Author Topic: Mineral Supplements and Liver  (Read 3053 times)

Offline Coatue

• Warrior
    • View Profile
Mineral Supplements and Liver
« on: February 03, 2011, 12:13:53 pm »
does liver supply the best ratio of minerals to create the natural balance in the human body? I've been wondering since apparently all plant foods and milk products contain these improper rations and cause an imbalance in the body. Liver seems to supply all the necessary minerals but has a low amount of magnesium and potassium...but at least it has some in a easily digestible matter right? The head wolf in a pack always gets the liver...they must know something instinctively. Thus, does one really need take any mineral supplements or even a magnesium supplement if they are eating low amounts of it in liver? I'm starting to think perhaps the "Daily Value" percentages are incorrect and we truly don't know what is the proper ratio. However, some people believe there is a mineral depletion issue. Then others believe taking pure mineral supplements cause an inevitable balance. SO....im schluss...Mineral supplements or no mineral supplements at all is needed on raw paleo? Or I guess another way of putting it: has natures resources to heal us been exhausted by environmental pollution and destruction?
« Last Edit: February 03, 2011, 12:54:16 pm by Coatue »

Offline cliff

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Mineral Supplements and Liver
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2011, 11:36:48 pm »
People have always eaten plant foods, even inuits.  No need to be afraid of make believe "nutritional imbalances"(not that they don't exist but they usually involve mega doses of supplements).

If you really think carnivore is the best you better find a good source for blood as this probably contains most of the minerals you would be missing.  Bone broths are also something to think about if you aren't too worried about consuming everything raw.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2011, 12:04:49 am »
If one is eating 100 percent  raw grassfed or wild meats and is also eating a variety of raw organ-meats every now and then, then supplements are a waste of time, as one gets plenty via the RPD diet.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Coatue

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2011, 01:45:43 am »
People have always eaten plant foods, even inuits.  No need to be afraid of make believe "nutritional imbalances"(not that they don't exist but they usually involve mega doses of supplements).

If you really think carnivore is the best you better find a good source for blood as this probably contains most of the minerals you would be missing.  Bone broths are also something to think about if you aren't too worried about consuming everything raw.

Do you really need blood if your eating enough organs?

Offline Caveman

• Bear Hunter
  • Man of the cave
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2011, 05:40:59 am »
Do you really need blood if your eating enough organs?

Organs should supply you with plenty of blood, I'm sure. It would be interesting to try actually drinking fresh blood sometime, but I bet eating enough of a variety of quality animal foods with organs should be good enough.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk