Author Topic: new to paleo  (Read 2720 times)

Offline brettie vedder

• Forager
    • View Profile
new to paleo
« on: April 28, 2010, 04:44:36 am »
hey there.  name is brett and i live in ireland.  just started doing the paleo diet with dairy.  found out about 6 months ago that i am gluten intolerant.  this is probably a good thing because it sorts paleo.  im pretty active.  i lift 3 days per week, 20 minutes of cardio interval training and walk the dog all the time.  ive been wanting to start this paleo for a while now, but had to psyche myself up first.  i have done a modified atkins before, and it worked.  lost about 15lbs but then got a nasty case of food poisoning.  the only thing i could eat for a week was toast, and then i just never went back to modified low carb.  the thought of that food at the time made me sick.  lets hope that doesnt happen again!

Offline Raw Kyle

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: new to paleo
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2010, 08:43:40 am »
Greetings. Are you looking to lose weight? What kind of dairy do you eat?

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
Re: new to paleo
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2010, 08:47:29 am »
Welcome Brettie, I have nearly 3/4 Irish ancestry and am gluten intolerant also. When I started a raw carnivore Paleo diet it felt like every cell in my body shouted "Yes!" joyfully.

Slainte!
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk