Author Topic: Eletrical fields  (Read 13191 times)

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Eletrical fields
« on: April 19, 2010, 02:05:02 pm »
Hi
Just wondering what everyone thinks about the "dangers" of electric fields and if the jewelery that supposedly stops them actually does anything.
thanks
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: Eletrical fields
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2010, 04:20:53 pm »
For 99.999% of the population I doubt it's an issue. But there are some very strange, very rare individuals who do react to any kind of electrical activity of any kind. I have no idea how that works; perhaps a very few people can become hyper-sensitive to electricity due to some malfunction of the immune-system or something.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline needs_and_wants

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2010, 06:42:44 pm »
I used to get irritated and anxious when seated under tube flourescent lights in work up until i got moved recently. The computer monitors still affect me somewhat, as does my car if im in it too long, and also ELF power lines if im near them too long.

RE EMF jewelry, I have experience with the Q-Link and Earthcalm pendants. I didn't feel any improvement with either, although I do believe the earthcalm to be effective in some cases judging from others experiences. I have the feeling the Q-Link though is a scam. Im considering giving the Merlin Balancing Amulet a try based on a recommendation here, but am slothful to invest.
feel, beyond the limitations of the mind, through the eyes of the soul

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Opportunistic Carnivore
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2010, 07:08:54 pm »
Have problems with lap tops even with the wireless turned off.

“Integrity has no need of rules.”

Albert Camus

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2010, 08:33:28 pm »
Well, I guess I must revise my notion that it's so rare.  I still don't understand how one can become so hyper-sensitive to electrical activity.I presume that it is only a very recent phenomeon and only really started occurring in the 90s once people became particularly exposed to electronic gadgets.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline MaverickHunter40245

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2010, 11:25:15 am »
As an engineering student, I had to take two semesters of physics, and I can say that any claim that a piece of jewelry can stop an electric field is pure BS, and any person selling it and making crazy claims about greatly improved health, or even immortality, should be thrown in jail for quackery and false advertising.  The only way to effectively shield yourself completely from an e-field would be to place either yourself or the source (or sink) of the e-field inside a faraday cage.  Furthermore, an electromagnetically charged ring would more likely increase the e-field of anything inside it.

William

Re: Electrical fields
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2010, 12:35:53 am »
Basic physics tells us that electrical fields can and do affect the way our bodies work.
What happens and to whom and how much and by what form of radiation is a very new field of inquiry, already corrupted with disinformation, misinformation etc.

I recently did a basic science experiment to test this by drying identical beef strip in a Lex dryer (low to zero radiation) and an Excalibur dryer (strong 60 Hz field).
Result was that the pemmican made from jerky made in a Lex dryer tastes better, so yes, electrical fields make a difference.

Note that modern life is in a constant field of pulsed radiation varying in strength and frequency and other characteristics. Paleoman did not have to live like this.

Offline MrBBQ

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2010, 12:58:24 am »
I totally agree about pulsed signals - especially digital signals. Never in the history of Earth have lifeforms been subjected to pulsed digital signals. Dirty EM abounds and there's no telling the impact at the cellular level.

Also, mobile phone signals cause over-permeation of the blood-brain barrier - how's that for a payload on your carrier wave!
When hungry eat, when tired sleep - this is the essence of Zen...

Offline ryanwang

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2010, 07:37:14 am »
We learned this in Physics class that  the first generation exposed to all these electric fields and radio waves (talking about really exposed not minimal like when it was invented) haven't really hit the old age yet, so no one would really no if they can affect our health a lot or not. Some claim it eventually will, based on the fact that too much of anything would be poisonous to our body.

Offline michaelwh

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2010, 09:36:05 am »
I recently did a basic science experiment to test this by drying identical beef strip in a Lex dryer (low to zero radiation) and an Excalibur dryer (strong 60 Hz field).
Result was that the pemmican made from jerky made in a Lex dryer tastes better, so yes, electrical fields make a difference.

In Lex's jerky maker, 60Hz 120V alternating current runs through a filament (in the lightbulb), generating heat.
In the Excalibur, I would think that the same basic mechanism is used (current running through some kind of wire/filament).

Were the Lex dryer and Excalibur set to the same temperature?
Maybe in the Excalibur, the meat is closer to the filament than in the Lex-box, and that is why it gets more EMF exposure...

Have you tried drying meat in the sun? If your theory is correct, sun-dried meat should taste even better than Lex-box-dried meat.

djr_81

« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2010, 07:13:37 pm »
In Lex's jerky maker, 60Hz 120V alternating current runs through a filament (in the lightbulb), generating heat.
In the Excalibur, I would think that the same basic mechanism is used (current running through some kind of wire/filament).

Were the Lex dryer and Excalibur set to the same temperature?
Maybe in the Excalibur, the meat is closer to the filament than in the Lex-box, and that is why it gets more EMF exposure...

Have you tried drying meat in the sun? If your theory is correct, sun-dried meat should taste even better than Lex-box-dried meat.

There is a much higher amperage draw for the heating element and associated fan in an Excalibur than there is for the light bulb in a Lex Box.
I would assume the higher the amperage running through the circuit the larger the field but I don't have a strong knowledge of electricity so can't confirm this.

Offline needs_and_wants

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2010, 09:46:58 pm »
^^^correct, the higher the current the stronger the field.

i recently bought a gauss meter to measure fields around my house, and was surprised to learn of the very high fields emanating from my electric oven, off the scale (greater than 100mG) about 2 feet away. I've wondered if it affects the food i prepare but seeing as its such a low frequency at 60hz (much larger wavelength size than the food size itself) I doubt the effect is anything significant. its far better off anyways than using a microwave oven, where wavelengths are at closer sizes to the food particles, and therefore create more resonance altering the food much more dramatically.

William

« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2010, 12:20:47 am »
^^^correct, the higher the current the stronger the field.

i recently bought a gauss meter to measure fields around my house, and was surprised to learn of the very high fields emanating from my electric oven, off the scale (greater than 100mG) about 2 feet away. I've wondered if it affects the food i prepare but seeing as its such a low frequency at 60hz (much larger wavelength size than the food size itself) I doubt the effect is anything significant.

I thought so too, until I tasted the difference.
It looks like wood, gas, geothermal or solar are the paleo-correct options. Until then, the Lex dryer works well.

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2010, 12:01:51 pm »
what is the lex dryer?
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2010, 06:00:20 pm »
    I don't know if the jewelry works.  Is it magnetic?  I think you can work on repairing your fields by laying on the natural ground forty minutes a day in conjunction with a RVAF diet.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline needs_and_wants

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2010, 06:07:22 pm »
As an engineering student, I had to take two semesters of physics, and I can say that any claim that a piece of jewelry can stop an electric field is pure BS, and any person selling it and making crazy claims about greatly improved health, or even immortality, should be thrown in jail for quackery and false advertising.  The only way to effectively shield yourself completely from an e-field would be to place either yourself or the source (or sink) of the e-field inside a faraday cage.  Furthermore, an electromagnetically charged ring would more likely increase the e-field of anything inside it.
Did you study subtle energies and their effect on the human bioenergy field as a part of you physics modules? Id be surprised if you did. Ide say it will be quite a few years before this stuff filters down into the education system. Sure its not yet even recognized globally as a real issue..

djr_81

« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2010, 06:12:45 pm »
what is the lex dryer?
Look in the culinary section; Lex, a member here on the forum, has instructions on how to build a very inexpensive DIY drying box. It's essentially a cardboard box with horizontal racks inside and a light bulb hanging into it to give the temperature differential needed to dry out the meat adequately.

William

alphagruis

« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2010, 01:40:41 am »
Did you study subtle energies and their effect on the human bioenergy field as a part of you physics modules? Id be surprised if you did. Ide say it will be quite a few years before this stuff filters down into the education system. Sure its not yet even recognized globally as a real issue..

It's quite logical and even highly desirable that physics modules do not teach much about this topic. For very good reasons.

First it is not a matter of physics but rather of biology or perhaps biophysics.

Second we do not yet seriously understand the subtle effects of electromagnetic radiation at frequencies up to the infrared on living organisms. Mainly because we do not yet understand seriously the living organisms themselves.

The effect that is well documented is the thermal effect in particular in the microwave range ( the one emitted by mobile phones, WIFI, cordless phones ). A mobile phone in use "cooks" (a little bit) the brain or other tissues of the user.

More subtle effects certainly exist but are not yet well documented and thus controversial. A most likely one of great concern is the possible perturbation of cell membrane properties and blood-brain barrier.

Clearly these artificial electromagnetic fields are not paleo. Jewelry or other claimed protecting device certainly do not work. Just bullshit.

RPD certainly helps to limit adverse effects. It is wise to avoid heavy exposure (no cordless phone or WIFI, no need IMO,  mobile phone use with ear device etc..)

« Last Edit: May 07, 2010, 01:48:27 am by alphagruis »

Offline needs_and_wants

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2010, 10:48:46 pm »
I thought so too, until I tasted the difference.
It looks like wood, gas, geothermal or solar are the paleo-correct options. Until then, the Lex dryer works well.
I think I may have found an answer to this, today I preheated my oven and then switched it off at the wall just before throwing in my meat, i then let it heat in the ambient temp of the oven. worked a charm...

Offline KD

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2010, 10:56:55 pm »
not that I'm an expert on this, but wouldn't it cool down well prior to actually drying the meat?

the dryer mentioned above is pretty easy to make, but even at its highest temp I think still takes days to dry.

did you use a thermometer?

I think I may have found an answer to this, today I preheated my oven and then switched it off at the wall just before throwing in my meat, i then let it heat in the ambient temp of the oven. worked a charm...

Offline needs_and_wants

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2010, 11:31:01 pm »
sorry i should have mentioned, im only heating my meat out of the fridge, not dehydrating, i throw it in for 5minutes on low temp, as cold meat just dont cut the mustard for me..

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Opportunistic Carnivore
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2010, 08:27:38 am »
I would avoid Mobile phones and Wifi like the plague. I even think about my work collegue using his mobile in the work van. I can almost feel the radiation bouncing around the metal structure, he has the phone to his ear all day long.
“Integrity has no need of rules.”

Albert Camus

alphagruis

« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2010, 09:19:59 pm »
I would avoid Mobile phones and Wifi like the plague. I even think about my work collegue using his mobile in the work van. I can almost feel the radiation bouncing around the metal structure, he has the phone to his ear all day long.

A large scale experiment on the effects of microwave electromagnetic radiation on human brains is underway. ;)

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2010, 12:11:38 pm »

I like that.  Well done. I'm going to have to remember that. :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk