Mammoth Hunter
  • country chickens and lambs and wild bugs
    • View Profile
toddler's suffering with severe cold and cough
« on: February 26, 2010, 03:19:26 am »
my toddler's sick for the 1st time with severe cold. i took him to his holistic doctor yesterday when he was doing okay. after we visited the doctor, he was even coughing nonstop. three days before when he was caughing little bit, i put him in juice fasting. after that he looked like he recovered the next day until i went out side with him for 4/5 hrs without giving any liquid in his mouth. from that night he caughed ever more till he visited his doctor (where it went worse). after 3 days of simply juice fasting (little freshly made orange juice diluted with plenty of water, fresh pineapple juice with diluted water, celery juice and vit C , honey and raw ginger...etc only), i gave him little raw beef last night, and that didn't help. his doc gave him mullen blend 15 drops with respiratory blend 20 drops to put into hot 1/2 cup of water for 3 tms a day for 3 days. i gave him 2 times that already. beside that his doc also wrote for ivy calm which i needed to buy from health store, but i did not. his doc visit was great. he was playing a lot and he just got little red sighn in his throat that his doc said. but now his eyes even say that he's sick. i need to know what type of solid food i need to feed him (he's in raw paleolithic diet) and what to do for his further treatment. thanks to all in advance.  :'(
bugs or country chickens

Offline majormark

• Chief
    • View Profile
Re: toddler's suffering with severe cold and cough
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2010, 03:33:14 am »
3 days of juice fasting for a kid? 

Sound a little extreme to me.

Have you tried to cut the juices and only give him meat and fat?

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2010, 03:35:14 am »
 you might prepare and line up in front of him several foods from fruit to vegs to meat etc. and let  him choose instinctively. 

Offline Hannibal

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2010, 03:36:18 am »
It's of paramount importance to go through the illness in a healthy way and think about it as a very positive thing.
Do you blame vultures for the carcass they eat?
Livin' off the raw grass fat of the land

Offline raw

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2010, 03:41:15 am »
to majormark, yes, i know what you mean. i just gave him little meat last night and he loves it. i think he's caughing even more right after he eats that.

to van, i see most of the time he ask for orange and pineapple. but last night when i offered him raw meat (after 3 days of juice fasting), he loved that which didn't help him.
bugs or country chickens

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2010, 03:42:49 am »
i put him in juice fasting. after that he looked like he recovered the next day until i went out side with him for 4/5 hrs without giving any liquid in his mouth. from that night he caughed ever more till he visited his doctor (where it went worse). after 3 days of simply juice fasting (little freshly made orange juice diluted with plenty of water, fresh pineapple juice with diluted water, celery juice and vit C , honey and raw ginger...etc only), i gave him little raw beef last night, and that didn't help. his doc gave him mullen blend 15 drops with respiratory blend 20 drops to put into hot 1/2 cup of water for 3 tms a day for 3 days. i gave him 2 times that already. beside that his doc also wrote for ivy calm which i needed to buy from health store, but i did not. his doc visit was great. he was playing a lot and he just got little red sighn in his throat that his

When I got a cold three years ago, it didn't go away fast, but I feel I did "the right thing".  I drank a mixture of blended lemon, unheated honey and bragg's vinegar each morning, and i ate only moisturizing formular three meals per day (butter/cream, honey, eggs, lemon).  It was very soothing for throat and cough and tummy.  If I needed anything else any time of day I'd have a little (raw gras...) cultured cream.

Mullein can be great at times.  Can you get linden?  I think it may work better for him.  What kind of Vitamin C are you giving him?

I don't think he needs green juices right now or sweet pineapple.  I'm not there though, so I don't know.

Remember to eat and enjoy what you want him to eat if you can.  It is encouraging.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline raw

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2010, 03:44:46 am »
It's of paramount importance to go through the illness in a healthy way and think about it as a very positive thing.
being a mom, it's very difficult for me to see my son's caughing nonstop.
bugs or country chickens

Offline raw

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2010, 03:51:15 am »
dear rawzi, what's linden and how it works? did you tell me that you also ate raw grassfed meat when you had cold? thanks.
bugs or country chickens

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2010, 03:53:42 am »
dear rawzi, what's linden and how it works? did you tell me that you also ate raw grassfed meat when you had cold? thanks.

I fasted for the most part from meat when I had a cold.  Having a cold or anything of course only grass fed, but I stuck more to cultured cream and cultured butter (unsalted) and more away from meats.  Maybe raw chicken might be in order.  Does he eat that?  Maybe a little raw organs too, like pancreas.  Idk.  Linden is a flower.  It's harder to find these days now that other things are popular.  Astragalus might be an additional thing to add to support his immune system too. 

Your toddler's organs are needing fat.  His cough needs to be productive and not hurt.  It's good that he is coughing.  His immune system is strong and trying to throw off toxins.  It is alive and well.  Don't just leave it.  Applaud it and encourage it.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline Savage

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2010, 04:03:36 am »

Fatty raw meat and water, nothing else. Sugar (of any kind) is horrible for your immune system.

The measure of how many organisms one leukocyte can eat in an hour is called the '  leukocytic index  ' (LI). It is a simple measure: if a leukocyte eats 10 organisms in an hour, its leukocytic index is 10.The neutrophils that we rely on to kill any invading bacteria and viruses form 60% - 70% of the white blood cells in our bodies.

They are generally much more active than any other blood cell. It can be disastrous to our health, therefore, if their effectiveness is compromised in any way. But this is exactly what happens if we eat too much carbohydrate and too much sugar in particular.

By 'sugar' I do not mean just the white, granulated stuff we serve from a bowl on the table; this is called 'sucrose' but the term sugar applies to glucose, fructose (fruit sugar), maltose (grain sugar), honey (a mixture of glucose, fructose, sucrose and dextrin).

http://www.second-opinions.co.uk/leukocytic_index.html

On that note, it’s important to remember the revealing study researchers did over 60 years ago. In 1938, the only laboratory animal that could contract polio by experimental inoculation was the monkey. All other laboratory animals were completely resistant to the polio virus, including the rabbit. The researchers could not infect these rabbits with polio -- that is, until they lowered their blood sugar in a way that also occurs in humans after they eat sugar. So the take-home message is that if you want to avoid the flu, avoid sugar like the plague.  Avoiding sugar is the single most important physical factor that you can address to avoid the flu.

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2003/12/13/flu-vaccine.aspx

Offline raw

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2010, 04:03:46 am »
dear rawzi, i just don't know where to buy a good organic chicken which is not grain fed. my pa farmer's chickens are grainfed. so, i never gave him any chickens yet. what do you mean by "cultured butter"? my pa farmer supply me his grassfed raw unsalted butter all yr round. i'm not also familiar with 'Astragalus" ...
bugs or country chickens

Offline raw

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2010, 04:10:31 am »
to savage, it's very interesting!! you're suggesting me at this moment i just only give him fatty meat and water? that's the only thing he eats when he is not sick.
bugs or country chickens

Offline Hannibal

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2010, 04:15:22 am »
I could imagine. Nevertheless you should know that it's good.
There are some good natural recipes for easing up the coughing - e.g. with onions.
The use of raw onion is valuable in a cough. This vegetable should be chopped fine and the juice extracted from it. One teaspoon of the juice should then be mixed with one teaspoon of honey and kept for four or five hours-it will make an excellent cough syrup and should be taken twice daily. Onions are also useful in removing phelgm. A medium-sized onion should be crushed, the juice of one lemon added to it, and then one cup of boiling water poured on it. A teaspoon of honey can be added for taste. This remedy should be taken two or three times a day.

Offline Savage

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2010, 04:27:24 am »
to savage, it's very interesting!! you're suggesting me at this moment i just only give him fatty meat and water? that's the only thing he eats when he is not sick.

Yes, that's the only thing I eat too, there are no magic healing foods, just the proper nutrition for the body and it will take care of itself. That happens to be raw fatty meat and water.

Don't force feed, but make sure he smells meat since appetite can be suppressed on RZC, make sure he stays warm so the body doesn't "waste" energy on heating, rest, warm/room temp water and low stress.

He'll be fine and start driving you nuts again as all kids do.

Offline raw

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2010, 04:36:47 am »
i agree with you savage. actually "rotten meat" i found this is truly a healing food for me.
bugs or country chickens

Offline raw

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2010, 04:38:05 am »
hannibal, i look forward with onions. thanks buddy.
bugs or country chickens

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2010, 05:06:31 am »
dear rawzi, i just don't know where to buy a good organic chicken which is not grain fed. my pa farmer's chickens are grainfed. so, i never gave him any chickens yet. what do you mean by "cultured butter"? my pa farmer supply me his grassfed raw unsalted butter all yr round. i'm not also familiar with 'Astragalus" ...

Maybe some other "white meat" then.  I don't think you use pork, as practically no one but me in this country uses it. I didn't eat any when I had a cold, but I would use it for a cold for myself now.

Ask your farmer if he cultures the cream that is your butter.  It may be that he already cultures it all.  Are you using butter marked Winter, Spring or Summer?  Cultured butter has even less carbs.

Astragalus is a Chinese Traditional Medicine herb.  You can get it in any health-food store.  It's not as popular as echinacea, but I find the two don't compare and the astragalus much more healthful.  Bulk or any brand should be good.  It doesn't taste bad either.

Offline raw

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2010, 10:18:30 pm »
it took my toddler just a day to get rid of coughing. only problem is now, he has lot of stool and loosing his weight. I'm little confused. he stays kind of hungry and eats raw meat three times a day. he eats little bit of celery juice in the morning and this is the only vegetables he eats. also some oranges he likes to eat. any recommendations?
bugs or country chickens

Offline Hannibal

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2010, 10:50:19 pm »
any recommendations?
Does he eat sufficient amount of fat?
How much fiber does he eat? All sorts of berries (not juice), including avocado would be good. 
What about some good clay such as Bentonite? I consider it helpful.

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2010, 11:13:52 pm »

What about some good clay such as Bentonite? I consider it helpful.

Terramin clay (calcium based rather than sodium based).  Make sure the clay has not been previously cooked.  The calcium may help with the vitamin D levels anyway.

Offline ForTheHunt

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2010, 11:59:05 pm »
Just let it run it's course.

No need to stuff him with anything, his body will fight it. Just make sure he gets what he needs.
Take everyones advice with a grain of salt. Try things out for your self and then make up your mind.

Offline raw

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2010, 03:31:48 pm »
hi, i always give him enough fat to eat. right now, there's no animal's fat left, 'cause, our grassfed old cows are extremely lean and absolutely no fat they have. so i just add like 2 tbsp of regularly unsalted raw butter with almost 1/2 pound of meat and organ. only fobours he intakes, when he eats whole oranges or whole fruits. today he t's taken coconut meat from his grandma and started eating that. i see that he lose his weight. friends, can you also reccommand the source of clay that where can i actually buy them? this clay thing is interesting. how can i feed him the clay?
bugs or country chickens

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2010, 03:53:13 pm »
If you are going to experiment with clay, you must experiment with the clay yourself first.
just a friendly reminder.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline Hannibal

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2010, 06:05:23 pm »
how can i feed him the clay?
Mix with water and let him drink it.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk