Author Topic: How to develop the correct Fat to Protein Ratio  (Read 3688 times)

Offline Coatue

• Warrior
    • View Profile
How to develop the correct Fat to Protein Ratio
« on: September 07, 2010, 02:25:27 pm »
I'm having trouble setting up the right fat to protein ratio. I know the number seems to be 70% fat 30% protein but how does that look as a daily meal? For example, If I ate 1lb of lean meat would I have to eat more than 1lb of pure fat with it for the meal of the day?  I just want to get some ideas from people who follow the 70/30 ratio.

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: How to develop the correct Fat to Protein Ratio
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2010, 03:13:48 pm »
I generally just eat what I feel like eating. But lets say you eat a lb of 90% lean beef. Thats about 80ish grams of protein which equals 320 calories. Thats also about 44 grams of fat which is about 400 calories. So if you want a 70/30 ratio you should add about 300 calories more of fat which is about 33 grams of more fat. But like I said you don't have to maintain that ratio and make sure you don't get obsessed with it.
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."

Offline majormark

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2010, 05:55:49 pm »
I go with how I feel is right in the moment. Animals do the same in the wild. You don't see a tiger go "is this the right fat/protein ratio?", they simply stop when they had enough.

Offline Haai

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2010, 11:57:14 pm »
I quite like the taste of fat. Is it ok to snack on fat throughout the day, aswell as eating it with meals? Or would that be way too much fat?
"In the modern, prevailing view of the cosmos, we sit here as tiny, unimportant specks of protoplasm, flukes of nature, and stare out into an almost limitless void. Vast, nameless tracts of emptiness dominate the scene. Talk about feeling small.
But we do not look out at the universe; it is, instead, within us, as a rich 3-D visual experience whose location is the mind" - R. Lanza, Beyond Biocentrism.

Offline Josh

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2010, 01:34:37 am »
I made a spreadsheet to do this, but google docs no longer allows you to save a copy. If anyone knows how to export it they can have it.

Offline Coatue

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2010, 09:28:44 am »
Should the correct protein intake be around 45-55grams tops or perhaps 65grams daily for an athlete? That's only about half a pound. I read this and wasnt sure if that was enough protein to avoid becoming too lean

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2010, 02:33:09 pm »
As Majormark said. Eat unprocessed, unseasoned and unmixed fat once a day (or twice maxi) without anything else in-between until you feel that you have enough of it. You can eat muscle flesh or something else before or after – the same way to know how much. The needs for a particular stuff vary widely from a person to another and from day to day.

Francois
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline Josh

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2010, 04:26:56 am »
Should the correct protein intake be around 45-55grams tops or perhaps 65grams daily for an athlete? That's only about half a pound. I read this and wasnt sure if that was enough protein to avoid becoming too lean

I make it about 180 grams a day. 2600 calories, 70/30 ratio so 2600 x 0.3=780

780/4.2 cals per g = 185.714286

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk