Author Topic: Hey  (Read 5065 times)

Offline SteakNchop

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
Hey
« on: December 03, 2010, 04:52:04 am »
First I'll tell a little about me. I am 14, athlete and all that stuff. Been eating carnivorously for a few weeks, though not raw. I came here because I got kicked out of dirtycarnivore.com for saying that what someone said sounded very hypocritical to me. They were talking about carb refeeds....what a screwed up ZC forum.... -v

I am not eating raw as of now, but might in the future. Glad to meet you all.

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
Re: Hey
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2010, 05:13:59 am »

Welcome, boy!
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2010, 05:15:34 am »
Welcome to the forum! Please give us a link to the thread you mentioned for which you got banned. I'm curious, as we have had some previous experience with 1 or 2 overly tyrannical dirtycarnivore long-term members.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2010, 06:39:57 am by TylerDurden »
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Caveman

• Bear Hunter
  • Man of the cave
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2010, 07:15:45 am »
Hey there! I encourage you to try and start cooking your meat a little less at some point and see how you like it. I was so surprised to see how much better I felt after doing so..

Good luck with everything.

Offline SteakNchop

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2010, 07:29:53 am »
Thanks for the welcomes. As I have been banned, I cannot access the thread and don't remember the title anyway. But basically what happened was this: Member (staff member?) posts that he does carb refeeds, though this is a carnivorous forum. I say, "We all think that humans are carnivores, right? So wouldn't carb refeeds be hypocritical?" I get a long response about how I should not be calling anybody a hypocrite. I respond by saying that in no way was I calling anybody a hypocrite and if it was interpreted that way I am sorry, as that's not what I meant. Next thing I know I am banned. Maybe they just didn't want a 14 year old on there?

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Opportunistic Carnivore
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2010, 07:34:08 am »
I don't think they are ZC over there.
“Integrity has no need of rules.”

Albert Camus

Offline SteakNchop

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2010, 07:35:36 am »
I don't think they are ZC over there.
Well it is a forum for carnivores and most people there are.

djr_81

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2010, 08:32:45 am »
Well it is a forum for carnivores and most people there are.
It's "Dirty" Carnivore because they don't adhere to a hardcore ZC stance like ZIOH does. They advocate all flavors of a carnivorous diet so obviously some will be in favor of non-animal additions to the diet (seaweed, dairy, etc.).
FWIW while we do have a carnivorous section we too have a range of people who eat carnivorously who advocate various amounts of non-animal foods in the diet even as just supplements. We also have a large member base who eat omnivorously and thrive this way as well. Everyone gets along for the most part here no matter how they eat but we all try to show each other respect.

Welcome to the forum. :)
« Last Edit: December 03, 2010, 08:52:04 am by djr_81 »

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2010, 08:41:29 am »
Wow, so young.
Welcome.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline Ioanna

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2010, 11:32:28 am »
welcome! :)

Offline SteakNchop

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2010, 11:40:40 am »
Well, I'm sure getting some warm welcomes. O0

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2010, 09:46:37 am »
I'm also a member at the DC forum. Most of the folks there are at least open-minded about including some non-animal foods. The forum got started when some members of the Zeroing in on Health (ZIOH) forum were banned and other former ZIOHers joined DC out of frustration with the level of dogma and intolerance at ZIOH. So this history helps explain why there's suspicion regarding anyone who criticizes someone for not being purely ZC. Ironically, ZIOH is no longer a truly ZC forum itself even though it claims to be (they now allow dairy carbs). This is especially ironic given that some of the former ZIOH members report having been criticized in the past there for consuming milk or cheese.
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk