Author Topic: weird muscle tightness after reintroducing fruit  (Read 8576 times)

Offline rawcarni

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
weird muscle tightness after reintroducing fruit
« on: January 25, 2011, 01:39:41 pm »
Hi all,
i have been eating raw zc for some time now-with a handfull of greens every now and then (but that was VERY seldom). So couple days ago I felt a very strong craving for cake and breadstuff. I was already eating about 80% or so fat, so the thought of eating to little fat and hence the carb cravings didn't make sense. When I went to get some meat I was strongly driven to the fruit and thought how wonderful they smelled etc. so I thought my body just really needs something in the fruit these days? I started eating fruit again 3 days ago and ever since I have some really weird and strong muscle tightness in my legs. Also my foot kind of cramps. I wonder what I should do now? Go on eating fruit and see if the problem will resolve? Stop eating fruit and go back to ZC? It's really bothering me as I had to reduce my running-energywise everything is fine, but my legs do hurt so much!
Anyone has an idea what could be the problem?
Help is much appreciated.
Many thanks
Nicole

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: weird muscle tightness after reintroducing fruit
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2011, 01:52:28 pm »
How much time zc? Your body is use to using ketones now, you have to let it get back in rythm.
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."

Offline rawcarni

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2011, 05:58:02 pm »
How much time zc? Your body is use to using ketones now, you have to let it get back in rythm.
About half a year or more. So you'd suggest waiting a few more days to see what will happen? I had some fruit today again and my joints hurt, my skin is kind of itchy and my muscles still feel really stiff. I was wondering if I should simply stop the experiment and go back eating ZC. Besides I am very tired, when I though that fruit should make me feel more alert due to the sugar?

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2011, 08:30:34 am »
Did you get any of the symptoms you've reported here before you went ZC?
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline rawcarni

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2011, 12:44:21 pm »
Did you get any of the symptoms you've reported here before you went ZC?
Once on my attempt to try raw vegan I had the same and thought it would be some grain withdrawal. Then after a year os so back on the "standard" vegan diet I started paleo and had the same-of course thinking again it was some grain withdrawal-but this time it wasn't that bad as it is now. When I switched to ZC after maybe 2 weeks (maybe even earlier) my legs would feel heavy for two or three days but not with all that stiffness now and cramping.

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2011, 12:50:10 pm »
I know you are probably going to not want to try this, but for 1 or 2 days eat absolutely no meat, only eat fruit and vegetables. Your body hasn't digested plant material in half a year. Im not surprised that you are having negative reactions. Also what kind of fruit did you eat?
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."

Offline rawcarni

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2011, 01:29:44 pm »
I know you are probably going to not want to try this, but for 1 or 2 days eat absolutely no meat, only eat fruit and vegetables. Your body hasn't digested plant material in half a year. Im not surprised that you are having negative reactions. Also what kind of fruit did you eat?
Mhm I am thinking about trying it: what kind dof fruit & veggies would you recommend?
Actually today on my attempt to run I was thinking about eating ZC again from today on as my body is aching all over, I have cramps in my foot, my shins do hurt-my left foot did even fell numb when running.
But then I am not sure because I also experienced this muscle stiffness when I started eating a raw vegan diet after some time on the vegan diet-so this had nothing to do with reintroducing new food items. But back then I thought it would be some grain withdrawal ???.
I ate bananas, apples, oranges.

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2011, 09:15:12 pm »
I doubt your issues with fruit will go away by eating more of it..
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

Offline rawcarni

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2011, 11:31:05 pm »
I doubt your issues with fruit will go away by eating more of it..
Yes after thinking some time about that today I have come to the same conclusion. And actually: I felt the best I have ever felt before when I ate ZC, and it has given me much positive things. My health improved considerably-so why try to fix sth. that is not broken? I just wondered why I suddenly wanted to eat some fruit/sweet stuff. So the experiment is over....

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2011, 02:12:07 am »
I did the same thing as you but it took 4 months of experimenting to get back to no plants >.> Do you eat many internal organs?
« Last Edit: January 27, 2011, 02:26:15 am by miles »
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

Offline rawcarni

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2011, 02:36:07 am »
I did the same thing as you but it took 4 months of experimenting to get back to no plants >.> Do you eat many internal organs?
Are you saying you tried for 4 months to include plants in your diet and then decided to go without?
Yes I LOVE organ meats-I feel they taste way better than muscle. Sometimes when I had too much kidney I don't want it for a while-but liver I can't seem to get tired of, same with heart (well a muscle but still  :D). Lungs I find rather boring and hard to eat.

Offline Josh

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2011, 03:33:31 am »
Muscle tightness can be caused by nutritional imbalances in the body, and made worse by active trigger points.

I'd say don't overthink it. It's possibly a temporary imbalance while you adjust.

If you want to treat the trigger points, let me know and I'll post something.

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2011, 07:21:04 am »
I will get muscle cramping in the summer, and I blame it on mineral imbalance, I will sweat out all my salts. I am a raw Carnivore and what minerals I get from my diet seems to be just enough to maintain a healthy balance. If I get depleted and begin to cramp I will add a pinch of salt to some lemon water and grind and eat some bone meal and that usually does the trick, I will also buy a dozen oysters and drink all the juice If I have sweated a bunch.

Fruits are not for me, even before paleo I would eat apples and bananas, but would notice that I never felt well afterward, of course I had blood sugar issues as well as fungal overgrowth, which fruit seemed to aggravate. Even after a year on low carb the few times I have tried anything sweeter than a lemon or a coconut I have negative effects.
A man who makes a beast of himself, forgets the pain of being a man.

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2011, 10:22:39 am »
Are you saying you tried for 4 months to include plants in your diet and then decided to go without?

Did or did not, there was no try.

I had no reason to try and eat them as I felt good already, I just did eat them. I had been training Judo every day so I needed to be in good health, so I hadn't been eating anything which I know to compromise it, not that I had any desire to eat anything else that I was suppressing. Anyway that changed because of financial stuff which meant to couldn't train full-time any more, so I stopped training completely because I needed to train full-time or there was no point... so I loosened up for a bit. It started when there was a 5p, reduced massive ripe water-melon in the super market. I didn't have any desire for fruit or plants, but it was a load of food for not much money so I thought I might as well buy it since I didn't have any training and didn't have to worry about it. Also I had only ever eaten cooked-meat paleo with non-animals or raw-meat paleo animals only so I didn't actually know what it was going to be like. I basically went the same for 4 months, just eating any non-animal food(fruit/honey/nuts/milk/anything 'paleo') I felt like trying, in varying quantities and proportions, my health getting worse the more non-animals I ate but I wasn't so bothered. Just about a month ago I stopped eating non-animals again because I need my health back for the next part of my life, starting with going to live in the wild, something I decided to do at the end of the last part of my life. I was basically on a four-month gap. My health declined more the more non-animals that I ate. So now I've gone back to eating only animals.

Offline achillezzz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2011, 06:17:18 am »
Did or did not, there was no try.

I had no reason to try and eat them as I felt good already, I just did eat them. I had been training Judo every day so I needed to be in good health, so I hadn't been eating anything which I know to compromise it, not that I had any desire to eat anything else that I was suppressing. Anyway that changed because of financial stuff which meant to couldn't train full-time any more, so I stopped training completely because I needed to train full-time or there was no point... so I loosened up for a bit. It started when there was a 5p, reduced massive ripe water-melon in the super market. I didn't have any desire for fruit or plants, but it was a load of food for not much money so I thought I might as well buy it since I didn't have any training and didn't have to worry about it. Also I had only ever eaten cooked-meat paleo with non-animals or raw-meat paleo animals only so I didn't actually know what it was going to be like. I basically went the same for 4 months, just eating any non-animal food(fruit/honey/nuts/milk/anything 'paleo') I felt like trying, in varying quantities and proportions, my health getting worse the more non-animals I ate but I wasn't so bothered. Just about a month ago I stopped eating non-animals again because I need my health back for the next part of my life, starting with going to live in the wild, something I decided to do at the end of the last part of my life. I was basically on a four-month gap. My health declined more the more non-animals that I ate. So now I've gone back to eating only animals.

Miles what do you think if a young professional athlet is put on raw paleo diet will his performance increase to a degree where he can get to the olympics?

I sooo wish I had grassfed animal fats here I would eat them all day become 240lbs and get to the NBA, Im for real.

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2011, 09:52:21 am »
If I'd kept going the way I was, the direction I did not expect to veer from, I would've been in the Olympics. But for me, before paleo diet I was of very poor health and it was always a great disadvantage for me. When I began to eat paleo my health became average, and then with raw animals only it was very good, so I no longer felt any disadvantage compared to anyone, and up against most I felt a definite physical advantage. I can't say for anyone else as I can only speak for myself and my own circumstances. It definitely increased my performance, by many degrees.

The most important thing is not to be the drone of any coach. Especially if you're eating very differently to everyone else, the way you perform is going to be different. For example eating raw animals only I didn't need to warm up vigorously like everyone else did with high intensity exercises and doing so would only mean I'd get less out of the session. You're there for you, not the coach. My methods of training, and my style of fighting were very much related to my diet. Also remember what event you're training for, there's only so much you can do and you don't want any of it to be misplaced.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk