Author Topic: Hi all  (Read 3639 times)

Offline risrosen

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
Hi all
« on: November 19, 2010, 03:46:58 am »
It's very good to be here.  This forum is so helpful.

I'm 48 years old.  I have for the last 15+ years been having gargantuan digestive problems that started with a switch to an Ayurvedic vegetarian diet and, after a few weeks of that, a week of an Ayurvedic treatment called panchkarma, which entails eating a very lowfat vegetarian diet.  After that I started getting full too fast and having difficulty swallowing normally.  This gradually spiraled, after a couple of years, into a severe digestive episode from which I never recovered, and from then on I could only eat small amounts of food at a time.  I spent the next 8+ years eating mostly cereal and milk (soy, mostly) to which I added sugar in large, sometimes huge amounts (in order to be able to swallow it and in order to be able to eat enough) and some other sweets--a lot of soy milk was involved.  I also developed a terrible case of OCD around eating and eating environment; for example, if there was any noise, no matter how slight, or reasonable possibility of noise, I would get too anxious to eat.  I started eating meat again in 2004, thanks to the Warrior Diet, but it's been very hard.  Got into Weston Price, and Matt Stone's 180 Degree Health has been helpful, but still no really substantial improvements, except for a fermented raw milk cure which cleared up my chronic severe constipation.

I also have some longstanding and terrible issues with my lower body--legs, low back, buttocks, knees.  It's extremely weird and difficult to describe, but I can do very little physically.

I'm 6' 2" and currently weigh 135 pounds.  I was around 145-150 earlier this year but the milk cure had some bad effects because I couldn't digest it well and was forcing it.  So I had enormous trouble eating this last summer and lost 30 lbs.

Lately I have been feeling very depressed--more than usual, I mean.  I knew diet was involved, but I didn't see anywhere to go dietarily; I had tweaked my cooked food diet about as much as possible.  Something I read prompted me to eat some raw egg yolks, and within a few seconds, it was like someone had turned a light on inside me.  I've tried eating raw egg yolks and raw meat before, having mixed experiences--some really good.  But I know more now and can see some things I was doing wrong.  And last night I had some plain raw fish--in previous attempts I would put coconut oil or raw butter on it, which apparently makes it harder for me to digest--and I just felt so marvelous afterward.  So I'm hooked now.  I came across an article by Good Samaritan that really cleared things up for me.  So I think I'm on my way.  But I can only eat about 2 oz. of meat at a time, or 3 egg yolks, and I don't know how that's going to work out.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2010, 03:55:12 am by risrosen »

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: Hi all
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2010, 04:52:58 am »
Yes, given the above circumstances, you would be best placed to avoid the raw milk for now. if you haven't already, I would suggest switching to 100 percent grassfed meats, or even better raw wild game if you can get it. Other possibilities include eating some raw organ-meats( grassfed organ-meats reputedly help speed up recovery due to having much higher levels of nutrients). Also some raw animal fats or fatty raw meats like raw mutton light be of help, as would some raw wildcaught seafood, and some raw plant-foods(unless you have carb-sensitivities, I guess).

For now, only have raw eggs as a small part of the diet. It's just that many RVAFers find raw eggs not as useful as raw grassfed meats, no doubt due to eggs coming from 100 percent grainfed chickens, however organic they might be.

And, while it is usually only recommended for RVAFers who have been rawpalaeo for at least 1 year, since you seem rather desperate, you might consider trying high-meat as it is very effective against depression:-

http://www.rawpaleoforum.com/display-your-culinary-creations/high-meat-recipe-preparation-for-more-advanced-rafers/

Incidentally, I had  severe muscle-weakness before going rawpalaeo. It meant I couldn't build up muscle properly despite going to the gym. Sounds like you have the same sort of thing.

Anyway, welcome to the forum!
« Last Edit: November 19, 2010, 07:24:47 am by TylerDurden »
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline ForTheHunt

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2010, 06:48:52 am »
Hey buddy. Welcome.

First off; You will get better. Believe it.

It sounds like your digestive tract is probably a right mess. Eat enough fats, and enough highmeat. That is a powerful healing tool. But don't overdo things. Your stomach will gradually get stronger. It might take a year, or it might take five. But you will get better.

Give We Want To Live a read. It should help you get on your way. If dairy doesn't agree with you then skip it. Make sure you test everything extensively though to make sure what really works and what doesn't.

Make sure your meat is organic and grassfed.

And don't hesitate to ask questions here. Make many threads and ask a lot of questions, it's not annoying. People are happy to help.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2010, 07:28:39 am by ForTheHunt »
Take everyones advice with a grain of salt. Try things out for your self and then make up your mind.

Offline risrosen

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2010, 08:31:45 am »
Thanks both.  High meat, here I come.    :P

Tyler, when you said you had problems with most high meat forms except the few you mentioned, what sort of problems did you have?

Offline risrosen

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2010, 08:43:34 am »
Incidentally, to show you how screwed up my brain is...I just bought some frozen liver to make high meat with, and I actually had this thought: I'd better not defrost it on the kitchen counter...I wouldn't want it to spoil.

Offline laterade

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2010, 10:01:34 am »
Incidentally, to show you how screwed up my brain is...I just bought some frozen liver to make high meat with, and I actually had this thought: I'd better not defrost it on the kitchen counter...I wouldn't want it to spoil.

I think in our time, getting in the habit of replacing bunk knowledge is paramount. I have learned to question every thing and spend much time contemplating and reviewing what I have learned. It becomes a habit, and gets easier as I go. Follow your heart, your brain is most likely toxic. Mine was and is still cleansing, metaphorically.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2010, 05:11:35 pm »
My experimentation with prefrozen meats did not work. On the other hand, a few here claim it worked fine for them.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2010, 05:16:00 pm »
Thanks both.  High meat, here I come.    :P

Tyler, when you said you had problems with most high meat forms except the few you mentioned, what sort of problems did you have?
It is all a matter of taste. Some RVAFers find that they eventually get used to even eating raw meat that has been aging for months and has become a liquid soup, for example. I still cannot stand that kind of high-meat, and just wait until it's all completely slimy on the surface before eating it(from 3 to 6 weeks) and finish any high-meats before 7 weeks are up. I also prefer using tough, aged meats like raw heart or raw tongue as they stay solid for much longer. I have tried any other kinds of high-meats made from raw eggs or raw fish etc. but just cannot get used to the taste. It took a while for me to get used to aged raw tongue/heart even but that was solved by starting with bolting down tiny slivers followed  each time by a gulp of alkaline mineral water.
" Ron Paul.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk