Author Topic: so glad this forum is here  (Read 13292 times)

Offline yuli

• Chief
    • View Profile
Re: so glad this forum is here
« Reply #25 on: December 17, 2010, 09:46:21 am »
If dairy is a such a great food then why is there such a fairly large percentage of the population(world wide) lactose intolerent?

Cause they eat shitty food and can't digest anything right...

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 17, 2010, 12:44:39 pm »
Perhaps there are mutant strains of human that can tolerate dairy and perhaps even a small percentage  of these mutant's can thrive off of dairy. I drank cooked milk growing up and around my 16Th year I began craving it constantly and I grew 9 inches in one year(This was back in the growth hormone days of the late 1990s. Once I quit growwing I stopped craving it and eventually I became intolerant to it and by the time I was sick I couldn't drink it without sugar spikes or gut pains(of course I was using cooked milk)

Anyway back to this mutant strain Idea. I have personally seen what my wife has done and many other pregnant women do instinctively to nourish the unborn. My wife will drink a half gallon of whole pasteurized milk a day ,during the latter months of pregnancy and she has given birth to 3 blue ribbon babied with a fourth on the way. I think her body filters out the negative componits of dairy and uses it to provide a nutritional advantage to the unborn baby. I still think there are so many variables involved that there is no way to be absolutely sure about the dairy issue. I think that people do exist who have iron caldron's in their gut and can digest dairy and live well, although once the gut is compromised dairy can become an issue. I was treated with antibiotic drugs about fifty times by the time I was 18 so my digestive issues and food intolerance's were inevitable. But I swear to you that I come from a people with traditionally iron clad digestive tracks. My 86 year old grandmother still drinks store brand skim milk and eats cooked everything, of course she is from the non Indian side of the family, and her father gave here mostly homegrown farm food growing up.

This gene for persistent lactose digestion may be a fragile occurrence that degenerates within the first generation that people moved away from the traditional diets that forced the adaption to occur in some isolated groups of humans, The human ability to live off of about any food is quite amazing, but sadly with the rise of the industrial age the conditions of life have so radically changed that there is no way for the human species to adapt genetically to live of the food that is being designed for us. This new food is causing our genetic adaptions to go haywire. Once the cycle of breastfeeding mother who feeds her offspring from breast milk produced by the same traditional diet she was fed as a youth and is able to feed her children the same foods her grand parrents were adapted to, and so on, then the health will be compromised. The first Eskimos who were taken into the white men's, world got sick and died, Things aren't that drastic for most of us , but to a lesser degree we have been cut off from our traditional diets for long enough to lose the digestive prowess of our ancestors.  
A man who makes a beast of himself, forgets the pain of being a man.

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #27 on: December 17, 2010, 01:00:10 pm »
I have personally seen what my wife has done and many other pregnant women do instinctively to nourish the unborn. My wife will drink a half gallon of whole pasteurized milk a day ,during the latter months of pregnancy and she has given birth to 3 blue ribbon babied with a fourth on the way. I think her body filters out the negative componits of dairy and uses it to provide a nutritional advantage to the unborn baby.  

Maybe it's her hormones during pregnancy that make her able to tolerate a half gallon of milk a day.  How would she be if she drank that much of it when she's not pregnant or nursing?

I was different when I was pregnant and nursing.  Pregnant I got more headaches and awful backaches from the beginning.  I so wish I knew all about RAF when I was pregnant.  I didn't drink any milk when I was pregnant.  Maybe it would have helped, but I seriously doubt that.  I never had raw milk either.  Nursing my healing capabilities were amazingly fast and sure.  

I know other women who while pregnant MS and RA went away, to return between their pregnancies.  Then we all hear that it's common for women to get diabetes while they're pregnant, for their diabetes to disappear again when they give birth.  All three of these are called autoimmune conditions.    
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 17, 2010, 01:46:18 pm »
She didn't drink any milk before she first got pregnant and as soon as she quits nursing she quits craving milk. The pregnant state can give women supper human abilities to digest, seek out and concentrate nutritionally whatever it takes to give that baby what it needs. Its a delicately balanced system and isn't without complications, but all in all I think she is more hormonally balanced within pregnancy, although it isn't a fiscally responsible option to keep her perpetually pregnant

This may not be the place for such tangents , but I have witnesses three consecutive miracles and am working on number four, and I am fairly satisfied that the large quantities of dairy eatten by my wife and my two oldest kids have been healthfull, my boy is so strong and robust , he just turned four and all of them are healthy. I still contend that if my wife could trade in the milk for more paleo fare she would be better in the long run, I am getting some progress, she will let me bake her fish in lamb fat now, I was putting lamb fat dripping on all the kids foods as an alternative to butter, I think it balances things out to alternate types of fat so they will have butter some days and lamb fat others, occasional coconut butter, and even some cod liver oil. Its truly amazing the results I have had by just supplementing their diet with a variety of clean fats and some paleo foods.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #29 on: December 17, 2010, 05:05:47 pm »
my guess is that most of the people who are said to be lactose-intolerant have only tried pasteurized dairy, or, were introduced to cow's milk before their gut was properly colonized with healthy bacteria from extended breastfeeding. Most people i know who have told me they have trouble with dairy seem to tolerate raw milk just fine.
  I seriously doubt that, given that so many RVAFers I know have some form of problem with raw dairy, from minor to major issues. As for me, I was breastfed for 6 months so my gut was properly colonised with bacteria, and had drunk raw milk for c. 2 weeks to 1 month a year, on most years during my childhood.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 17, 2010, 09:32:32 pm »
 Tyler,   Was your mother drinking copious amounts of milk while pregnant with you and nursing, because that may be an important factor in the development of dairy tolerance. I believe that the ability to tolerate dairy could be diminished in people whose mother doesn't pass on the dairy tolerance immune factors through the placenta and later on through breast feeding. Its just a hypothesis nothing universal or scientific, but I have observed some people who can still tolerate milk through adulthood, and I have also witnessed people like my uncle who drank milk up until his mid thirties and then became intolerant with age. I became really intolerant after my teenage years. Maybe the mechanisms that allow for persistence in lactose digestion are really fragile and even in people with the genetic heritage of dairy tolerance can be easily damaged by some unknown agent(pesticides, or what not) and thus crippling our ability to digest milk as well as many other foods that have been generally well tolerated by our forfathers and mothers.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #31 on: December 17, 2010, 10:04:08 pm »
Tyler,   Was your mother drinking copious amounts of milk while pregnant with you and nursing, because that may be an important factor in the development of dairy tolerance. I believe that the ability to tolerate dairy could be diminished in people whose mother doesn't pass on the dairy tolerance immune factors through the placenta and later on through breast feeding. Its just a hypothesis nothing universal or scientific, but I have observed some people who can still tolerate milk through adulthood, and I have also witnessed people like my uncle who drank milk up until his mid thirties and then became intolerant with age. I became really intolerant after my teenage years. Maybe the mechanisms that allow for persistence in lactose digestion are really fragile and even in people with the genetic heritage of dairy tolerance can be easily damaged by some unknown agent(pesticides, or what not) and thus crippling our ability to digest milk as well as many other foods that have been generally well tolerated by our forfathers and mothers.
  I think my mother was drinking moderate amounts of  milk at the time. She has always throughout life been fond of cheese(pasteurised, of course) so I doubt she ever went completely without, and she aso used a bit of milk for cereals. At the time of pregnancy, the only food she greatly indulged in, though, was lake-trout.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 17, 2010, 10:20:27 pm »
I would grill trout for my wife when she was pregnant with my last one, she is more into catfish with this new one, I have learned not to question the cravings, and to get her what she craves. I worry about her drinking so much milk, but if she can tolerate it and she keeps making healthy baby's, then I will keep my anti dairy theorys on they back burner

Offline rawgypsy

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 20, 2010, 04:24:04 pm »
if the problem is an actual allergy, i don't think it matters if the milk is raw or not, it's an allergic response to the milk protein. Ultimately, we weren't 'designed' to drink the milk of another animal so it's not that surprising that so many people can't tolerate it. I was vegan for about 8 years based on that fact. Then i got pregnant and somehow managed to override my dogma--the milkshake cravings were too strong.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk