Author Topic: Orange juice Fruits Tea??  (Read 5472 times)

Offline achillezzz

• Chief
    • View Profile
Orange juice Fruits Tea??
« on: December 11, 2010, 05:52:21 am »
What you think about orange juice? I drink alot of it through the day I eat tons of fruits and drink alot of tea
is it unhealthy ?? I do alot cardio alot I have to play basketball but is there any dangers with this habits?

Offline KD

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Orange juice Fruits Tea??
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2010, 05:53:30 am »
probably depends on who you ask. do you squeeze the juice?

Offline achillezzz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2010, 05:54:28 am »
probably depends on who you ask. do you squeeze the juice?

of course!! homemade !! I never drink shit from the store.  :)

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2010, 05:58:55 am »
of course!! homemade !! I never drink shit from the store.  :)
  Well, I have never had a problem with raw, freshly-squeezed orange-juice. On the other hand, I try to avoid drinking too much tea as I find it slightly unhealthy.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline achillezzz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2010, 06:01:02 am »
Yeah but everyone say too much fruit is bad for you and orange is high glycemic but on other hand
if I go zero carb I lose alot of weight probably which I cant afford so Im not sure what to do :D

whats wrong with the fruits anyway?

Offline KD

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2010, 06:03:56 am »
supposedly orange juice contains fiber and thus doesn't spike blood sugar as much as other fruit juices. I personally did lots of OJ and fruits for years and I feel as if it was fairly destructive but not without any positives. Its fairly hard to get off processed and heated sugars without turning to fruits or animal fats so that part is positive, but I believe raw fruit sugar can feed issues that even other cooked foods/starches do not. No one really knows these things however. I would just read up on all the arguments (fructose, testimonials etc..) and decide what works for you right now. Odds are since you are young you have time to make a few mistakes if that is the turn out, so the worst thing to do would be to stress about things especially as long as you are avoiding most of the processed crap. are you eating raw meats now?

Offline achillezzz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2010, 06:09:15 am »
The meats are the only thing which is not raw unfortunately  :'(
I eat cooked chicken and medium rare steaks with salads before to bring some enzymes in.
Soon I guess I'll try some but Im in doubt I'll love the taste
One thing I noticed about cooked meats is that they dehydrate me so I eat it with veggies and I am forced to drink Tea / Water along with it.

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2010, 03:15:26 pm »
I eat cooked chicken and medium rare steaks with salads before to bring some enzymes in.
One thing I noticed about cooked meats is that they dehydrate me so I eat it with veggies and I am forced to drink Tea / Water along with it.

Don't worry about it, take paleo at your own pace. I am still not even close to 100% raw but I am definately starting to improve. Also I really only find fruit to be a problem when you go from being low carb to suddenly introducing huge amounts of very high GI fruits into your diet. If your body is conditioned to fruit then you should have no problems.
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."

Offline Stancel

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2010, 02:37:43 pm »
Well it's a better choice than apple juice. -v

apple juice...looks like pee, tastes like it too. ;)

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2010, 03:40:43 pm »
One thing I noticed about cooked meats is that they dehydrate me so I eat it with veggies and I am forced to drink Tea

Sounds like most of my daily intake growing up through most of elementary school.

How do you feel drinking the OJ you make?  Good?

I had no idea what low or how GI foods/fruit or diet does, from personal observation.  But I read WW2L and tried to apply the percentages of fat recommended.  It felt really good.

You are getting vegetable enzymes, but they are very different enzymes than found in other raw foods.

Why no raw meats yet?
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk