Author Topic: Not excited by muscle meat lately  (Read 8867 times)

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
Not excited by muscle meat lately
« on: September 30, 2010, 07:49:21 am »
My instincts are changing.
Lately I'm not so into muscle meat.
I used to love beef muscle meat.

Now I seem to want the more nutrient dense: whole small fish, clams, oysters, liver, heart.

I once read that Iguana is not into muscle meat.

Any tips and ideas and explanations?
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline ForTheHunt

• Chief
    • View Profile
Re: Not excited by muscle meat lately
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2010, 07:55:53 am »
Follow your body's instinct. Your body cravings are always right. Once I learned to differentiate body cravings from mind cravings (which is usually comfort food) I started having some phenomenal success.
Take everyones advice with a grain of salt. Try things out for your self and then make up your mind.

Offline raw

• Mammoth Hunter
  • country chickens and lambs and wild bugs
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2010, 08:39:18 am »
i feed my toddler combining heart, kidney, brain, gland, marrows, tongue, eyeball, testes and sometimes extremely small piece of liver in one meal. if he eats a second meal, than i give him only muscle meat with raw butter. he's so strong now. thanks god! :D
bugs or country chickens

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2010, 05:53:49 pm »
I used to go in big for raw organ-meats because they were cheaper and I felt I needed them more. However, in more recent times, I seem to do fine as long as most of the raw muscle-meats I buy are very fatty. I still eat some raw organs but not as often as before.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2010, 03:14:28 pm »
My instincts are changing.
Lately I'm not so into muscle meat.
I used to love beef muscle meat.
Now I seem to want the more nutrient dense: whole small fish, clams, oysters, liver, heart.
I once read that Iguana is not into muscle meat.
Any tips and ideas and explanations?

It’s normal when we recognize that our body needs change with time. We may fill up a need for some particular nutrient(s) during some time, but once that need is fulfilled the food containing this or those nutrient(s) becomes less attractive for a while. Or we may need something else in order to be able to use efficiently the first stuff again and thus be attracted by it again.

No, I like muscle meat: I said that I don’t like so much beef, especially fresh, and I usually prefer other meats. 

Follow your body's instinct. Your body cravings are always right. Once I learned to differentiate body cravings from mind cravings (which is usually comfort food) I started having some phenomenal success.

Yes, that’s it. Our mind cravings are usually based on our memory of the pleasure we had eating something in the past. But as our real needs may have changed during the interval, the stuff we crave for may not be what we need at the moment. Therefore, we better check our immediate body needs by our smell and taste senses.

Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline yuli

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2010, 01:47:07 am »
That's exactly why I am trying to be very careful with fruits now.
With raw meats my body always tells me when I have had enough or what kind of meat I want.
Where with fruits, especially sweet ones, I tend to start overeating them till I feel sick...so now when I want sweet fruit I try to wait it out as long as possible to see if I really want it, or if its my brain from years being trained to SAD telling me to eat sweets because I am not 100% used to raw paleo high meat diet yet :P
( I think for this reason I may cut out fruit altogether for the winter...and only enjoy the stuff growing in my yard in the summer. )

Lately I really love grass-fed beef muscle meat, I love the natural saltiness and texture it has, also livers and marrow bones, thats what I crave usually. Then twice a week I crave fatty fish like salmon or trout, if I can't find wild versions at the time I just eat the farmed fatty salmon and it still satisfies my craving. I never usually crave heart or kidney yet but I throw them in once a week for varieties sake and because they are cheap as hell!

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2010, 02:52:45 am »
Yuli, beware of farmed fish, it’s not suitable to eat raw and should be avoided! Why not sardines, mackerel, tuna or other wild fish?

About cultivated fruits, sure we tend to eat too much of it, so we have to learn to stop as soon as we feel we had enough, or even before. But I couldn’t do without any fruit…
 ;)
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline yuli

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2010, 03:09:36 am »
Yuli, beware of farmed fish, it’s not suitable to eat raw and should be avoided! Why not sardines, mackerel, tuna or other wild fish?

About cultivated fruits, sure we tend to eat too much of it, so we have to learn to stop as soon as we feel we had enough, or even before. But I couldn’t do without any fruit…
 ;)

I do try to eat wild salmon but sometimes they don't have it in the store, so only in those cases I eat the farmed. I know it has more chemicals in it but I just truly love raw salmon in any form, its my addiction lol - I try to minimize the farmed consumption as much as I can though.
I do love raw wild tuna, but that is soooo expensive to buy here (its all red tuna (yellowfin) here and pricey as hell)

I see a lot of wild white fish sold these days, what would you say is safest among these?
Cod, mackerel, sole, snapper, haddock, halibut, herring, bass, swordfish turbot....
I never know which one of those to buy, lol.
Which one of those less likely to have worm eggs? I once bought a sole and saw a gigantic worm in it ha ha, since then I feared eating white fleshed fish raw, but I want to start again.

I recently got my hands on some 100% raw olives, slightly sundried, peruvian, they are very unbelievably delicious, and they are considered a fruit I guess. Those I really love and don't ever overeat, maybe I should just stick to the non-sweet fruits like avocados, tomato, cucumbers and raw olives in the winter.

Offline Hannibal

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2010, 03:29:09 am »
But I couldn’t do without any fruit… 
Me too. I feel better when I eat fruits - they're my best source of carbs.
Do you blame vultures for the carcass they eat?
Livin' off the raw grass fat of the land

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2010, 03:55:50 am »
I've had pretty much all those re mackerel, swordfish, snapper, haddock  etc. etc. and I've never once had a problem. Sounds like the whole worms issue is way overblown. And even if you did get one, it's easily removable via drugs etc.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline yuli

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2010, 05:22:23 am »
I've had pretty much all those re mackerel, swordfish, snapper, haddock  etc. etc. and I've never once had a problem. Sounds like the whole worms issue is way overblown. And even if you did get one, it's easily removable via drugs etc.

Thats true, I don't think it would cause a problem, the only problem would be the mental image of the work in me  l)
I have eaten plenty of raw meat from very questionable sources before, I probably already have "parasites" and don't even know it, I already has salmonella twice and it just went away in a day and a half, so I may as well do the full deal and eat raw white fish.
Will try it next time...oh god...all this fish talk is making me want to run to a sashimi place and order 30 pieces of butterfish...can't...must....save...money....lol

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2010, 02:39:13 am »
I do try to eat wild salmon but sometimes they don't have it in the store, so only in those cases I eat the farmed. I know it has more chemicals in it but I just truly love raw salmon in any form, its my addiction lol - I try to minimize the farmed consumption as much as I can though.

It’s not only a problem of chemicals, but those farmed salmon are fed with heated or cooked industrial fodder. When I bean eating all raw, I was unaware  it’s a significant problem and I ate farmed salmon quite often. But I soon noticed that a salmon smell came out from between my feet fingers! Nothing of that sort happened with wild salmon.

I do love raw wild tuna, but that is soooo expensive to buy here (its all red tuna (yellowfin) here and pricey as hell)

Here in France it’s no so expensive, but getting scarce and hard to find. Today I went to a couple of supermarkets to buy some, but there was none. Then at the town market’s fishmonger there remained only two tuna’s heads, so I walked to a third supermarket nearby, but to no avail… I came back to the fishmonger and ask her how much she would sell off those heads. She said 1 Euro each… they were big and I got enough for my dinner out of it, plus the leftover made my hens and ducks happy!

I see a lot of wild white fish sold these days, what would you say is safest among these?
Cod, mackerel, sole, snapper, haddock, halibut, herring, bass, swordfish turbot....
I never know which one of those to buy, lol.
Which one of those less likely to have worm eggs? I once bought a sole and saw a gigantic worm in it ha ha, since then I feared eating white fleshed fish raw, but I want to start again.

As I said elsewhere, in soon 24 years of raw paleo diet (instinco), I never noticed any parasite infestation, even that I've eaten a lot of fish. I just avoid farmed fish and fish from too polluted water s (most lakes and rivers, Baltic see, catfish).

I recently got my hands on some 100% raw olives, slightly sundried, peruvian, they are very unbelievably delicious, and they are considered a fruit I guess. Those I really love and don't ever overeat, maybe I should just stick to the non-sweet fruits like avocados, tomato, cucumbers and raw olives in the winter.

??? It’s really funny because I was just eating raw olives when you posted this… and I was also craving for tuna fish as I only had wild boar as a RAF for several days. I often wonder about the roots of coincidence – a very interesting book, indeed.

Francois

Offline yuli

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2010, 04:23:02 am »
??? It’s really funny because I was just eating raw olives when you posted this… and I was also craving for tuna fish as I only had wild boar as a RAF for several days. I often wonder about the roots of coincidence – a very interesting book, indeed.

I have never read that but it looks pretty interesting, I do believe that coincidences are psychic events, and many times I have known something will happen and it does or have thought of that very something right before it happened, just little things, could very well be our psychic abilities. I'll check it out.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk