Author Topic: Why drinking water is bad.  (Read 12834 times)

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Why drinking water is bad.
« on: March 11, 2010, 10:25:39 am »
http://drbenkim.com/drink-too-much-water-dangerous.html
Just a note it pretty much says in the article that people with a diet like ours require very little water if any.
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."

Offline Ioanna

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Why drinking water is bad.
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2010, 10:40:17 am »
they weren't going to the bathroom!

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2010, 10:50:18 am »
The second half of the article is all you really need to read this post is not meant to be about the women who died from drinking 2 gallons of water.
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."

Offline KD

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2010, 10:58:39 am »
sweet refreshing legumes!

I think the greater controversy with water is whether water is a lubricator or a solvent
 and therefore whether to consume a water lacking mineral that is purified or a dense heavy mineral water. It is through by some that the cells are lubricated by fats, and others that cells that are toxic can't even absorb the 'living' waters in fruits and vegetables that healthier individuals can and thus will remain chronically dehydrated regardless of h20 consumption.

Something to think about, but IMO I'm not sure what I believe but I don't think intake can be simplified just to diet and activity.

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2010, 11:02:45 am »
Why not isn't that the most logical aproach?

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2010, 11:46:30 am »
I subscribe to the theory that humans are not plain water drinking animals.
I get my water from fruits and raw meat, raw fat and occasionally juiced vegs.
For extra fluid I like coconut juice with coconut meat, watermelon, melon, or lemonade with a touch of raw honey.

As a result, I avoid salt.

I believe if people eat salt, they need more plain water to balance themselves.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2010, 02:11:28 pm »
I don`t see drinking water by itself as harmful given that wild animals do so all the time.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2010, 03:33:08 pm »
I don`t see drinking water by itself as harmful given that wild animals do so all the time.
I don't believe it is either especially if you are an athlete which I am. However the recommended 8 glass of water a day is absolutely unnecessary for raw paleos and stressful on your kidneys, at most we need 2 glasses. When you see wild animals drinking water its a couple gulps and they are gone. They don't drink 8+ glasses worth.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2010, 03:36:48 pm »
I don't believe it is either especially if you are an athlete which I am. However the recommended 8 glass of water a day is absolutely unnecessary for raw paleos and stressful on your kidneys, at most we need 2 glasses. When you see wild animals drinking water its a couple gulps and they are gone. They don't drink 8+ glasses worth.
  I disagree. Wild carnivores are seen drinking a lot of water from streams. In my own case, my own water-intake varies considerably from drinking no water by itself just depending on raw fruit to drinking 2 litres of mineral water in 1 day. Plus,RZCers most likely have to drink more water than the rest of us.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline majormark

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2010, 04:36:14 pm »

I think wild carnivores drink it because they don't have a choice. They would drink vegetable juices or milk if they were to choose.

The water from streams is also different from the usual filtered water which does not contain bacteria.

Offline Hannibal

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2010, 05:02:43 pm »
They would drink vegetable juices or milk if they were to choose.
But it definitely wouldn't be natural.
The water from streams is also different from the usual filtered water which does not contain bacteria.
Yes, it does. It's so well known.
Do you blame vultures for the carcass they eat?
Livin' off the raw grass fat of the land

Offline Hannibal

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2010, 05:04:45 pm »
For extra fluid I like coconut juice with coconut meat, watermelon, melon, or lemonade with a touch of raw honey.
But it's available in your hot climate region. Not everybody lives there. :)
Do you blame vultures for the carcass they eat?
Livin' off the raw grass fat of the land

Offline ForTheHunt

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2010, 08:12:38 pm »
This is nonsense.

Of course we need to drink water, but only when thirsty.

My dog, f.x. is on a raw diet and he still drinks a lot of water and he is a very health concious dog :> Doesn't over eat and is a very lean and muscular dog unlike most bulldogs

Take everyones advice with a grain of salt. Try things out for your self and then make up your mind.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2010, 08:19:54 pm »
But it's available in your hot climate region. Not everybody lives there. :)

Oh so true...

I'm influenced by my old teacher to use as an alternative:
home distilled water + lemon / orange
Let it sit for 2 minutes then drink.
Home distilling purifies the water.  The lemon / orange structures the water to something the body can use more efficiently and not leach the body of minerals.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

Offline Hans89

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2010, 08:58:04 pm »
home distilled water + lemon / orange

Wouldn't distilled water take away minerals from your cells due to osmosis?
Why not use mineral water for making lemonade?
I make mine from mineral water, lemon juice and / or apple cider vinegar and honey.

Offline Paleo Donk

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2010, 09:02:36 pm »
I think wild carnivores drink it because they don't have a choice. They would drink vegetable juices or milk if they were to choose.

They'd also drink grapefruit juice laced with high-fructose corn-syrup until they were fat and dead. They'd do lines of coke as well if they could or anything else that short-circuited the pleasure centers in the brain. This is why, its not such a good  idea to look  at what animals do in the wild. Cue paleo phil and his great example of giant pandas and bamboo.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2010, 09:13:38 pm »

Only if the distilled water had no other nutrients added to it.
" Ron Paul.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2010, 09:31:10 pm »

Yes it would.  That is why you squeeze a lemon or orange in the distilled water.  You are now drinking lemonade / orangeade.

Why not use mineral water for making lemonade?

Because the "minerals" in mineral water are all INORGANIC, eventually loading up your kidneys in your old age. 

While the minerals in lemonade / orangade / watermelon / coconuts are organic minerals.  Kidneys are kept healthy.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2010, 10:06:46 pm »
There I would have to disagree. Mineral water from natural springs and its minerals are high quality, and far more natural than fruit juices however raw or organic. Same goes for raw wild game meats which are far superior to any organic-labelled raw meats by comparison.
" Ron Paul.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2010, 11:12:00 pm »
There I would have to disagree. Mineral water from natural springs and its minerals are high quality, and far more natural than fruit juices however raw or organic. Same goes for raw wild game meats which are far superior to any organic-labelled raw meats by comparison.

Maybe there is a threshold of PPM of minerals and their composition in good mineral water.
I myself drink from fresh mountain spring water on provincial trips and consider it a treat.
Maybe if I lived near mountain springs that fresh mineral water would be part of our supplemental water.

I have doubts with bottled mineral water.

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2010, 08:34:46 am »
... its not such a good  idea to look  at what animals do in the wild. Cue paleo phil and his great example of giant pandas and bamboo.
Thanks. It's true that we shouldn't eat something just because a wild animal does (unless you want to be fat and sleepy and poop a lot like a panda, I suppose :D ). However, we should look at the wild animals because of what they can teach us (such as that just because Stone Agers ate something for hundreds of thousands of years doesn't mean humans are necessarily any more adapted to it than giant pandas are to bamboo). So we need to look at BOTH the wilderness examples (animal and human) AND human physiology, morphology, etc. Maybe the advocates of cooked meats/fats are right, but I prefer to err on the side of caution, follow the example of all other animals, and not complicate my life with lots of cooking just because it might possibly be safe to do so. Others may decide they prefer cooked foods enough to deal with the complication and potential risk. I occasionally eat cooked meats, but not because I think it's healthier to do so than eating them raw.
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline ForTheHunt

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2010, 12:03:10 am »
Drinking water is not bad and saying so is moronic. This thread is ridicoulus.
Take everyones advice with a grain of salt. Try things out for your self and then make up your mind.

Offline KD

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2010, 12:22:01 am »
while one can argue against GS here or the AV teaching on this stuff, it doesn't make it ridiculous. There are plenty of people who claim their digestion among other things works much better when not drinking h20, so while they very well could be incorrect about their reasoning, or it could be construed as a non-paleo measure for health, I don't think this makes them morons. Keep in mind the differences between spring water and even the cleanest of filtered water is in-fact totally different. The whole 'what animals would do in nature' argument if any is what gets rote/moronic after awhile, as it skips over quite a few variables and long term effects of civilization that don't have such obvious conclusions or solutions.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk