Author Topic: Hello RAW-PALEO-WORLD!! Party ON!  (Read 20889 times)

Offline Josh

• Chief
    • View Profile
Re: Hello RAW-PALEO-WORLD!! Party ON!
« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2011, 01:14:15 am »
There could be several reasons for her death, for me one of the them is that tooth-fillings troubled her immune-system. Burger never mentioned this problem and till now most of his followers don't do it or deny it.

What about 'Raw diets aren't guaranteed to cure or prevent cancer' ?

http://www.livescience.com/animals/090624-cancer-animals.html

Offline achillezzz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2011, 02:27:11 am »

Yup I want to know that too.

About fruits I eat alot of em with alot of cold water right with them Its just something I cant live without I like mango with tons of cold waterr or watermelon or berries or apples or bananas or orange juice with cold water.

Never had a problem.

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2011, 02:58:08 am »

Sure. I never thought instinctive raw paleo nutrition would make me bulletproof against cancer! We all have eaten cooked junk for years and perhaps (just like asbestos) it can cause a cancer decades latter. Also we can't totally avoid ingesting some carcinogen that are present everywhere in our environment - air, water and food. Nicole ate cooked food, dairy and wheat till she was about 25. Lately she was in disagreement with her husband about certain points; finally she ate beef, and beef, almost exclusively beef everyday for several years and in the end (when she new having cysts) she took supplements based on milk - I also strongly suspect she ended by eating junk (photo eating pie)...

Under raw paleo instinctive nutrition, several people had their cancer self-healed, but the reverse thing can also happen sometimes - especially in cases of cooked exceptions or/and unbalanced nutrition due to psychological problems /failed love relationships.  

From your link:
The study suggests links between wildlife cancers and human pollutants, as well. For example, beluga whales in the St. Lawrence River system have an extraordinarily high rate of intestinal cancer — it is their second leading cause of death. One kind of pollutant in the waters, called polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons, is known to cause cancer in humans. The compounds are suspected carcinogens for beluga whales as well. Fish in other polluted waterways, including brown bullhead catfish and English sole, also exhibit high levels of cancer.

Also, about cancer cases in wild animals, we should not forget that the human observer is not conscious of disturbing the observed animals, especially by leaving cooked leftovers and junkfood that the animals may feed on. Plus, these animals may have seen their environment degraded, confined or have been displaced by human presence around them. 

« Last Edit: February 03, 2011, 03:36:42 am by Iguana »
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline Löwenherz

• Chief
    • View Profile
Re: Tropical fruits bad for us? Meat from domestic animals detrimental?
« Reply #28 on: February 03, 2011, 04:29:29 am »
According to GCB, Nicole had been eating a lot of beef everyday for about 8 years. Other people told me that she ended by eating only beef and lettuce. I saw a photo of her eating pie… 

I didn't know that she was eating so much beef. It reminds me of Lex_Rookers diet. By the way: Many zero carbers have been inspired by "the bear", a man living in Australia, eating only beef for several decades. It didn't protect him against cancer and heart disease. Therefore I never understood why he had so many followers on his dietary regime...

I never had problems with tropical fruits, either in Sri Lanka (I lived there a few years), ...

Wow! Where have you been living in Sri Lanka? I prefer the hills west of Kandy... I love this tropical country. Unfortunately, eating meat there is really a problem. Don't like fish every day...

Cheers,
Löwenherz

Offline Löwenherz

• Chief
    • View Profile
Re: Is fruit a sweet killer?
« Reply #29 on: February 03, 2011, 04:34:42 am »
Did you find most of these symptoms disappeared on a lower fruit diet....esp teeth. My gums are slightly receding, have slight enamel loss on some back molars, making them a bit sensitive if I overeat acid fruit which I tend to limit anyway.? Did your teeth actually improve?
Bronwen

Yes, a diet high in saturated animal fats shows strong healing effects on teeth, enamel, gums, hair, skin and joints in my body AS LONG AS my fruit intake remains very low.

Higher fruit intake inhibits healing processes and high fruit intake causes continuation of decay.

Plant fats seem to be completely useless regarding these issues.

Best wishes,
Löwenherz

Offline Löwenherz

• Chief
    • View Profile
Re: Are sheep really cancer-resistant?
« Reply #30 on: February 03, 2011, 04:37:26 am »

Very interesting, thanks!

I have heard that sheep never get cancer. Does anybody know if this is true?

Löwenherz

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 03, 2011, 04:55:48 am »
Wow! Where have you been living in Sri Lanka? I prefer the hills west of Kandy... I love this tropical country. Unfortunately, eating meat there is really a problem. Don't like fish every day...

Bentota (SW coast) 1979 -1982. In Kandy the second time in 1988, already instincto. Yes, meat is a problem there but once they found a wild boar leg for me and otherwise I ate raw fish every day when we returned to Bentota for holidays latter. The fish is excellent there. I also ate a lot of delicious eggs from a wild animal sometimes... The jackfruits are abundant and almost free, the durians are nearly wild and very different from each other.

My ex-wife is Sri Lankan.
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 03, 2011, 10:31:31 am »
Did "the bear" just eat cooked beef all the time? I would get sick of it.
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 03, 2011, 10:39:04 am »
Also re the wild animal cancer. The devils only got cancer because of a virus which caused the cancer. Without the virus they wouldn't develope it. And the whales could have gotten cancer from human pollutants. I don't disagree that wild animal cancer is real but the article makes it seem a lot worse then I believe it is.
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 03, 2011, 02:43:54 pm »
The devils only got cancer because of a virus which caused the cancer.

That's what those scientists inferred from the current theoretical model... which is very probably wrong.

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 03, 2011, 03:03:08 pm »
That's what those scientists inferred from the current theoretical model... which is very probably wrong.
So do you think the tasmanian devil cancer is actually because of some sort of pollution? Also that pie picture of Nicole, was that during when she was eating instincto or when she already knew she had cancer?

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 03, 2011, 05:07:13 pm »
Yes, it could well be, or due to cutback on there habitat as well as drastic reduction of their population. It is quite possible that this virus would be harmless or even beneficial like most viruses in normal conditions.

According to  Wikipedia:
the tasmanian devil hunts prey and scavenges carrion as well as eating household products if humans are living nearby.

they are known to eat the bodies of murder victims or people who have committed suicide

Recent research from the University of Sydney has shown that the infectious facial cancer may be able to spread because of vanishingly low genetic diversity in devil immune genes (MHC class I and II)—raising questions about how well small, and potentially inbred, populations of animals are able to survive

I don’t know when this photo of Nicole eating pie was taken.

Offline Löwenherz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 04, 2011, 03:07:27 am »
Bentota (SW coast) 1979 -1982. In Kandy the second time in 1988, already instincto. Yes, meat is a problem there but once they found a wild boar leg for me and otherwise I ate raw fish every day when we returned to Bentota for holidays latter. The fish is excellent there. I also ate a lot of delicious eggs from a wild animal sometimes... The jackfruits are abundant and almost free, the durians are nearly wild and very different from each other.

My ex-wife is Sri Lankan.

WOW!
Sri Lanka in the seventies. I guess travelling through tropical countries was much more adventurous at that time. No internet, no mobile phones... Have you been in Hikkaduwa also? (not far away from Bentota) I have heard that Hikka was a real hippie paradise. hehe. My I ask you how old you are now? Last year I was hiking in the spectacular mountains near Ella and found hundreds of jakfruit trees with HUGE fruits. Even on the markets they sell only unripe Jakfruit und give the ripe ones in any amount to anybody for free. So far I never got any wild meat from land mammals, but the seafood is indeed excellent.

Today things are changing. Traffic jams near Kandy everyday, dole bananas on the markets and in some places extreme air pollution, highways are in construction. But paradise is still easy to find... I expect that the east coast will boom in the next years.

Cheers,
Löwenherz

Offline Löwenherz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 04, 2011, 03:36:19 am »
Did "the bear" just eat cooked beef all the time? I would get sick of it.

If I remember correctly he ate most of the beef raw but also mentioned several times that he rendered suet...

Löwenherz

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 04, 2011, 04:16:56 am »
WOW!
Sri Lanka in the seventies. I guess travelling through tropical countries was much more adventurous at that time. No internet, no mobile phones... Have you been in Hikkaduwa also? (not far away from Bentota) I have heard that Hikka was a real hippie paradise. hehe. My I ask you how old you are now? Last year I was hiking in the spectacular mountains near Ella and found hundreds of jakfruit trees with HUGE fruits. Even on the markets they sell only unripe Jakfruit und give the ripe ones in any amount to anybody for free. So far I never got any wild meat from land mammals, but the seafood is indeed excellent.

Today things are changing. Traffic jams near Kandy everyday, dole bananas on the markets and in some places extreme air pollution, highways are in construction. But paradise is still easy to find... I expect that the east coast will boom in the next years.

Sure, I went several times for schnorkeling to Hikkaduwa with friends who came to see us for holidays. But the coral isn't as nice as other places such as Bunaken island near Manado (North Sulawesi), Banda islands or Kandavu (Fiji). We also drove by Ella several times, slept in Ella resthouse near a waterfall. Hmm... memories !  l)

Yes, I used to eat a half jackfruit everyday for my lunch. Colombo is awfully polluted from black exhaust smoke of diesel engines. Kandy must be as polluted now, I guess. The last time I went there was in 2003, a year before the tsunami.

I'll be 65 in July.

Cheers
François

Offline Hanna

• Shaman
    • View Profile
Re: My raw zero carb disaster
« Reply #40 on: February 04, 2011, 03:44:37 pm »
Some of the problems during my zero carb beef diet: Extreme digestive problems, inflammation, frequent diarrhoea, liquid stools, red slime, constipation, cramps, sharp pain, extreme dehydration, extreme thirst, heart problems, palpitations, pain in my chest, was getting worse every month not better, high blood pressure, anxiety, aggressions, vertigo, unable to work, insomnia, paranoid ideas, difficulties concentrating, new cavities,

Cavities while eating zero carb? Interesting. How many cavities did you get? Did you eat any starch/sugar as "exception" or the like?  Did you have many cavities before? Did you get any cavities since you eat low carb? Did you eat any greens or vegetables when you ate zero carb?

Why don´t you eat tropical fruit?

Offline Inger

• Chief
  • 38 yo Norwegian RVAF s.-06, 90% carniv.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 04, 2011, 05:49:42 pm »
If I remember correctly he ate most of the beef raw but also mentioned several times that he rendered suet...

Löwenherz

The Bear was/is(?) eating mostly lightly seared meat, raw inside. He was not a rawfooder by any means as he also eat baked chicken and other recipes. He just found out that to get all vitamins out from meat you should eat it partly raw, or at least introduce some raw meat in your diet.
He was eating cream and cheese also a lot. He makes "ZC-ice cream" with artifical sweetener and whipped cream.
Artifical sweeteners are connected with increased cancer-risk etc.
I think he´s dairy consumption and the use of sweetener was not doing him any good.
My opinion though.

Inger

Offline Löwenherz

• Chief
    • View Profile
Re: Tropical fruits bad for us?
« Reply #42 on: February 05, 2011, 02:15:24 am »
Yes, I used to eat a half jackfruit everyday for my lunch. Colombo is awfully polluted from black exhaust smoke of diesel engines. Kandy must be as polluted now, I guess. The last time I went there was in 2003, a year before the tsunami.

I'll be 65 in July.

Sounds like you are living your dreams. That's great!

I guess you feel healthy at age 65 on your raw paleo diet, right?

Löwenherz

Offline Löwenherz

• Chief
    • View Profile
Re: My raw zero carb disaster - tooth decay and toxic beef
« Reply #43 on: February 05, 2011, 02:31:04 am »

Cavities while eating zero carb? Interesting. How many cavities did you get? Did you eat any starch/sugar as "exception" or the like?  Did you have many cavities before? Did you get any cavities since you eat low carb? Did you eat any greens or vegetables when you ate zero carb?

Why don´t you eat tropical fruit?

Hallo Hanna,

yes, cavitis while on zero carb. I always thought that this is completely impossible due to the absence of sugars. But there are more factors involved. I didn't eat any plant food, no honey and no other sugary food at all. The reason for tooth decay was that my mouth was extremely dry, salivation was strongly impaired. I know from hospitals that people without proper salivation (due to chemotherapy for example) can loose their formerly perfect teeth completely within a few weeks. Strong saliva is very important for healthy teeth.

I had some cavities before my zero carb diet, since age 16 or 18 or so. I don't get any cavities on raw paleo low carb.

The meat that I had eaten was extremely toxic. There is no other explanation for most of the symptoms I got. Later I found out that one of my so called grass fed beef supplier buys tons of pellets made of waste from sugar production plants every month to speed up his beef production processes. As already mentionend I'm very careful today. I never ever touch any raw meat from supermarkets or butcher shops anymore...

Viele Grüße

Löwenherz

Offline Löwenherz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 05, 2011, 02:34:24 am »
He was eating cream and cheese also a lot. He makes "ZC-ice cream" with artifical sweetener and whipped cream.

I think he´s dairy consumption and the use of sweetener was not doing him any good.

Hi Inger,

you're right. Dairy could have played a role. According to scientists there is a strong relation between dairy, impaired IGF1 regulation and cancer.

But who knows, there are so many possible factors...

Löwenherz

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 05, 2011, 07:41:27 am »
Sounds like you are living your dreams. That's great!

I guess you feel healthy at age 65 on your raw paleo diet, right?

Löwenherz

Well your an instincto, right iguana? But that basically means your are raw paleo? Besides following your instincts on what to eat what is the real difference? All the same foods are included and discluded as far as I have read.

Offline King Salmon

• Elder
  • Eating the best realistic diet
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 05, 2011, 10:06:51 am »
Hallo Hanna,

yes, cavitis while on zero carb. I always thought that this is completely impossible due to the absence of sugars. But there are more factors involved. I didn't eat any plant food, no honey and no other sugary food at all. The reason for tooth decay was that my mouth was extremely dry, salivation was strongly impaired. I know from hospitals that people without proper salivation (due to chemotherapy for example) can loose their formerly perfect teeth completely within a few weeks. Strong saliva is very important for healthy teeth.

I had some cavities before my zero carb diet, since age 16 or 18 or so. I don't get any cavities on raw paleo low carb.

The meat that I had eaten was extremely toxic. There is no other explanation for most of the symptoms I got. Later I found out that one of my so called grass fed beef supplier buys tons of pellets made of waste from sugar production plants every month to speed up his beef production processes. As already mentionend I'm very careful today. I never ever touch any raw meat from supermarkets or butcher shops anymore...

Viele Grüße

Löwenherz

So,I guess it's fair to say that your failed ZC experiment was due mostly to poor quality meats as opposed to ZC in of itself?
Maybe if you tried ZC again with good quality meats,you might have a better result?Anyway, no reason to blame ZC as a bad diet if you were eating poor quality food.
"Eat the best of what's available and call it a day"

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 05, 2011, 02:45:09 pm »
Well your an instincto, right iguana? But that basically means your are raw paleo? Besides following your instincts on what to eat what is the real difference? All the same foods are included and discluded as far as I have read.

Yes, I've practiced instinctive nutrition, which is raw paleo, since January 1987.

Offline Löwenherz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 05, 2011, 11:57:38 pm »
So,I guess it's fair to say that your failed ZC experiment was due mostly to poor quality meats as opposed to ZC in of itself?

I tend to believe this.
But I see no need to avoid all fruits and vegetables completely.

Are you following a zero carb diet?

Löwenherz

Offline King Salmon

• Elder
  • Eating the best realistic diet
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 06, 2011, 07:03:34 am »
I tend to believe this.
But I see no need to avoid all fruits and vegetables completely.

Are you following a zero carb diet?

Löwenherz

No,but some days I do.I also eat bell peppers,cucumbers,celery,radishes.I stay away from the sweet stuff ;)
"Eat the best of what's available and call it a day"

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk