Author Topic: More About Women...  (Read 5980 times)

Offline Ioanna

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
More About Women...
« on: September 07, 2010, 08:12:25 am »
how necessary is menstruation?  It's very easy for me not to, though my doctor will threaten me with hormone (of course I would never, but the fear thing works) if I don't have it. So I eat more, it comes back eventually.  What if I did not have the luxury to simply eat more.. I'm eating plenty as it is!, eating more is an effort.  Is menstruation some indication of proper hormone signaling?.. or is not all that necessary?? My doctor will fill me with fear, I guess I'm just wondering if I should be scared or not.

This happens to one my friends sometimes too, only she was pregnant and had no idea until three months later after a car accident the doctor said "and the baby is fine too".  So it's not some indication of fertility as my doctor scares me into believing?     

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Opportunistic Carnivore
    • View Profile
Re: More About Women...
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2010, 11:14:12 am »
So your friend is also irregular like you and was still was able to conceive?

Sometimes I think eating as healthy as we do creates a whole new ball game. I just read in wiki that menstration was a rare event in hunter gatherers. Not sure why.
“Integrity has no need of rules.”

Albert Camus

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2010, 12:01:24 pm »

Sometimes I think eating as healthy as we do creates a whole new ball game. I just read in wiki that menstration was a rare event in hunter gatherers. Not sure why.
I know chickens lay eggs much more often in farms then they do in the wild due to high grain consumption. I wonder if there is an equivalent effect on humans.
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."

Offline Ioanna

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2010, 12:19:01 pm »

we used to train for triathlons together, and during this we'd both stop. and fwiw, we did the short/sprint distance ones, not like we were running marathons or anything like that.  we would do a long bike ride on the weekend, but swimming and running were all sprint workouts, then two days lifting (moderate) and one day yoga. 

I think if I weigh less than 118 lbs or so, I lose it... even if I'm eating high fat. I feel fine though.. actually I feel great.. energy is great and who wants to do a tri with extra weight?!?

But yes, my friend still conceived. 

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2010, 12:59:19 pm »
Maybe it's also a detox issue.
Since you are eating a clean diet, there's not much to detox.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline Brother

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2010, 04:29:40 pm »
Since you are eating a clean diet, there's not much to detox.

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2010, 04:45:39 pm »
I agree. Not everything is diet.
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2010, 05:19:27 pm »
The reason why hunter-gatherer women had fewer periods is simply because they breastfed for longer and had less body-fat by comparison to modern women, judging from other sources.

That said, I did come across another female rawpalaeo member here mentioning that her periods were significantly reduced in duration(1 day) and symptoms as a result of her diet.

Aajonus mentioned once that women lived longer on SAD diets as, because of menstruation, they were able to get rid of more toxins each month than men.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline majormark

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2010, 05:52:32 pm »

He also said that another reason is because they have more body fat.

Offline nicole

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2010, 02:03:36 am »
I can tell you that this diet has greatly improved my menstration. I used to have excessive bleeding and I would have fevers and feel like I was going to pass out. That was less than a year ago. Now its so much pleasanter. I only use 6 feminine product tops each time. I havent bought a new box in months.
Give it to us raw, and wriggling. You keep nasty chips.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk