Author Topic: Blood - its soo good, but how good?  (Read 7879 times)

Offline yuli

• Chief
    • View Profile
Blood - its soo good, but how good?
« on: October 20, 2010, 02:13:58 pm »
I buy stew chunks of fresh grass-finished beef in small bags and when I take the chunks out the bag has lots or dark rich blood. I pour the blood into a shot glass and drink a shot every time. The most delicious, rich, salty, amazing drink I have ever had.  >D

I know blood is nutritious and has good amount of calcium, for example wild cats get most of their calcium from fresh blood not bones (most often they leave the bones for the scavengers)...but I don't know the details, nutritional databases do not list fresh grass-fed beef blood as a food (how useless).

Anyone know the nutritional data for this? I'd love to know, from the way it tastes and makes me feel, its very super-duper.

EDIT: I also pretend I am a vampire when I do this, its fun, lol

Offline Hannibal

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Blood - its soo good, but how good?
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2010, 02:41:09 pm »
I've read the almost all of the calcium in the body is stored in bone. The rest is found in the blood.
Do you blame vultures for the carcass they eat?
Livin' off the raw grass fat of the land

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2010, 02:42:09 pm »
I find that the taste of blood from grainfed or grassfed animals is too bland for me. I do, however, love the taste of blood from my raw wild hare carcasses.

No idea re databases, I have never managed to find an entry for blood  in them.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Hannibal

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2010, 02:49:04 pm »
I find that the taste of blood from grainfed or grassfed animals is too bland for me. 
Once I tried the fresh blood which squirted from the sheep's throat - the taste was rather bland; maybe it's an acquired taste, I don't know.

Offline yuli

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2010, 03:52:27 pm »
I find that the taste of blood from grainfed or grassfed animals is too bland for me.

Really? Then I must be getting some kick-ass grass-finished beef, because mine is definitely NOT bland! I love that brand of beef but even more so its blood. The flavor is complex and deep, I want mooooore.

I don't know if the taste is acquired but for me it was instant love, I started drinking it and then I dream of it. Its one of the best tasting raw animal foods to me (mind you I haven't had sheep or hare blood maybe that is blander naturally) Maybe I am a vampire heeee heee heee

Offline yuli

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2010, 03:59:33 pm »
I've read the almost all of the calcium in the body is stored in bone. The rest is found in the blood.

Yeah but bone has a worse calcium:magnesium ratio and blood has the good ratio, and the ratio is whats important.
Thats why cats, who have an important need for this ratio to be balanced, should supplemented with eggshells and not so much ground bone, cats supplemented with only ground bone in their meats and no eggshells or magnesium or fresh blood still get problems. I can only assume its also better for humans too.

Offline Hannibal

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2010, 04:01:08 pm »
I started drinking it and then I dream of it.
You're definitely amazing. ;)

Offline yuli

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2010, 04:46:27 pm »
You're definitely amazing. ;)

hmmmm.....Sometimes I even amaze myself, but I would say the ratio of amazing myself to not amazing myself is pretty even heh heh

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2010, 06:49:35 pm »
Thanks for the tip Yuli.
Now I'm excited and would like to find a source of clean raw blood.
Maybe when I buy a whole goat.
I'll have to look for one that is healthy.

How much blood can you drink?
How long do you keep it in the refrigerator?
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline Hannibal

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2010, 06:57:58 pm »
The blood is very prone to coagulation.
That blood from the sheep that I was talking about squirted towards my glass jar and it started to coagulate right away.

Offline yuli

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2010, 07:37:14 pm »
How much blood can you drink?

I don't know I can only get two shot-glasses maximum after I do some groceries...I'd love to actually have enough to find out how much I can drink, probably a lot!

How long do you keep it in the refrigerator?

I don't, I buy fresh meat and when I open the package at home I drink it ASAP!

The blood is very prone to coagulation.
That blood from the sheep that I was talking about squirted towards my glass jar and it started to coagulate right away.

Interesting, I have seen 3 types, the coagulated one, the watery one which probably has lots of that plasma stuff and not much flavor, and the one I like, deep, dark red color and the consistency of maybe a light coffee-cream is best I can describe it.

Offline Hannibal

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2010, 07:49:27 pm »
Interesting, I have seen 3 types, the coagulated one, the watery one which probably has lots of that plasma stuff and not much flavor, and the one I like, deep, dark red color and the consistency of maybe a light coffee-cream is best I can describe it.
That deep dark one is probably a vein blood.
Mine was arterial one - lighter in colour and less dense than vein one.

Offline raw

• Mammoth Hunter
  • country chickens and lambs and wild bugs
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2010, 09:22:42 pm »
once i've asked my farmer to send me some fresh blood, he doesn't like that. even i offer him good money for that. i'd love to bland my toddler meal with blood instead of plain water. i do need access of my own animals to get the blood. i'm sure it's nutritious. probably one small cup will be enough to drink.
bugs or country chickens

Offline djr_81

• Hakuna Matata
  • Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2010, 06:52:32 am »
FWIW it sounds like you're talking about the juices in the meat yuli and not actual blood. Real blood will noticeably clot in just a couple hours time.
https://www.facebook.com/djr1981
As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler; solitude will not be solitude, poverty will not be poverty, nor weakness weakness.
-Henry David Thoreau

Offline yuli

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2010, 07:03:11 am »
FWIW it sounds like you're talking about the juices in the meat yuli and not actual blood. Real blood will noticeably clot in just a couple hours time.

Does it clot in an air tight vacuum baggie? The meat I get is packed like that right when its butchered and sold fresh, I buy it on the day its cut up. I'll try to take a pic. of it next time, and I'll keep it out of the baggie for a couple of hours and see it it starts clotting or not. The stuff I had looks way too dark and thick to just be all meat juice (I have seen meat juice and it was kinda different in consistency), it could be the juice mixed with blood, I have no clue  :P

Offline Arthas_

• Deer Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2010, 08:32:36 am »
Does it clot in an air tight vacuum baggie? The meat I get is packed like that right when its butchered and sold fresh, I buy it on the day its cut up. I'll try to take a pic. of it next time, and I'll keep it out of the baggie for a couple of hours and see it it starts clotting or not. The stuff I had looks way too dark and thick to just be all meat juice (I have seen meat juice and it was kinda different in consistency), it could be the juice mixed with blood, I have no clue  :P

The meat I get hold of just carries juice. Last time I bought some beef, I asked the butcher to save the juices from the vacuum packaged meat (7kg). I guess I got close to 300ml. It tastes so good.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk