Author Topic: Why would high meat be healthier?  (Read 21704 times)

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: Why would high meat be healthier?
« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2011, 12:58:37 pm »
Do you guys know if exposing meat to the sun would be better or worse than the high meat you make in jars in the fridge? Seems like it would be a much faster and easier, though smellier way to get it done.
It should be the same , only faster in appearance.I've only done it a few times, but it seemed to take only 1 week, no more, for me.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline MaximilianKohler

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2011, 03:37:42 pm »
put the jars with the meat in it outside in the sun? or just put the meat on a plate and put that outside in the sun?

because depending on where you live(how dry it is) if you put the meat on a plate or something out in the sun it would most likely dry rather then get high.

@actup do you live in phoenix area? because the butcher here I get my meat from says there's another guy who gets organ meats from them and eats raw.

@Ioanna I keep my high meat in glass jars and air them out twice a week, and the rest of my meat I keep open air(causes the outside to dry and both keeps & tastes better) - either fridge or room temp(fridge mainly if I'm thinking there might be roaches around, but most things taste better at room temp). I've been eating a lot of raw cheese recently and noticed that this one kind I got didn't taste good at fridge temp at all but tastes much much better at room temp.

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2011, 10:07:23 pm »
The Eskimos eat pufa-rich high-meat in the form of raw fish and raw whale/seal, yet seem to thrive on it. I'm not a fan of anti-PUFA theories, myself, as,  while the scientific claims look great on the surface, in  the real world they tend to come apart due to opposed anecdotal reports from RPDers.
Just a point here which is off topic and maybe not necessary, but to some people may be important.

Eskimo means "raw meat eater" in the Inuit language. In the past this was intended as an insult funnily enough, but on this forum it takes on a different meaning as all of us are Eskimos in that sense.

Just be aware of this sensitivity that people may have.
Cheers
Al

Offline laterade

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2011, 10:49:19 am »
@actup do you live in phoenix area? because the butcher here I get my meat from says there's another guy who gets organ meats from them and eats raw.
Yes! I'm in the valley.
If Paul or Phil told you that, then they are most likely speaking of me.

Offline MaximilianKohler

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 14, 2011, 12:38:47 pm »
haha cool ^_^

Offline raw

• Mammoth Hunter
  • country chickens and lambs and wild bugs
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2011, 02:37:50 am »
@ magnetic, the problem is all these reaserchers looking this rotten meat  -v as a danger for human consuption. The only thing they're interested how to use these good bacteria making drugs. I take a look high meat under a microscope, the color of these bacterias like rainbow.
bugs or country chickens

Offline MaximilianKohler

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2011, 07:42:15 am »
Just for you Donkey Kong, I will try leaving meat in the Arizona sun.
Did you do it yet? I put some chicken legs out but there's so many flies landing on it, I took it inside :/
I know I'm not supposed to worry about that but ugh, I wanna shield it from the flies ._.  -only thing I could probably do is put a cloth over it but that wouldn't really be the same...
Maybe out in the wild I wouldn't care as much but these flies are probably feeding off & carrying all kinds of crap(I live in an apartment).

-but for the 15mins or so that it was out there it did just seem to start drying and bacteria need moisture to thrive so I doubt it would get high.

Offline laterade

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 17, 2011, 07:58:09 am »
Did you do it yet?
When I left it exposed it just dried. I am not a fan of jerky, so I just ate it.
The contained is progressing well, still not very high. It only gets direct sunlight for a couple hours.

Another thought...
This might work fine for incubation now, but the ground temperature will be able to cook the meat by next month if the jar is closed and the heat is not able to escape.

Offline magnetic

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 17, 2011, 07:51:53 pm »
@ magnetic, the problem is all these reaserchers looking this rotten meat  -v as a danger for human consuption. The only thing they're interested how to use these good bacteria making drugs. I take a look high meat under a microscope, the color of these bacterias like rainbow.

Well my interest is in which bacteria are the ones responsible for the healing qualities of high meat. It really doesn't matter what the aim of the researchers is in this case, if what they are finding and identifying are aerobic bacteria common to meat that is exposed to an oxygenated "natural environment," then that is what I am looking for.

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 07, 2012, 01:08:12 am »
I'm all for ingesting large amounts of friendly bacteria.

But how sure is everyone that nutrients like vitamin e and omega 3's don't go ranvid from air exposure and being at room temperature.

I've red vitamin e supplements go bad if exposed to air. Also that the omega's for example in flax seed oil need to be refrigerated.

My concern is that the antioxidants that are supposed to keep the omegas from going rancid go bad then the fats do too.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2012, 02:18:37 am by TylerDurden »
Disclaimer: I was told I was misdiagnosed over 10 years ago, and I haven't taken any medication in over a decade.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk