Author Topic: The Rise of Raw but Not Vegan: Raw Omnivore / Raw Paleo Diet  (Read 4402 times)

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
The Rise of Raw but Not Vegan: Raw Omnivore / Raw Paleo Diet
« on: October 23, 2010, 10:49:48 am »
January 26, 2010
From the Fresh Network,

I think Shazzie's quote is the best:

Shazzie has been vegan for 25 years and raw for 10 but teaches that in order to be healthy on a vegan diet, it is essential to take the right supplements. In her 2008 book, Evie’s Kitchen, she lays out the nutrients which are either absent on vegan diets, or hard to get enough of.

“Of course we want to be compassionate to all beings, yet we can’t ignore the fact that our species hasn’t evolved to be 100% vegan. This means that if we choose to be vegan without supplementing (and especially raw, eschewing all fortified cooked products), we miss out on vital nutrients such as B12, choline, vitamin K2 and vitamin D (in some countries) and we may be low in all B vitamins, DHA, minerals and other nutrients. I spent four years researching how to have a 100% vegan diet that would work long term (ensuring no deficiencies) for both adults and developing children alike, and put the detailed findings in my book Evie’s Kitchen.

I did this because I want to remain vegan and I want the raw food culture to have every chance of raising healthy children – vegan or not. If you aren’t prepared to supplement yourself or your child, then you shouldn’t be vegan because the risk of deficiencies is too high. We are talking about more than vitamin B12 and it’s about time all vegan promoters acknowledged this for the sake of our future generations of vegan children.

I have spoken to many of the raw foodists who are turning to animal products, and the general consensus is they never had vegan ethics before going into raw food, it’s just that some people were shouting so loud about raw veganism that it appealed to their ideals of purification and detoxification at the time. Yet now they are aware there are other, non-vegan ways of eating raw food, they’re giving it a go. Quite often they haven’t been supplementing in the way I recommend, so the addition of animal products makes them feel better than being an unsupplemented vegan. Neither way is wrong, I just want people to be healthy and happy.”

For the full story go to http://fresh-network.typepad.com/fresh_network_blog/2010/01/the-rise-of-raw-but-not-vegan.html
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline raw

• Mammoth Hunter
  • country chickens and lambs and wild bugs
    • View Profile
Re: The Rise of Raw but Not Vegan: Raw Omnivore / Raw Paleo Diet
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2010, 11:58:37 am »
still the word "vegan" is man made word.  the man forces himself to be a fiber machine and to keep this machine smooth, he takes supplements... ! i do agree that vegan diet works for some people sometimes for short time. in Hinduism, the widows are forced to be almost vegan, so they can die quickly for malnutrition.   
bugs or country chickens

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2010, 03:23:52 pm »
Unfortunately, a number of raw vegans like to eat a little cooked animal foods rather than raw. Going for raw animal foods takes a lot more courage as there is such public hysteria aboout them. Still, most rawpalaeodieters are former raw vegans/fruitarians so I suspect that the RVAF diet community will grow considerably in the next few decades.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline turkish

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2010, 01:33:01 am »
i am a former raw vegan/fruitarian. Just joined this group, after bones in my body started breaking. Reading this forum for a few weeks, last week i fianally had my first bite of raw meat. Surprisingly it tasted good, so much so that now i cant eat cooked meat - an almost instantaneously transformation of taste buds. Not tried raw organs yet.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2010, 01:35:16 am by TylerDurden »

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2010, 12:16:02 pm »
@Turkish
This should definately help any problems fruitarianism brought up. Its great to hear you already enjoy raw meat. Definately try some raw liver.
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk