Author Topic: anyone doing leangains method with RPD?  (Read 8778 times)

Offline dsohei

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
anyone doing leangains method with RPD?
« on: July 17, 2010, 05:52:28 am »
www.leangains.com is really interesting me again. a year or so ago when i was rawish vegan, i absolutely couldn't understand his I.F. method, mainly because i hadn't experienced enough in regards to health and nutrition.
now, i'm looking at it again from a raw and cooked paleo perspective (and from being personally fatigued far too often)... the ketogenic thing, the eating window, the carb refeeding periods, pre and post workout nutrition... even though he eats some shwag cooked paleo (in my opinion) the results he and his clients achieve are amazing. of course, whether the people it works for are outliers, or if the results are short-term are other questions.
but the idea of eating being anabolic, and of caloric abundance being hormonally healthy... looks promising.
also been reading matt stone and his whole raising body temp and metabolism via eating mass quantities of nutrient dense foods...

theres always MORE isn't there???

Offline Salidroside

• Forager
    • View Profile
Re: anyone doing leangains method with RPD?
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2010, 09:21:35 am »
I love his method of a 16 hour fast, it makes a lot of sense and is very easy to fast for only 16 hours if 8 come from sleep. It tends to happen naturally in me, or if I eat a big dinner, or if I eat a very low carb dinner, then I think my body puts itself into ketosis much quicker.
I tried 18 hour fasts on my own, and I lost a lot of muscle, I was raw vegan however (beegan actually) SO I'm sticking to 14-16 hour fasts now, which is like waking up and waiting only a couple hours before eating. But I stop the fast once my mental energy starts to dwindle, i think this is when ketosis is stopping. After fasting for sometime after waking, say an hour, I feel an abundance of mental energy on occasion and I think that is ketosis .. .

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk