Author Topic: Raw eggs  (Read 6302 times)

Offline butters

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
Raw eggs
« on: August 18, 2010, 11:42:41 pm »
I take it there are only certain types of eggs which can be eaten raw. What are they?

Offline MoonStalkeR

• Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Raw eggs
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2010, 11:50:34 pm »
I went through loads of raw chicken eggs mostly organic, cage free which you should go for. Occasionally I regular and non organic but I didn't experience problems. The best kind is pastured. Otherwise focus on organic, cage free/free roaming.

I also eat raw quail eggs.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2010, 03:58:57 am »

I find raw quail eggs the 2nd-best raw eggs  - only raw goose eggs are better, IMO.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline butters

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2010, 04:08:05 am »
I went through loads of raw chicken eggs mostly organic, cage free which you should go for. Occasionally I regular and non organic but I didn't experience problems. The best kind is pastured. Otherwise focus on organic, cage free/free roaming.

My problem is I used to put raw egg yolks in my shakes but i often got food poisoning. I find it very difficult to bring myself to eat raw eggs now.

Offline MoonStalkeR

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2010, 04:45:27 am »
I find raw quail eggs the 2nd-best raw eggs  - only raw goose eggs are better, IMO.

I found quail eggs to be more helpful than chicken eggs too. It's possible that most of them are already fertilized (along with goose eggs)?

My problem is I used to put raw egg yolks in my shakes but i often got food poisoning. I find it very difficult to bring myself to eat raw eggs now.

How many times has this happened?

Were the eggs organic. free range, etc?

BTW I usually eat only the yolk from chicken eggs unless there's no other protein available.

Offline butters

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2010, 04:49:19 am »
I found quail eggs to be more helpful than chicken eggs too. It's possible that most of them are already fertilized (along with goose eggs)?

How many times has this happened?

Were the eggs organic. free range, etc?

BTW I usually eat only the yolk from chicken eggs unless there's no other protein available.

They weren't organic but they were free range. What difference does the organic thing make?

Offline MoonStalkeR

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2010, 04:56:16 am »
Organic would mean no pesticides, growth hormones, etc were used(supposedly) and better conditions. Bullshit? Possibly, but I never got food poisoning from raw organic eggs from a variety of brands.

Offline bharminder

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2010, 05:36:09 am »
I would go for pastured eggs, if not for the quality and nutrition, then for the taste. Comparing a pastured organic Vital Farms egg with a organic Farmers Hen House egg about 2 or 3 times, the organic raw egg yolk always tasted bitter. The pastured egg was almost always a mildly pleasant taste that tastes good.

here is my chart from best quality to lowest quality in decreasing order:

pastured, organic > pastured > organic > battery cages

I'm not sure where I would put fertile eggs in there since you could combine it with any of the above, but pastured, organic fertile eggs would be the best. The best I can find is pastured, organic. So, I'm not sure if fertile eggs would be better than organic eggs, but I would think that pastured eggs would be better than fertile eggs. Eggs are good stuff, I don't recommend them as a staple because of the avidin/biotin issue(you can read about it online through google for example, there is a ton of info about it, also on this forum) but I think they are great.

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2010, 07:37:25 am »
If you eat unsterilised eggs, do you get an imbalance of oestrogen/testosterone(with not enough testosterone)?
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk