Author Topic: Couple of things  (Read 10008 times)

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: Couple of things
« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2010, 05:07:52 pm »
I've had to update the raw food myths section. Will add it tomorrow.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2010, 05:42:42 pm »
Well, I've uploaded the raw food myths article, though the links are not clickable:-

http://www.rawpaleodiet.com/raw-food-myths/

So tell me what you think.

As for testimonials, I think I should make it a rule not to include testimonials for people who claim to have thrived on raw dairy or pemmican and similiar non-RPD fare. It's simply that the majority of RPDers end up doing badly on such non-RPD foods, healthwise, plus it gives a very confusing message to newbies as I intend to expand on the anti-dairy articles already found there along with a massive article condemning cooking in general. I certainly think that such testimonials could/should be provided on other more suitable sites such as primal-diet-related sites/cooked-low-carb-related sites, as applicable.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2010, 12:54:57 am by TylerDurden »
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline ForTheHunt

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2010, 10:15:08 pm »
Tyler, that text is sort of a mess due to the links. Otherwise it's good
Take everyones advice with a grain of salt. Try things out for your self and then make up your mind.

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2010, 01:39:29 am »
"Another raw food myth is the idea that if something(ie raw food), then a lot more of it is even better."

"by their  American"

"diseases gained
during the Neolithic(http://en.allexperts.com/q/Anthropology-2291/Exercise-habits-Stone-Age.htm)."

I think the links are OK though.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2010, 01:47:41 am by miles »
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2010, 03:59:03 am »
"By their american counterparts" is correct terminology as the study is comparing the huge intake of seafood by those in the Seychelles to the much lower amounts of seafood eaten by the Americans. "Diseases gained during the Neolithic" is straightforward too as it's referring to diseases like Crohn's etc which only started appearing with grains-intake etc.

But thanks for the 1st correction. Very useful as it's embarassing to have words left out like that.
" Ron Paul.

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 16, 2010, 05:34:55 am »
um... "by their  American" there are 2 spaces(  ) between 'their' and 'American'.

There is a whole new line between 'gained' and 'during'.

Maybe it is pedantic, but since I pointed the first main one I figured I might as well put these smaller ones too.
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #31 on: April 16, 2010, 05:04:41 pm »
Not sure where "gained" and "during" are. Perhaps that blank line inbetween only appears when published. I think I've now reduced those 2 spaces you mention to just 1.

Anyway, I've added in the links, thanks GS for the info re this. Should be fine, now. But if anyone has any issues with the studies, punctuations etc. feel free to comment. Oh, I see I have extra spaces next to the links. I'll sort that out tomorrow.

" Ron Paul.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk